GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
if you look at the expressions of the extras in the background, it seems like they're holding back specifically so jon can do it one on one. one extra in particular gets the bewildered restraint face down perfectly.

makes sense especially in the light of ramsay saying he reconsidered the one on one battle.
Yeah, they don't shoot Ramsay out of respect for John. Part of me was hoping John would be like "nah, you had your chance" and they unload on him, but because he didn't say anything the people around him hold back because Ramsay is not theirs to kill. It's the same reason why John doesn't kill him right there once he sees Sansa.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, they don't shoot Ramsay out of respect for John. Part of me was hoping John would be like "nah, you had your chance" and they unload on him, but because he didn't say anything the people around him hold back because Ramsay is not theirs to kill. It's the same reason why John doesn't kill him right there once he sees Sansa.
I more got the impression he was embarrassed to have her see him losing his shit like that, but I suppose he also could have backed off to let her get the xp.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
in the short After the Thrones bit after the episode the producers said Jon stopped because he realized that Sansa deserved to get the kill

Caliane

I did take it as "nope. Sansa gets to kill you" at first. however, she later had to ask where he was. that later seen didn't mesh entirely with, he was a gift to her at that point.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Let's face it. The show was fantastic for the political intrigue and acting the first few seasons but it has seriously dropped in quality the past 2. Especially this season. And the only reason we're watching it is for the major battle scenes like this past episode but more importantly to see what the fuck is going to happen with the most interesting part of the story at this point. The White Walkers. The part that is going to be severely disappointing because they refuse to make it the major talking point and show them to the rest of the world of Westeros.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I more got the impression he was embarrassed to have her see him losing his shit like that, but I suppose he also could have backed off to let her get the xp.
At that moment I was honestly expecting Jon to say, "Do you want to be the one to kill him?" or something like that after looking at Sansa.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I did take it as "nope. Sansa gets to kill you" at first. however, she later had to ask where he was. that later seen didn't mesh entirely with, he was a gift to her at that point.
Ramsey could have been in the dungeon when Sansa asked where he was. It could have been her choice to put him in the kennels.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Let's face it. The show was fantastic for the political intrigue and acting the first few seasons but it has seriously dropped in quality the past 2. Especially this season. And the only reason we're watching it is for the major battle scenes like this past episode but more importantly to see what the fuck is going to happen with the most interesting part of the story at this point. The White Walkers. The part that is going to be severely disappointing because they refuse to make it the major talking point and show them to the rest of the world of Westeros.
They still have political intrigue, its just incoherent.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If they have stated 3 major characters get killed off next episode I hardly would count Kevan as a major character. But then again the major character that got killed this episode was Rickon and he's been gone for 3 seasons so what do I know.

I think Tommen is correct dying by Cersei's hand. Probably the High Sparrow. And then maybe Loras.

iannis

Musty Nester
Obviously a backhanded comment, but Ill bite.

It was a good example to illustrate the point I was making about plot armor. I clearly wasnt holding the two in the same esteem. Try harder.
Plot armor is a pretty specific notion that the hero gets to do completely retarded things and come out of it alive. Jon has grown plot armor. Solo charging an entire row of archers and walking away? That's plot armor. It's "he's our hero, our plot revolves around him. He can't die. No matter HOW stupid his actions are". The other 3-4 instances of where he's fighting and some guy standing next to him gets hit by an arrow/ a horseman / whatever (he was saved a few times in this manner) is not plot armor, because he's not doing willfully stupid shit just to highlight that he doesn't obey the normal rules of the story that pertain to everyone else. He's just getting lucky, in those cases, but he is obeying the rules.

They could have written it differently to where he didn't have that first part, and more of the second part. Yes, he follows the Heros journey.. but it's really very lazy. It's Action Movie lazy, and honestly that's fine with me. It's a tonal shift. It might seem abrupt to some viewers, but they've been shifting this way for two seasons now. It was a very good action movie. Top notch.

lindz

#DDs
I mean we all knew he wasn't going to stay dead at the end of last season. They took plot armor to a whole new level though with this whole 'lets just rez Jon Snow' thing.

The question I was asking last night though... was who put Ramsey in the kennels and opened the dogs cages. Wouldn't the dogs have torn the shit out of whoever put Ramsey in there if they hadn't been fed in 7 days? And why did they wait until after Sansa and Ramsey's dialogue to realize Ramsey was there covered in blood. Bad writing.
frown.png

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I mean we all knew he wasn't going to stay dead at the end of last season. They took plot armor to a whole new level though with this whole 'lets just rez Jon Snow' thing.

The question I was asking last night though... was who put Ramsey in the kennels and opened the dogs cages. Wouldn't the dogs have torn the shit out of whoever put Ramsey in there if they hadn't been fed in 7 days? And why did they wait until after Sansa and Ramsey's dialogue to realize Ramsey was there covered in blood. Bad writing.
frown.png
Yes that was all terrible, I wish they would have kept him dead. I was hoping for the long con troll job but alas it was not meant to be.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

frown.png
If it wasn't shown on screen it didn't happen.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I was hoping Jon was wearing guantlets and would have caved his skull in with the first punch

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm actually pretty bummed Ramsay died. dude that played him was really good at playing that role. loved to hate him.