GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Caliane

With the High sparrow, you are dealing with both the political, and the metaphysical.
I wish the current seasons leaned more on the cults warring with each other.

He, and the Faith Militant might find themselves taken out, not by Lannisters, but by Red god cultists.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Remember, a lot of that movie's shitty plot was due to the writer's strike. So, he might not be directly responsible...maybe indirectly responsible. Troy wasn't that great either though.
The writers strike that started after the Origins script was already finished?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Dany's ok still. She has dragons. And somehow seems to think that Yara can civilize the vikings by decree just by virtue of not having a weiner. It's cute and couldn't possibly end in tears and a whole lotta dead ass vikings.

Cersei has been driven into the fucking ground though. They shouldn't even kill her. They should just lock her in a tower in casterly rock for her own safety, after they kill her flesh golem guard.

Edit: I didn't know it, but it makes sense why people are calling Arya wolverine now.
I think it was more implied that she should civilize the vikings or burn in dragonfire.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'll have to dig up where I read that recently. I thought the writer's strike interfered with a lot of Deadpool's lines and scenes in the movie.

EDIT: nevermind. Some quick googling reveals Reynolds did a lot of the dialogue himself for that movie, but the Laser Baraka Deadpool was already in place.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll have to dig up where I read that recently. I thought the writer's strike interfered with a lot of Deadpool's lines and scenes in the movie.
Well his lines just plain weren't written, Reynolds had to make up everything himself. I mean I suppose I should put quotes around finished, but the script was 'finished' before the strike began. It was just a half-assed piece of shit.

Neph_sl

shitlord
With the High sparrow, you are dealing with both the political, and the metaphysical.
I wish the current seasons leaned more on the cults warring with each other.

He, and the Faith Militant might find themselves taken out, not by Lannisters, but by Red god cultists.
While it would be an interesting conflict, it definitely won't happen this season as it'll need a lot of build up. The only followers of R'hllor in Westeros (that we know of) are Thoros, Beric, and the Brothers Without Banners.

Let's say Tommen/High Sparrow/Cersei die for the finale and King's Landing is on fire. In the ashes, Lancel could take the mantle of High Sparrow and they stick around. But you're going to have to come up with a reason for the BWB to fight the Faith Militant. I'd love to see Red God versus the Seven happen, but just don't see how it would. Maybe when Daenerys makes it to King's Landing, her Red Priestess followers fight the remaining Faith Militant?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Darth Vader wasn't a villain. He cared about Luke. He was just doing the sort of things that Sith Lords do in that era.

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
lol, if we're going to talk about the books...

She convinces Jaime to (attempt to) murder Bran.
She tries to have Arya's hand cut off, and later tries to convince Jaime to maim/kill her.
Littlefinger suggests that she had one of Robert's side-squeezes sold into slavery and her two bastard children killed.
Rumor is that Sir Hugh of the Vale's death at the tourney was orchestrated by Cersei.
Cersei tries to have Robert killed in the melee, and later actually has him killed while hunting.
Instead of owning up to being a twincester, she has Ned imprisoned, which results in his death - all this despite the fact that Ned was actively trying to keep them from being killed by Robert.
She has a whore beaten as leverage against Tyrion.
She tells the Iron Bank to fuck off, which results in who knows how many deaths due to the economic fallout and chaos.
She allows Qyburn to torture and experiment on people.
She thinks one of her maids is working for Margaery and has her tortured/sacrificed for Qyburn's experiments.
She tries to have Bronn murdered for naming his kid Tyrion.
She has one of the people that tried to help her with Bronn's murder tortured/sacrificed for Qyburn's experiments.
She tries to have Margaery framed for adultery and treason, instead of herself.

Villains can have motivations. She's still a villain in this story.
It's also implied that she pushed her friend Melara Hetherspoon into a well after hearing Maggy the Frog's prophecy. A pre-teen silencing a friend by murdering her... totally not a villain.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Its not for nothing that Olenna called her the most vile person she's ever met you know. There is very little grey area to Cersei in this regard. She acts in her own self-interest at the expense of others by default.

Juvarisx

Florida
Remember, a lot of that movie's shitty plot was due to the writer's strike. So, he might not be directly responsible...maybe indirectly responsible. Troy wasn't that great either though.
Watch the director's cut of Troy its another Kingdom of Heaven / Daredevil situation where they fucked with it.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
As someone who got into the books I've felt the show doesn't meet my expectations. I honestly can't tell if that's because of the blockbusteryness of it (I wholeheartedly concur with Astro, season one is the best cos it wasn't blockbustery and the tone of the showdidchange) or if I'm just being prickly. I've read the massive 50,000 pages and actually took the time to procure the World of Ice and Fire, which means I'm awfully invested in the story. That's time I could've used doing a whole lot of other shit. But I read every single word and regret nothing.

I get riled up sometimes watching the show, but I don't have to remind myself that such a thing would not have existed before the 21st century.

Highlander was awesome in the 80s and even 90s.
Highlander is a piece of shit compared to the worst episode of Game of Thrones.

Battle of the Bastards was good for one thing (fuck the WW2 dragons that were finally awesome): the moment where everything becomes muddy and they're drowning in claustrophobic hands and it looks weird. For a few seconds you have to wonder what you're looking at. That's some artistic shit.
The first three books are legitimately three of the best fantasy novels ever written. It's not unexpected that the show can't live up to that. I think it was a pretty faithful adaption for a while there though. Peter Jackson's LOTR movies were pretty great, they still don't live up to the depth of the actual books. It's similar here. I have complaints in both examples, but generally am pretty happy with what we ended up getting.

Things fell off the rails once they got to aFFC content just like they did in the books. And at this point things are so predictable and the dialogue is so bad that you kind of just have to be along for the ride to get the cliffs notes version of the plot ending. Occasionally in there we get a really entertaining episode like this last one.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Why do people even respond to Astro? It's like getting in to an argument with a fucking retard that "potato" doesn't come after 1 and 2.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
It's also implied that she pushed her friend Melara Hetherspoon into a well after hearing Maggy the Frog's prophecy. A pre-teen silencing a friend by murdering her... totally not a villain.
And she twisted baby Tyrions weiner!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Watch the director's cut of Troy its another Kingdom of Heaven / Daredevil situation where they fucked with it.
The achilles vs hector fight scene in troy is fucking beautiful. Likely one of the best made one on one fight scenes in any movie ever, it was almost good enough to save that pile of trash.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The achilles vs hector fight scene in troy is fucking beautiful. Likely one of the best made one on one fight scenes in any movie ever, it was almost good enough to save that pile of trash.
Get up. Get up, Prince of Troy! I won't let a stone rob me of my glory!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Why do people even respond to Astro? It's like getting in to an argument with a fucking retard that "potato" doesn't come after 1 and 2.
This goes on in every thread. My theory is that it's just so easy to win these arguments that people can't resist doing it. It's an utter waste of time though, you won't convince the retard and everyone else already knows that he's wrong.