GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nothing that George writes will be retarded. As with video games, it's not exactly where the story goes but instead the quality in which it's written that makes it so good. George has created an extremely rich, diverse world with a ton of backstory and that's why there's so many theories out there. It's doubtful that Euron will actually kill the God's, but George is obviously not a fan of religion in general and it shows in this story.

There's something in the line where Aeron says, "He heard the Drown God say, Euron must not be king. The king must be.... (Jon)"

I was not even close to the first person to bring up autism here captain wall of text.
Wall of text? It's a bunch of short points with quotes attached. I could've made it longer if I included all of the quotes and gave more evidence. What the fuck ever. I'm just saying Euron is not a fucking side character, he's a major player in S7, and possibly the end-game (S8). You dispute this, but provide nothing to back it up except, "blah blah, there are only 14 episodes left."

It won't take but perhaps a few 30 second scenes to introduce the Valyrian armor, Dragonbinder, and reintroduce the Horn of Winter. Maybe take a few episodes to establish the extent of Euron's madness and motivations, and character development. You forget just how long 14 hours of television is. That's 7 theatrical movies. Basically Star Wars Episodes I-VII. aSoIaF has been one long journey and that's why you think that very little happen will happen and that the "pieces are set". People thought the "pieces were set" right before Ned's head was removed and the "Red Wedding." Every single time people have thought that the story has "settled" and began focusing on certain characters, those characters get fucking murdered.

Have you not learned anything from this series yet? Jon Snow is probably the only character anyone who will likely remain to the end, with any reasonable level of confidence. Daenaerys? I'd hate to place a bet on whether she survives. There's a reason I'd prefer to focus on S7 and not the ending, because the ending is entirely up to GRRM. No character is safe, and if WoW preview is any indication that may/may not include the Gods themselves.

His original draft only had a handful of survivors way, WAY back in '93 (originally only three books). With the success of the show, the fact that D&D are going to spoil the original ending, there's really no telling how much the books/show will deviate now. Winds of Winter was in the process of being written well before S6 aired, so the Euron preview chapter is probably going to be included into D&D's rendition.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure he's either still in the Frey dungeons or on his way to Casterly Rock.
Isn't he the father of grandpa Frey's grandchild. Arya just killed all the male Frey's so if baby is male them Edmure is regent of House Frey and Lord of House Tully.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh and if wall gets blown up it will likely be because sam found a text that says in case of WW invasion blow horn to release the giants inside.

Woolygimp

Oh and if wall gets blown up it will likely be because sam found a text that says in case of WW invasion blow horn to release the giants inside.
You are assuming that Sam even retains possession of it, and that's a very big assumption given that he's in Oldtown, at the Citadel, with the Iron Fleet on it's way, surrounded by Maesters. Sigh.

Isn't he the father of grandpa Frey's grandchild. Arya just killed all the male Frey's so if baby is male them Edmure is regent of House Frey and Lord of House Tully.
Frey said HE had Lord Edmure imprisoned. "I had him thrown back in his cell. I can't just go off and kill my son-in-law, it wouldn't be right." Edmure has always been imprisoned at The Twins. When did Jaime ever say he was going to return (he would be sending, not returning) him to Casterly Rock? I've watched the Finale a few times and he never says anything of the sort.

Anyway, from the finale it's clear that Edmure is at The Twins, imprisoned by the Freys. Him and his wife seemed to genuinely get along, she'd let him out now that her father/brothers are dead.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Even if Edmure is in a cell and his child is at Casterly Rock doesn't mean that those titles aren't his by succession.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
As has been mentioned earlier, if the big bad is suddenly some guy that was introduced briefly in Season 6, I'm gonna be just a tad bit disappointed. Furthermore, if they delve into even a portion of Euron's powers and artifacts from the books, a ton of television viewers are going to wonder what the fuck is going on. Sure, you can say that since there are dragons and white walkers and all that, people will just accept it...but they won't. I mean, they will because they have to, but it won't be some awesome "OMG check this shit out!" thing like it would be to you. If there is literally no (obvious to a viewer) precedent or setup for all this stuff, it will come off as confusing at the bare minimum, and dumb to a lot of people. We haven't even seen him gaze fondly at a piece of cool-looking armor, or twirl his fingers and watch flames play across them, or his eyes flashing colors, etc. You know, all the stupid obvious shit they do in TV and movies to let us morons know that we're supposed to pay attention to something. Like when Mystique is shape-shifted and they have to show her blink yellow eyes at the camera. Because your average viewer is retarded and needs those cues.

It very well may happen the way you say it does in the books, but I strongly believe that the show won't give very much time at all to Euron and all his powers and gear. It would confuse far too many viewers.

Woolygimp

As has been mentioned earlier, if the big bad is suddenly some guy that was introduced briefly in Season 6, I'm gonna be just a tad bit disappointed. Furthermore, if they delve into even a portion of Euron's powers and artifacts from the books, a ton of television viewers are going to wonder what the fuck is going on. Sure, you can say that since there are dragons and white walkers and all that, people will just accept it...but they won't. I mean, they will because they have to, but it won't be some awesome "OMG check this shit out!" thing like it would be to you. If there is literally no (obvious to a viewer) precedent or setup for all this stuff, it will come off as confusing at the bare minimum, and dumb to a lot of people. We haven't even seen him gaze fondly at a piece of cool-looking armor, or twirl his fingers and watch flames play across them, or his eyes flashing colors, etc. You know, all the stupid obvious shit they do in TV and movies to let us morons know that we're supposed to pay attention to something. Like when Mystique is shape-shifted and they have to show her blink yellow eyes at the camera. Because your average viewer is retarded and needs those cues.

It very well may happen the way you say it does in the books, but I strongly believe that the show won't give very much time at all to Euron and all his powers and gear. It would confuse far too many viewers.
Euron's "powers/artifacts" aren't introduced in any previous books, except for Dragonbinder. They're all from the upcoming Winds of Winter book which covers season seven.

I mean look how the show has handled Dawn. Television viewers are essentially expected to read the HBO website to get the massive amount of relevant information, with everything happening on screen being the highlights. This exists for a reason:

Game of Thrones Viewer's Guide

It's a massive website, with a ton of information, lore, maps, and so forth. Ask any television viewer (that hasn't thoroughly visited the viewer's guide) what a Sword of the Morning is, or Dawn, or where Starfall is located, or about any of the prophecies, and they'll know almost nothing.

The show shows this:

rrr_img_136373.jpg

It's on screen for about one and a half seconds. But this is how relevant it is to the story, and this is assuming that the damn thing isn't actually Lightbringer too (something else a TV viewer would know nothing about). Note that the sword is covered with the blood of seven men, five of whom Arthur Dayne slew, one wounded, and then Arthur himself.

'Born beneath a bleeding star.'
Well we know that Dawn is a fallen star, reforged into a weapon. It's so sharp that it cuts Jaime's clothes when Dayne touches his shoulders with the side of it, during his knighting ceremony. It's pale, white, and unlike anything else ever seen before. It predates Valyria by ages, and is so important that House Dayne only let's "those who are worthy" carry it, effectively making them Sword of the Mornings.

Dawn is the ancestral greatsword of House Dayne, whose wielder is always given the title Sword of the Morning. Dawn is largely the reason for House Dayne's fame. Its origins are lost to legend, but it seems likely that the Daynes have carried it for thousands of years.[1] It is said to be made from metal forged from the heart of a fallen star.[2] The blade is as pale as milkglass, looking like no Valyrian blade, yet sharing all of the properties, being incredibly strong and sharp.[3][1] Unlike other houses who have ancestral swords, House Dayne does not pass its sword from lord to lord. Only a knight of House Dayne who is worthy can wield it.[1] The name of the Daynes' castle, Starfall, and their arms, featuring a white sword and falling star, both reference Dawn.

The last known user of the sword was Ser Arthur Dayne, who died at the Tower of Joy. After the fight, Eddard Stark rode to Starfall to deliver Dawn to Arthur's sister, Ashara Dayne.[4]

Metal forged from the heart of a fallen star.
Born beneath a bleeding star.

This effectively proves that Jon is at least part of the Prince that was Promised prophecy. Yet, the weapon itself gets no explanation and is on the screen for all of two seconds. It's just how the show rolls. They expect you to read up on the lore. I keep reading/hearing about people who think that Jon is Ned's baby via incest. Seriously, a number of fans who can't put two and two together and understand that Jon is a 'Stargaryen'. Thinking Jon is Ned's incestual baby via his sister. What. the. fuck?

Now before you say that any of this is wrong. They distinctly show Ned picking up Dayne's sword, killing him with it, bringing it upstairs (instead of his own weapon), drops it near the bed, and the camera is focused in on the sword, and not any of the million other things in the room. It was a confirmation.

Woolygimp

On a side note, the show seriously hates Greatswords. Dawn and Ice are both Greatswords, and Dawn is turned into a Bastard/Longsword. We never really see Ice in action.

This is because for one, it's probably really hard to film a good fight scene with a massive lumbering weapon. Instead they showed Dayne fight dual wielding, which is something that disgusted a lot of fans of the book. Dayne would never use another sword, and nobody fucking dual wielded in real life.
We were looking for something that Arthur Dayne could do that would exhibit almost superhuman prowess. While we tried, we could not achieve that using one sword.
Basically, we can't make one big sword look cool.

Secondly, Greatswords came into prominence when armor became so good that men could fight effectively without shields and be confident that they weren't going to die. Westerosi Knights are supposed to be in full plate, but like whatevs.

The worst diversion by D&D is Littlefinger. He's so fucking stupid on the show, and nothing like the books. In the books, he has Sansa eating out of his hand, and doesn't just hand her off to Ramsay Bolton.

Game of Thrones Littlefinger is a Genius in the Books, and an Absolute Idiot on the TV Show :: Books :: Features :: Paste

Lenas

Trump's Staff
On a side note, the show seriously hates Greatswords. Dawn and Ice are both Greatswords, and Dawn is turned into a Bastard/Longsword. We never really see Ice in action.
GRRM himself said Ned never used Ice in battle because greatswords are a pain in the ass.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Well we know that Dawn is a fallen star, reforged into a weapon. It's so sharp that it cuts Jaime's clothes when Dayne touches his shoulders with the side of it, during his knighting ceremony. It's pale, white, and unlike anything else ever seen before. It predates Valyria by ages, and is so important that House Dayne only let's "those who are worthy" carry it, effectively making them Sword of the Mornings.

This effectively proves that Jon is at least part of the Prince that was Promised prophecy.
Jon was also reborn under salt and smoke. Davos Seaworth (Salt) and Melissandra (Fire/Smoke) protected him as he came back to life and guided him as he was reborn. So given how he was born physically under the sword of morning's protection, as the sword of morning was killed (Bleeding), Jon fills every part of the prophecy.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Euron's "powers/artifacts" aren't introduced in any previous books, except for Dragonbinder. They're all from the upcoming Winds of Winter book which covers season seven.

I mean look how the show has handled Dawn. Television viewers are essentially expected to read the HBO website to get the massive amount of relevant information, with everything happening on screen being the highlights. This exists for a reason:

Game of Thrones Viewer's Guide

It's a massive website, with a ton of information, lore, maps, and so forth. Ask any television viewer (that hasn't thoroughly visited the viewer's guide) what a Sword of the Morning is, or Dawn, or where Starfall is located, or about any of the prophecies, and they'll know almost nothing.

The show shows this:

rrr_img_136373.jpg

It's on screen for about one and a half seconds. But this is how relevant it is to the story, and this is assuming that the damn thing isn't actually Lightbringer too (something else a TV viewer would know nothing about). Note that the sword is covered with the blood of seven men, five of whom Arthur Dayne slew, one wounded, and then Arthur himself.

Metal forged from the heart of a fallen star.
Born beneath a bleeding star.

This effectively proves that Jon is at least part of the Prince that was Promised prophecy. Yet, the weapon itself gets no explanation and is on the screen for all of two seconds. It's just how the show rolls. They expect you to read up on the lore. I keep reading/hearing about people who think that Jon is Ned's baby via incest. Seriously, a number of fans who can't put two and two together and understand that Jon is a 'Stargaryen'. Thinking Jon is Ned's incestual baby via his sister. What. the. fuck?

Now before you say that any of this is wrong. They distinctly show Ned picking up Dayne's sword, killing him with it, bringing it upstairs (instead of his own weapon), drops it near the bed, and the camera is focused in on the sword, and not any of the million other things in the room. It was a confirmation.
It's relevant to your story, and possibly the book story. We have no idea if it matters in the least in the television story. You want it to, but there is a distinct possibility that was nothing more than just fan service. Shows that habitually rely on a 1.5 second shot and tons of reading of a supporting website for their major plot points would, I feel, not do very well in the ratings category.

As I said, this could all come to pass, and you will get to triumphantly claim you were right all along, but you are completely glossing over how dumb the average television viewer is. All of this theorycrafting is so far beyond their ability to comprehend.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
It's relevant to your story, and possibly the book story. We have no idea if it matters in the least in the television story. You want it to, but there is a distinct possibility that was nothing more than just fan service. Shows that habitually rely on a 1.5 second shot and tons of reading of a supporting website for their major plot points would, I feel, not do very well in the ratings category.

As I said, this could all come to pass, and you will get to triumphantly claim you were right all along, but you are completely glossing over how dumb the average television viewer is. All of this theorycrafting is so far beyond their ability to comprehend.
Vvoid, you and Lyrical are on decent terms, are you sure you want to start a new round with the gimp?

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
What's this about "both Frey heirs" being dead? Didn't Walder have 20-some-odd true born male children?

Edit: In the books, anyway. I thought it was talked about in the show as well, him being on wife 7 or 8. Also he lined up all his daughters at one point for Roose to choose one, so I figure it's a fair assumption that there's just as many males.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Re-watching this series, and in season 1, when Job fights the WW in the Commanders Quarters, he grabs and lantern from Mormonts hand and throws it at the WW. He cries out in pain, and later has to have his hand bandaged from the burn. Guess hes def not fire-proof.

Also, found it interesting that Dany entered the piping hot bath, ignoring her handmaidens warning (in ep1, s1), as well as picked up the Dragon Egg from the fire in her Doth'raki tent and did not get burned or hurt either time. I forgot about both incidents and guess DnD were over-ruling GRRM's sentiment that Dany was not Fireproof right from the get-go. Looks like that was part of the plan all along.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jon was already born before Ned got up there with Dayne's sword. The Boltons had to end up with Sansa because introducing Jeyne Poole as a fake Arya would have been a colossal failure, viewers would not have cared what he did to her. Littlefinger isn't ruined, it's basically the first mistake he's made in the whole goddamn series. It seems likely that he and Sansa would have a falling out in the books too, if more books were ever going to be written.