GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Drogon. I am still planning on looking up what temperature would instantly ash people when direct hit but allow horses to run through unharmed minutes later. Obviously the residual fire is normal burning temp, but initially the burst from his mouth is enough to instant ash people but not melt hardened steel. I am shooting 1000-1500C then much less over time like a dot.
Dragon fire can't melt steel beams.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

Drogon. I am still planning on looking up what temperature would instantly ash people when direct hit but allow horses to run through unharmed minutes later. Obviously the residual fire is normal burning temp, but initially the burst from his mouth is enough to instant ash people but not melt hardened steel. I am shooting 1000-1500C then much less over time like a dot.

it would have to be near nuke like temps, 3800c, to ash a person
to cremate someone is like 1000c and that take more than an hour

magic fire

Oldbased

> Than U
Been a lot less nudity lately too. Just one more mark in the 'cons' column for the last few seasons.
Spartacus, Black Sails, lots others. Seems they cut nudity once the story has been developed.

I bet Scream can answer it.
Do they get extra pay for being nude per episode or do they initially agree to be naked X times in contract but after those contracts expire have more bargaining power about being nude or not.
Some actors don't seem to care while others are like I've only been naked in 5 movies and my tits viewed 40 million times, I don't want to be nude anymores.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The dragons can control the temperature perhaps. Fuck...we need Woolygimp in here to clear this up. RIP.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
it would have to be near nuke like temps, 3800c, to ash a person
to cremate someone is like 1000c and that take more than an hour

magic fire
Indeed magic fire but you see what I mean don't you. Everything it hits as it is breathing it is much much much hotter than the residual fire left behind where as "wildfire" appears to burn at a constant temperature until it is consumed then only things it caught on fire burn normally. Something in the dragon fire super hot.

Good chance I've already thought about it more than GRRM or any writer did.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
We might need to suspend disbelief on the temperature of vaporization of a person when we're talking about a biological animal the size of the 747 who can flap its wings and hover and breathe fire at will.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Spartacus had dicks, tits and merkins out at least bi-episode until the last few episodes.

GOT I really get, they have thrown some bones (ers, hur hur jkjk) out lately, but the compressed episodes do not yeild themselves really to random nudity if its not for "plots"

Oldbased

> Than U
We might need to suspend disbelief on the temperature of vaporization of a person when we're talking about a biological animal the size of the 747 who can flap its wings and hover and breathe fire at will.
Are you saying dragons never existed? It's possible however unlikely they did. Many prehistoric creatures were armored, and several types were massive and flying. The only thing lacking is the fire or other weather effect. Still we have found things as strange in existence on this planet and still discover more all the time.
Animals who can change skin colors, animals who see in predator mode, animals that can smell a drop of blood a mile away and on and on.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Are you saying dragons never existed? It's possible however unlikely they did. Many prehistoric creatures were armored, and several types were massive and flying. The only thing lacking is the fire or other weather effect. Still we have found things as strange in existence on this planet and still discover more all the time.
Animals who can change skin colors, animals who see in predator mode, animals that can smell a drop of blood a mile away and on and on.

What do you think the heaviest flying animal to ever live was?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This might be petty...

But I was kind of annoyed that the one goldcloak that was harassing Davos also played Ned Stark in that shitty play Arya was watching last season in Bravos.

that's actually a very good spot. Just another one of the random British actors this show will throw at you unexpectedly

Oldbased

> Than U
Probably Argentavis that we know of. There have been ones with wingspans of 30 feet or greater but light known. We are finding more all the time however. If it was a rare breed of bird it is very possible we haven't found a full fossil yet to know of it. As far as size goes, something with a 20-36 foot wingspan is massive in size but not always in weight. We know very little about much of what roamed this planet other than large land and herd creatures. We still don't know much at all of what is in the ocean.

Edit- Appears Quetzalcoatlus - Wikipedia is the heaviest we know of in the 500lb range. That realization has only come about in the past 20 years as well. Who knows what we will know in 100 more.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
my immersion was broken after that one guy gave the guards 15 gold each and after killing them he left the loot

i'd have recovered the gold, their weapons, armor, clothes and boots, and any (small) personal belongings, can't ever be sure

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
B9tDWI9.gif

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Probably Argentavis that we know of. There have been ones with wingspans of 30 feet or greater but light known. We are finding more all the time however. If it was a rare breed of bird it is very possible we haven't found a full fossil yet to know of it. As far as size goes, something with a 20-36 foot wingspan is massive in size but not always in weight. We know very little about much of what roamed this planet other than large land and herd creatures. We still don't know much at all of what is in the ocean.

Edit- Appears Quetzalcoatlus - Wikipedia is the heaviest we know of in the 500lb range. That realization has only come about in the past 20 years as well. Who knows what we will know in 100 more.

Unless some antigravity-tech animal is going to be discovered if they want to fly they have to be light, much less hover the way Drogon does. I mean, this is some autistic bullshit but Drogon is built like a humpback whale and looks longer/taller than one. He's not built like a bird at all. 30ft wingspan sure, Drogon probably has a 100+ft wingspan and is built like a wooly mammoth. He would weigh 50k+ lbs. I'm sure some nerd in here could calculate the required power output for an animal that size to hover.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Unless some antigravity-tech animal is going to be discovered if they want to fly they have to be light, much less hover the way Drogon does. I mean, this is some autistic bullshit but Drogon is built like a humpback whale and looks longer/taller than one. He's not built like a bird at all. 30ft wingspan sure, Drogon probably has a 100+ft wingspan and is built like a wooly mammoth. He would weigh 50k+ lbs. I'm sure some nerd in here could calculate the required power output for an animal that size to hover.
True but that varies in movies. The question was could dragons have existed not could Drogon exist in Game of Thrones. Shades coming out of mirrors don't exist either.
Do you know how the legends of dragons came about?
Back before people understood carbon dating and the planets long long past people were finding these massive fossil bones which had qualities of birds but much much larger. They couldn't explain it and without meat and bones assumed these things were not only massive but also full of muscle and fat. The bones were stone due to the aging and fossil process so it was assumed they had qualities of fire because how else would the bones be stone. All wrong mostly but it didn't stop the imagination and mind.

As for the weight part, yes we know physics now, but even 40 years ago we assumed these creatures I said above to be light, then they doubled the weight estimate, and again in the past 15 years from 200-300 to 400-550 lbs. What if we find another fossil of those types or a new one that in 10 years says 500-1000 lbs doubling again? How much would you say Drogon weighs? I'm not saying something as massive as he is now exists. I am saying it is possible something larger than we knew existed and what we know existed is already fucking terrifying when you think of it. My house is 26 feet front to back. Already something longer( wider in wing span ) than that lived and flew and they suggest it could fly 80mph for 10 days straight meaning it could travel 12000 miles in just over a week without rest. That is pretty nuts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Pterodactyl

Sorta. I had to look up the name because all I remembered is it started with Quez or whatever.

Quetzalcoatlus is it. Had a wing spawn of over 32 feet. Although there is still debate if they could actually fly in the normal sense vs. just glide/ride air currents or thermals.

Also, re: the other conversation people had going on, Drogon's fire didn't just insta-ash those soldiers. It insta-ashed their weapons, shields, and armor as well. Even with the Tarleys, there was literally just a flaming crater where they stood and dude was in full plate. Like people had said, you are getting into thermonuclear detonation temps.