GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else was as excited about that opening credits scene as I was? They really changed a lot, gave us a bunch of little hints/winks at things, too. Like, at one point when its zooming through King's Landing, it shows a giant crossbow that is pointing down a hallway to a Dragon head sculpture. Or, showing the path of the walkers as flat land between all the trees.
They've made small changes every episode previously, especially in terms of which cities we got shown, but this one gave us NEW sequences for existing cities. Going underground of winterfell, inside king's landing, etc..
Episode was solid overall, nothing really stood out as 'bad'. The dragon flight scene would have been fine in any other season, even good, but it feels like wasted time with so much story left to cover. I already know there's gonna be some small storylines that don't get wrapped up well by the end of this.

Also, I literally busted out laughing at the ending scene of Bran just staring down Jaime. Poor guy, rode all the way up here to help, let them know of Cersei's betrayal, then he's reminded of how shitty he really has been in the past. God I hope they don't actually put him in jail or something, the preview for next episode kinda pissed me off. Dany going off about the stories of him killing her dad, and how her and her brother used to talk about what they'd do to him.. Bitch, you've already admitted your father sucked and was crazy as fuck, don't act like you care now. I really think that part of the preview was meant as a misdirection.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Very good intro episode.

I feel super bad for Sam.
Arya and Gendry gonna get it on!
Definitely feel like Daenarys isn't going to take the news of Jon being the true heir very well.
Exceptionally excited for Jaime showing up to Winterfell.
Dragonriding scene felt very Disney.
Rescuing Yara felt a little too...easy?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The guy playing Euron still sucks colossal balls, and the dragon riding scene was pure cringe. Ok otherwise. Not like I'm not going to watch it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Also, I literally busted out laughing at the ending scene of Bran just staring down Jaime. Poor guy, rode all the way up here to help, let them know of Cersei's betrayal, then he's reminded of how shitty he really has been in the past. God I hope they don't actually put him in jail or something, the preview for next episode kinda pissed me off. Dany going off about the stories of him killing her dad, and how her and her brother used to talk about what they'd do to him.. Bitch, you've already admitted your father sucked and was crazy as fuck, don't act like you care now. I really think that part of the preview was meant as a misdirection.

It's going to be misdirection. Tyrion will vouch for him in the end and Brienne will push Sansa to forgive him too.

The one thing I think is more than meets the eye: Bronn's mission. "Here, take this crossbow and kill Tyrion". There has to be a trick or something to it. I don't believe for a second that Cersei would trust Bronn to take out Tyrion, especially after he brokered the meeting between Jamie and Tyrion last season. Qyburn probably poisoned it or hid some infectious disease in it. They just need Bronn to be the carrier and they know Tyrion would let him get close.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Is that runtime or uncut?

Last season they got pretty bad about padding the runtime. It felt like the episodes were clocking in closer to 40-45 minutes.

I do remember having this conversation before and the conclusion was the that final season is in total a significantly longer season.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Anyone else feel like they were beat over the head with the Tarly bullshit. I feel bad for Sam sure but goddamn they have been whining about it and foreshadowing it with Sir. Impsalot bitching at Dragonlady about how she shouldn’t have killed them. Would be baller as shit if Sam shanks a hoe with his family sword.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Both Rhaegar's first son and Jon were named Aegon. Which if you happen to read the Targaryen novel that came out recently, isn't unheard of.
The Targaryens are the George Foremans of Westeros.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Also if Jamie or Tyrion get killed by Bronn I am going to lose it.
Yeah, no fucking way Bronn kills them. I just don't see it.

Anyway, good intro episode. Was pretty cool to see several characters reunite after so long.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Also Sansa felt a bit cold to Tyrion after he protected her dumbass time and time and time again. He didn’t even pound her virgin snatch even though Tywin was demanding it. After the shit with Ramsey and Joffrey she would come to appreciate the little guy some.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Very good intro episode.

I feel super bad for Sam.
Arya and Gendry gonna get it on!
Definitely feel like Daenarys isn't going to take the news of Jon being the true heir very well.
Exceptionally excited for Jaime showing up to Winterfell.
Dragonriding scene felt very Disney.
Rescuing Yara felt a little too...easy?

hmm
I think dany will be ok with the news about Jon, sort of.. I think Jon will break the news to her while also proposing or something. Dunno how he'll feel about being semi-related to her. If he isn't cool with that (though the targs never seemed to care about this shit much), he'll still propose they are both king and queen in some way. If he was just like 'oh, btw, I'm a targ and the heir to the throne, gimme yo dragons and army bitch' then yea, she'd be pissed, but that's not in his character to do.

The most obvious dynamic will be that Jon and Dany are king/queen, but when Jon wants them to spend time in Winterfell, Tirion will rule as the Hand. When they are both in King's Landing, Sansa is Warden of the north. However, if we had more episodes left, I'd still be waiting for the conspiracy that Tirion is also a Targaryen to come true. It would fit the whole '3 headed dragon' theories that I read about. Jon, Dany and Tirion all being targaryens, ruling the kingdom together.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Also Sansa felt a bit cold to Tyrion after he protected her dumbass time and time and time again. He didn’t even pound her virgin snatch even though Tywin was demanding it. After the shit with Ramsey and Joffrey she would come to appreciate the little guy some.
Getting repeatedly raped by Ramsey "The Sausage Snatcher" Bolton kind of fucks a girl up.

• 1Worf

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I was really rooting for her to start to 'fall' for him now that she has some perspective on how nice he was in comparison to all the other shit heads she's been with. Still, I don't think she was all that mean to him, considering he's part of a foreign force that is effectively coming to take over her lands. Basically, there's still hope for our boy!

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea the storytelling aspect seems to have gone by the wayside in the past couple seasons. Just end this shit then already and move on to the start of whatever will be the next GoT cash cow for HBO.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else feel like they were beat over the head with the Tarly bullshit. I feel bad for Sam sure but goddamn they have been whining about it and foreshadowing it with Sir. Impsalot bitching at Dragonlady about how she shouldn’t have killed them. Would be baller as shit if Sam shanks a hoe with his family sword.

Felt this way too, but I realized tonight why I think -- Sam not backing Danny is probably going to be a major plot point

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
hmm
I think dany will be ok with the news about Jon, sort of.. I think Jon will break the news to her while also proposing or something. Dunno how he'll feel about being semi-related to her. If he isn't cool with that (though the targs never seemed to care about this shit much), he'll still propose they are both king and queen in some way. If he was just like 'oh, btw, I'm a targ and the heir to the throne, gimme yo dragons and army bitch' then yea, she'd be pissed, but that's not in his character to do.

The most obvious dynamic will be that Jon and Dany are king/queen, but when Jon wants them to spend time in Winterfell, Tirion will rule as the Hand. When they are both in King's Landing, Sansa is Warden of the north. However, if we had more episodes left, I'd still be waiting for the conspiracy that Tirion is also a Targaryen to come true. It would fit the whole '3 headed dragon' theories that I read about. Jon, Dany and Tirion all being targaryens, ruling the kingdom together.

I guess it'll depend on how much she trusts/loves this guy over her conquest. I don't think the incest will be much of an issue for Daenarys(she's probably just happy she has family at least lol), but for Jon, a man of great honour... maybe will be a boner killer for him.

Definitely hoping Tyrion is a 3rd Targaryen...but unlikely as I don't think there's enough time to cram that arc in the last 5 episodes.