GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is well established at this point that
4ajGKVZl.jpg

but is there really a common fantasy system where "anti undead" stuff only works on specific types of undead? Mountain is undead for all I care, and Sandor has a dragonglass battlehammer, right?

Cgyfc5E.jpg

So this is foreshadowing. I know who'd win

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It is well established at this point that
4ajGKVZl.jpg

but is there really a common fantasy system where "anti undead" stuff only works on specific types of undead? Mountain is undead for all I care, and Sandor has a dragonglass battlehammer, right?

Cgyfc5E.jpg

So this is foreshadowing. I know who'd win
yeah, he's gonna need that or the Fiery Avenger, if Cleganebowl really happens, prepare yourself for the possibility Sandor may not survive the next episode. or he dies and gets the Beric rez.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I just re-watched last weeks episode:

The word Crypt is said 9 times.

Often with the term 'safety' or 'safer in' used to imply how that's such a good place to shelter the non-combatants / and Tyrion.

Hmmm.
The crypt should just have bones in there though, in the books at least they mention Ned Stark's corpse being boiled down to bones and that's what they buried.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Benjen didn't turn to a full white walker or whatever so there's no guarantee that the NK can fully control the Starks, which might mean the crypt is leading to something different. The Starks tracing their history back to the first men, "there must always be a Stark in Winterfell" and them being tied to constructing the wall, all probably indicates they have a connection to the NK (maybe he's a Stark)

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've never read the books and therefore never heard the name Robert Strong before. By definition that does not make it a retcon in the TV show world. Robert Strong isn't even a thing in the TV show world. You're forcing that in because you've read the books. That name has never even been established. You can't retcon something that was never established.

There was no need to since we saw Qyburn make The Mountain into something else and, "heal" him explicitly. Robert Strong was just a ruse to hide that because the use of black magic and shit is extremely frowned upon in Westeros even by those who know it exists. In the book world anyway.

But it is obvious because the other Kingsguard notice that Robert Strong never takes off his armor, or eats, or shits, or sleeps... so they avoid him out of a natural and understandable fear.

• 1Like

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
it doesnt have to be in the heat of battle, it could be after, when Jaime or Tyrion is on a slab. this battle is just a warmup to the finale. i think the WWs get no further than Winterfell and the survivors all band together against Cersei at KL. they already hinted that if NK is killed the other WW will just collapse. this show is called Game of Thrones, there is still game left to play. not gonna be much story left if Dany or Jon die. they need their army too to get down and breach KL. or a certain girl with a kill list who knows the secret way in and out of KL finishes Cersei when she thinks victory is at hand.
Ok, while I've only briefly skimmed the rest of this thread from p1636 to the end and may have missed it, there doesnt seem to be a mention of a rather interesting theory which solves a fair number of problems, including the time factor of the idea of Arya faceless-manning herself into the undead army, which I've shamelessly stolen from Mashable to post here and pretend its all my own work. It is as follows-

There is a major battle at Winterfell. Not that many major characters die. The good guys win. The undead army is devastated. There is much rejoicing, but Bran is uneasy because the Night King does not seem to have appeared. And in the midsts of celebration Bronn arrives, bearing news...

The Night King surviveD. Because he wasnt AT Winterfell. He took a portion of his forces swollen from the march south, and bypassed Winterfell to go hit Kings Landing by surprise, leaving most of his original army to seige or attack Winterfell as a distraction.

He wants to erase the history of man. All the major places have to fall, including Kings Landing and the Citadel. His army crossed the Wall with 100k or so. Danaerys has 100k dothraki alone, plus the unsullied and all the other factions troops, plus 2 dragons, all prepared behind stone walls they cant just pull down like they did the cheap wooden palisade, and loaded up with dragonglass. Thats a massive and very risky fight. Even more-so since the defenders will be targeting the Walkers. As we've seen, the walkers have their own groups of wights- targeting the walkers at Winterfell will pay handsome dividends for weakening that army and bringing victory regardless of the NK. Why attack Winterfell now, if instead you can go hit Kings Landing and maybe the Citadel too, and then come back for Winterfell after? Kings Landing is a city of a million people we're told, and no idea about the Citadel and nearby cities. He could come back with a million more wights, and thats a fight he could win, even against a prepared army. That wraps up Cersei in a surprise twist, explains previous seasons visions of a burned-out throneroom in KL, and why theres only 1 dragon shadow passing over KL in the visions and not 2, and perhaps extra significance to the books Sam removed from the Citadel which may be the only ones to survive. That gives Arya time to develop a wight face for use against the NK when that confrontation finally happens. It also means Bronn is on the road between KL and Winterfell in position to either see the NK fly over on his dragon or see the attack on KL and report it to Winterfell. If youre a writer you could have a buttload of fun having the Winterfell battle, having the survivors celebrate their victory, yay yay we get to live, and then Bronn arrives with the news that theyre now fucked x10.

So, could be complete balls of course, but its a good twist, it explains the visions, it explains Arya's recent actions, it explains why the NK hasnt been in any of the promos, it gives the issue of Danaerys and Aegon time to resolve, etc. It even gives time for the Red Priestesses to make themselves useful one (more?) time.

Here's a link to the bastards wot plagiarised me shamelessly!
Why the Night King won't be at the Battle of Winterfell on 'Game of Thrones'

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The night king showing up anywhere but winterfell is entirely against his character and probably against logic. What gives him the strategic knowledge to know where to strike? Sure it's likely he has access to the memories of the dead, but a plan to strike king's landing would basically give him to the viewer's knowledge. It makes no sense in their world, only to a viewer who is watching the show.

My guess is there's a battle at winterfell and they lose the battle, but a lot of important characters escape through 'seeeecret super exit' in the crypts. Thank goodness for that planning that they forgot about with the whole siege of winterfell. (Whoops). This is what I'd write if I were a retard making fan service, and I'm pretty sure this show is written by retards making fan service now.

Pretty sure this is the helm's deep of cinematic(tm) game of thrones. Eventually they'll find a way to stop the mcguffin hive queen, but only after they unite the lands of men or something.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
At this point we're ok with teleporting boats made out of two day old force-grown lumber, so the night king teleporting an army to kings landing unnoticed is fine I guess.

I think it's a little too M. Knight of a plot twist but who knows.

It would fit the four episodes snugly. Win Winterfell and end with "guise, there's even more zombies in the south now". Timeskip back an episode to show the slaughter of Kings Landing. Have an episode to somehow resolve how bran and ayra magicing down the night king, finally averting the threat, and then end with the political resolution. It does fit more betterer. Everyone gets their heroic moment.

Really, it's a show about family.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Nah. Night King ends tonight. But winter fell will fall.

Next episode is them regrouping In the iron islands with no way to fight off Cersei’s army.

2nd to last episode shenanigans happen which result in the defeat of Cersei and her death.

Final episode is Dany and John figuring out who will sit on the throne, plus wrap up “what happens now”. Dany is pregnant and Jon will have died with honor, perhaps by her hand, but will teach her not to be the mad king and she will rule as Jon would have.

Final shot is 150 years in the future. Kong’s Landing is vibrant and full of people, and a bunch of dragons are flying around the city as the Targs dynasty has been rebuilt.

Mark it.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The night king showing up anywhere but winterfell is entirely against his character and probably against logic. What gives him the strategic knowledge to know where to strike? Sure it's likely he has access to the memories of the dead, but a plan to strike king's landing would basically give him to the viewer's knowledge. It makes no sense in their world, only to a viewer who is watching the show.

My guess is there's a battle at winterfell and they lose the battle, but a lot of important characters escape through 'seeeecret super exit' in the crypts. Thank goodness for that planning that they forgot about with the whole siege of winterfell. (Whoops). This is what I'd write if I were a retard making fan service, and I'm pretty sure this show is written by retards making fan service now.

Pretty sure this is the helm's deep of cinematic(tm) game of thrones. Eventually they'll find a way to stop the mcguffin hive queen, but only after they unite the lands of men or something.
The knowledge of the dead includes a fuckload of Night Watch who know in KL they completely disregard the threat from beyond the wall. He's also absorbed the knowledge that Winterfell is defended by two dragons and KL by zero dragons

• 1Like

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
The knowledge of the dead includes a fuckload of Night Watch who know in KL they completely disregard the threat from beyond the wall. He's also absorbed the knowledge that Winterfell is defended by two dragons and KL by zero dragons
And from the Umber kid he knows pretty much the entire human army is in Winterfell. The wights are all very well and good, but theyre mindless swarmers with very little mass to them compared to living people. All of the older dead are half the weight of a living person or less- a wall of horses charging into them could make a credible attempt at duplicating the Rohirim charge.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It seems to me there is a lot of foreshadowing that Sandor will kill the mountain with fire. Thoros died because Sandor froze and I think that will be the last time he fails because of that fear.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
isnt NK like the 3 eyed raven an
I would probably put money on there not being a “cleganebowl”.
it could be something as simple as UnMountain getting petted by NK and crushing Cersei like a bug, though i think they let Sandor live this long already, so i think his arc could bring him to KL for one last fight with his brother. the series started with their fight, it would make sense for it to close out the same way. i still think Arya is going to be the one to kill her.

• 1Like