GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
The Night King.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He (Rhaegal? whichever one Jon was riding) was badly wounded by the undead dagron but i think if it had been fatally it would have been a lot more dramatic.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I said Sam would be the first to die. He lived! Now we have someone to cry during the battle for Knight's Landing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The only way this ending to the NK will sit well with me is if a new NK takes his place (Bran?!). And it's implied that a new undead army will be formed over the next 1000s of years.

I really didn't expect Bran to survive this episode and have no idea how his story will end now. But imo it's going to give us the final conclusion to the NK/undead somehow.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
We will find out that there must always be a NK. Danny takes the iron throne, Jon becomes the new NK.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm just really pissed off, NK should have died to either Jon or Dany, the whole chilling out in the Godswood with Bran was the most Rian Johnson thing they could have done. everyone should have been killed when the NK cast mass rez, nobody should have survived this, which is why he needed to be killed before that could happen or very soon afterward. unbelievable. and no, there should not be enough for any kind of forces to go to KL. its over. everyone acted like dumfucks. at one point after the storm got summoned, Jon and his dragon was perched on the castle wall, this is where he should have stayed til NK showed up so he could protect the castle with dragon fire while he could.

• 5Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
We will find out that there must always be a NK. Danny takes the iron throne, Jon becomes the new NK.
Nostalgia post from 2018? Keep hope alive, I guess.
I'm just really pissed off, NK should have died to either Jon or Dany, the whole chilling out in the Godswood with Bran was the most Rian Johnson thing they could have done. everyone should have been killed when the NK cast mass rez, nobody should have survived this, which is why he needed to be killed before that could happen or very soon afterward. unbelievable. and no, there should not be enough for any kind of forces to go to KL. its over. everyone acted like dumfucks. at one point after the storm got summoned, Jon and his dragon was perched on the castle wall, this is where he should have stayed til NK showed up so he could protect the castle with dragon fire while he could.
I get the frustration with the strategic plan; but in one respect, the Dothraki don't exactly have a prime use in a battle like this; they are fast attack close combat cavalry that use fear and mobility against human armies; when do you use them against fearless zombie hordes? The whole plan (and the episode really) though seemed muddled and not very clear; not much use of the siege weapons, no burning pitch from the walls, nothing seeming to take down the super large number of enemies they knew they were going to be facing.

I thought Jon and Dany were going to do more Dance of Dragons with the Night King or attempts to kill the White Walkers (which is what the Dothraki should have been doing after the hordes moved in) but they were mostly useless once the storm started. When using the dragons, I can see how dragons could kill 60,000 men in a single day ala Harrenhal but then they just stopped. The living seemed to have no plan once they lit the trench other than arrows? It Plus it seems like Miguel Sapochnik's episodes all start out of big battles and degenerate into horror movies ala end of BoB or almost all of this one. I loved Hardhome and most of BoB but this was too much. I mean, its not enjoyable to watch them (as much as you can watch the super dark episode where its really hard to tell the living from the fast moving weapon wielding wights) lose badly for (what felt like) 70 of the 82-something minutes.

Arya with the Cat's Paw in the God's Wood does seem out of left field other than than the long-ago eyes going to shut prophecy but I am sure there are more clues if people go back and look. I wonder if this is the third big twist GRRM talked about.

Rhaegal survived. He's shown in the preview clear as day unlike Ghost.
Two dragons are flying around in the preview, at least one with visible holes in one wing, along with Ghost standing in the formation for the funeral pyre, as indicated above.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I assume because bran was touched that will lead to bran becoming the NK to protect the far north and the children of the forest. As the NK did before.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Why would there always need to be a night king? It’s not like there’s has always been a night king before.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Arya should have been in the tree branches and death from aboved rather than random "from behind"

• 2Like

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm sure the book will have more detail and back story, but considering GRRM said the show will have essentially the same ending...I think people need to accept the White Walkers were never going to be the final boss.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Why would there always need to be a night king? It’s not like there’s has always been a night king before.
The fuck? Why do we need logic in this show? Now that NK has been created, there must always be one. Ez.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I lol if those ravens went to gather a children of the Forrest army and they win the Iron throne

• 1Like