GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Myrcella is also missing an ear and part of her face in the books.
BaggyBitesizedCapeghostfrog-small.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Oh I didn't need Jon to land the killing blow. In fact I rather enjoyed Arya and the way she did it. However, I was bummed he didn't get a few licks in with his sword.
Jon too busy playing Dark Souls on Ultra Hardcore

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I didnt have much of an issue with the darkness (Nvidea Shield and HBO Go), but anyways, memes:

8SmuNYE.jpg
This is exactly how I watched as well(Shield TV & HBO Go) and it looked fine. It was dark, but I had no issues making out anything. I'm guessing this is one of the best ways to watch HBO as their image quality seems to be shit on most other formats.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Having slept over it, I have to commend them for a few things done well. For example snuffing Baby Mormont, that was the perfect time. We all know how fast kid characters can become 104% annoying and I think Lyanna was reaching that peak during the episode and we would have started to resent her in ep4 onwards. They got the perfect amount of value out of her and even got a solid death scene.

my only regret when it comes to screaming kid with dagger is that she didn't get killed again after she got raised

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is exactly how I watched as well(Shield TV & HBO Go) and it looked fine. It was dark, but I had no issues making out anything. I'm guessing this is one of the best ways to watch HBO as their image quality seems to be shit on most other formats.
OR MAYBE, everyone is just torrenting that one shitty quality torrent and complaining.

it's like when Batman arkham had that one torrent only bug where you couldn't complete the mission and everyone complaining about it were outted as torrenters.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
OR MAYBE, everyone is just torrenting that one shitty quality torrent and complaining.
Most of the people I know in real life were bitching as well, and they watched it just on Comcast HBO or U-verse HBO, both of which have shitty, compressed "1080p".

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Most of the people I know in real life were bitching as well, and they watched it just on Comcast HBO or U-verse HBO, both of which have shitty, compressed "1080p".
thats probably where the origin torrent came from, so you're saying hbo go has higher res and just ol basic cable hbo delivers compressed hd?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
thats probably where the origin torrent came from, so you're saying hbo go has higher res and just ol basic cable hbo delivers compressed hd?
I'm not sure if HBO Go has a higher res. I don't think any HBO source streams 4k, but I think it definitely has a higher quality/bitrate than the shit Xfinity and ATT pump out.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm not sure if HBO Go has a higher res. I don't think any HBO source streams 4k, but I think it definitely has a higher quality/bitrate than the shit Xfinity and ATT pump out.
i mean, the highest seeded torrents on public trackers are all 720p source, gonna go see the amazon 1080p source and see

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
i mean, the highest seeded torrents on public trackers are all 720p source, gonna go see the amazon 1080p source and see
720p. These people disgust me.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Oh I didn't need Jon to land the killing blow. In fact I rather enjoyed Arya and the way she did it. However, I was bummed he didn't get a few licks in with his sword.

They could have done him like Stringer Bell.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If GRRM still gave a fuck about the story, he'd have been working on the books.

Guy is fat, old and rich, the show is loads more popular then the books will ever be, hard to blame him for no longer caring.

Pretty much this. Old george is rolling in fame and money now why bother slaving away working on novels just go on trips and have fun.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
this is the majority of the public trackers
34df4e54c44973cc3ee9f28b4e059cf4.png

yes that is correct, the first one doesn't have "HD" icon, it is SD with 10k seeds over 3x as much as the 1080amazon

I don't even know what I got. I really just click a random link.

Just checked, I downloaded game.of.thrones.s08e03.1080p.web.h264-memento

Whatever that is.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm sure there were a good portion of pirates that got fucked and couldn't see shit because they went with 720 or even 480 (do you not have phones?), instead of waiting the 3 or 4+ hours to get a 1080. It may also pass through more compression if those pirates are streaming the file from their computer to TV.

There are also people here saying they watched on Amazon, which purportedly has the best compression/codec, and it was still too dark to make out what was happening. Which goes back to everyone's TV, room, and streaming set up.

The internet says that HBO only broadcasts up to 1080, the show is shot in 2k, and that they send Amazon a higher quality master (but gets distributed as 1080). So, even if you are watching 1080, when it's on a 60+ inch TV, your going to have a bad time (with this dark episode). Additionally Apple TV 4k boxes may do something extra (not in a good way) to a 1080 stream when hooked to a 4k TV (reported somewhere in the following Reddit thread), but I dont know (or care) enough to figure it out.

Source:

Last edited:

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched the show on cable TV (which I'd consider to be the default medium for HBO TV shows) and it was way too dark. I turned the TV up so much it washed out the picture and could still barely see who was who at times. They are just covering their asses and trying to deflect blame away from themselves.

The story is entirely too complex and has too many protagonists to ever bring to a satisfactory ending, which is why I think GRRM is either stuck or has just given up. Think he was already stuck after Geoffrey's death which is why we got a whole bunch of new characters and Brienne/Tyrion side track chapters in the next books. He could probably still do a lot better than what we got on the show though but there are just too many threads to ever tie up.