GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've not seen anything beyond the first 15min to the first episode and I could name 85 % of the characters showed so far.

Just makes me want to start watching even more....
Uh...what are you waiting for?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
LOL at "books to be done". See you in 2025, assuming Gurrm doesn't die over a trough of deep fried butter.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The books to be done/free time to watch TV...
Well free time is one thing, but if you're waiting for the books to be done, you'll be watching this in SUPER-HD 3D on your eye-implant display.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I can't believe I missed Oona Chaplin was Rob's wife, she was crackerjack in The Hour but I hadn't put them together until the picture on the previous page.

GoT really has hoovered up some of the best british tv talent.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Ciaran Hinds will KILL as Mance Rayder. 4 months from now folks who are saying he's not right for the role will be demanding an emmy for him.

Cybsled

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/28/ga...-country-bear/

Looks like the bear scene(s) will be in the show
wink.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just caught up on this thread and saw those pics of the characters. Man I want to watch the season, each character is amazing.

Sophie Turner (Sansa) is really turning out to be a gorgeous princess character-type. The other characters in her circle have nothing on her in that realm. If the actress went south as an adult her character might have been ruined, lol. But who fucking knows what's going to happen to her. All the characters have a reasonable path to follow but her future is totally up in the air to me.

Peter Dinklage really has the intense/piercing/cunning gaze perfected.

And Rose Leslie is such a perfect red-headed barbarian that it's depressing knowing what happens to her. Kit Harington and the directors for the show really needs to step up their game to make Snow more likable to make her death worth it.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
I wish they'd make Kit Harrington shave that pube-beard he has going on. I get it, its supposed to be cold and the dudes grow their shit out ( I do too), but cmon. Hearing him emo out about being a bastard and how nobody understands is only further enhanced by the presence of his wimpy teenage facial hair. Maybe thats the point. This is season three though, so his story is going to pick up. I'm sure I'll forget all about it when I'm busy fapping to seeing giants walking around and riding on mammoths.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Her death is one of the defining moments for Jon's character. It solidifies his relationship with the Watch and forces him to really take in what he learned about the wildlings and their way of life. Which leads to him getting knifed, ultimately.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Her death is one of the defining moments for Jon's character. It solidifies his relationship with the Watch and forces him to really take in what he learned about the wildlings and their way of life. Which leads to him getting knifed, ultimately.
Agree 100%. I just feel like as far as the show is concerned if they don't improve the presentation of Jon's character the whole thing will be a waste.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my only critique of ygrette is I imagined her hair as a brighter shade of red. Ya know, like it was "touched by fire". And they definitely need to step up jon snow's character. Maybe not fully as we are just beginning to realize how important he is to become, but we need to see hes not the clumsy buffoon he has been.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
To bolster whats being said about jon snow. One of my biggest dislikes about the harry potter movies is that throughout the series harry was supposed to be "the chosen one" yet all his deeds seemed to come by dumb luck. His character had very little growth. This was also the case in the novels, but a good director should have changed that shit to allow harry to become more mature and a more competent wizard. In jon snow's case he has growth in the books so tjey better get that shit right in the tv show. They already fucked up with jon and ygrette's capture/escape

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the idea of the Jon Snow TV character becoming leader of the Watch soon is laughable right now. BUT he really doesn't start growing by leaps and bounds until he gets back to the wall and gets thrust in to somewhat of a leadership position so I'm not too concerned. They did a decent job with his initial little bit of maturation as he embraces the other recruits and shit, this should be similar to that just writ large.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah not sure what more you could want in red hair.
Rose+Leslie+Anna+Karenina+MPRC+5.jpg
QUOTE]there looks fine, no problems with that. those behind the scenes with her looked kinda washed out. made her hair look brownish red, which is not "touched by fire" if it looks like the above photo in the show. no probs then.