GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
So whats the deal with the Purple Wedding?

What happens?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know, the reactions would have been epic!
lol

"Im gonna to stick a dagger in your eye one day"

"Whack"

The Hound takes another bite of pig's feet as the camera pans to the ground to see the shocked expression of a headless Arya.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Honestly, the most surprising thing for me last night (since I knew the Red Wedding was coming and figured Talisa + baby were goners) was the death of Orell. It's been a while since I've read the books, but doesn't he died sometime after the battle for the wall? Did he do anything noteworthy between the events of last nights episode and his death in the books?

Also, if Oona Chaplin really was the person complaining about having to do nudity in future episodes...lol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On Facebook there's an advertisement for a Q&A with Catelynn Stark or something, DO NOT CLICK ON THE COMMENTS. Fuck, I just had some serious shit spoiled.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So whats the deal with the Purple Wedding?

What happens?
joff chokes to death on a magic jewel that is amythest so some dipshit decided he would make an attempt (a failing attempt mind) at being witty and stealing the Red Wedding moniker, made up by Martin to describe the event, in the novels, by the characters themselves, and change it to purple.

Its not witty. Its irritating as shit, in my humble opinion. Just a small nuisance but I"m starting to see it everywhere, and this is the one place I really expect people would be slightly higher intellect and refuse to use it out of a basic sense of personal decency and self respect, at least.

The Purple Wedding has been used since long before Reddit was even created.
I'm pretty sure that it is verifiably traced back to beginning on Reddit's Game of Thrones subreddit...

I don't recall it ever being used until the past year or two when Reddit became too popular for its own good. So either created there, or popularized there, its still hyper fucking dumb, and proof that the moron that came up with it is unimaginative as all hell.

If I could find the guy who came up with it, I'd gladly beat him into a coma with a bamboo cane.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Orelll is the Wildling Jon Snow kills at the watch fire, before stealing Ygritte. Varamir Six Skins is the Warg who dies after the battle with Stannis. His death is the prologue in ADWD.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It makes me wonder if they acted on their own or if a Lannister is truly behind this. Seems like a dishonorable act to kill the leader of an army in such a way.
Why do you think Bolton said "The Lannisters send their regards" right before he killed Robb? They're obviously in cahoots.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Why do you think Bolton said "The Lannisters send their regards" right before he killed Robb? They're obviously in cahoots.
Yeah, I caught that. But I mean I guess I'm wondering who set them up for that? I'm also wondering if they're trying to get in with the Lannisters and this was their way of trying to pull it off. I have no idea.

That was fantastic and downright depressing , and why hasnt there been anything on the Walkers besides the killing of one. Where the hell did that large army go to , nothing was hinted at in the preview on next weeks show. The fuck , that shit got me fired up last season and this whole season they are shown only what once? The hell.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, the most surprising thing for me last night (since I knew the Red Wedding was coming and figured Talisa + baby were goners) was the death of Orell. It's been a while since I've read the books, but doesn't he died sometime after the battle for the wall? Did he do anything noteworthy between the events of last nights episode and his death in the books?
I think you are thinking of the other skinchanger Sixskins.

Robb getting killed in the books reminded me of some of the character deaths in The Malazan series. =(

Fedor

<Banned>
I'm pretty sure that it is verifiably traced back to beginning on Reddit's Game of Thrones subreddit...

I don't recall it ever being used until the past year or two when Reddit became too popular for its own good. So either created there, or popularized there, its still hyper fucking dumb, and proof that the moron that came up with it is unimaginative as all hell.

If I could find the guy who came up with it, I'd gladly beat him into a coma with a bamboo cane.
The asoiaf subreddit predates the gameofthrones subreddit and they're both less than 4 years old.

The Purple Wedding started on westeros.org

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...rs-best-death/

This is the same shit as when people suddenly started calling me out for reposting from reddit starting last year when I've been reposting from reddit since the account I had before Fedor. That one got banned during the whole Millie situation.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think you are thinking of the other skinchanger Sixskins.

Robb getting killed in the books reminded me of some of the character deaths in The Malazan series. =(
Ah you're right, thanks. I had a little Astrocreep moment there!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Fedor, you just killed my faith in humanity. I'm sure you're used to hearing that by now, but really. I mean it.

Its still a shitty, unimaginative term for the event.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ah hahahaha

and this is why this book series is one of the best ever.

That was fantastic and downright depressing , and why hasnt there been anything on the Walkers besides the killing of one. Where the hell did that large army go to , nothing was hinted at in the preview on next weeks show. The fuck , that shit got me fired up last season and this whole season they are shown only what once? The hell.
Do you mean Mance's large army? They're waiting for the recon group to open the gate to the wall. The group Jon and Egritt were apart of.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
And while everyone is busy hating the Lannisters, Littlefinger quite nearly laughs himself to death.

They should do that reveal soon, because it is so delicious to find out that the Lannisters were being manipulated from the start just as the Starks were and the entire conflict between them was manufactured by one smarmy little twerp.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you mean Mance's large army? They're waiting for the recon group to open the gate to the wall. The group Jon and Egritt were apart of.
Think he meant the "army" of Wights and Others that stormed the Fist of the First Men. Huge group shown at the end of last season.

game-of-thrones-finale-white-walkers-army.png

game-of-thrones-finale-white-walkers-army.png