GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

khalid

Unelected Mod
Martin just doesn't love prophecies that end up not getting fulfilled, he also loves the idea of a prophecy's being vague enough such that they end up getting "fulfilled" multiple times or in all kinds of ways.

sole

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I don't think Benjen is Coldhands, I'm not sure if GRRM confirmed it but it's implied. What could work though is Benjen being an emissary for Bran to Jon, letting him know of his warging abilities. Other than that I really don't know but I can't wait until tomorrow.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Martin just doesn't love prophecies that end up not getting fulfilled, he also loves the idea of a prophecy's being vague enough such that they end up getting "fulfilled" multiple times or in all kinds of ways.
Which is why it's totally possible that Tommen and Myrcella will live long and happy lives when Cersei predeceases them. Screw you Maggy!

*edit*

Heh, was randomly browsing around the wiki for the books and found the woman Cersei was lezzing out with.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Maybe Ghost saw what happened to Benjin during his wanderings north of The Wall; saw his body, sees him on foot, or watches him die. Jon simply finds this out in Ghosts memories when he wargs.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe Ghost saw what happened to Benjin during his wanderings north of The Wall; saw his body, sees him on foot, or watches him die. Jon simply finds this out in Ghosts memories when he wargs.
That would probably be spoiling the fact that Jon gets brought back from being killed though. Unless that information is of particular importance to the viewer even if Jon finishes dying and takes it to the grave with him, revealing critical information as he lays dying generally serves no purposes in advancing the story. It's the same reason why it makes no sense for Varys to be lying when he talks to Kevan Lannister about Aegon, Kevan is dying so lying serves absolutely no purpose. Varys is addressing the reader, not Kevan. Now if we get some sort of similar reveal that is particularly important to the rest of the story (like the authenticity of Aegon's parentage), it wouldn't necessarily spoil the (presumed) fact that Melisandre will bring Jon back.

I just can't think anything Ghost would have seen Benjen doing could be that important. I think it's more likely that Benjen comes back as some sort of ninja wight and he's the one who kills Jon, not the midget crow who has been giving him stinkeye all season. I don't think that's particularly likely either though.

Royal

I think I've figured it out ...

The "Previously On" includes the part where Stannis tells Davos to ride for Castle Black requesting food, supplies, and fresh horses.

Jon sends him Uncle Benjin's horse.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think I've figured it out ...

The "Previously On" includes the part where Stannis tells Davos to ride for Castle Black requesting food, supplies, and fresh horses.

Jon sends him Uncle Benjin's horse.
One horse and a cart full of
Uncle-Ben-s-reg;-Rice-Pilaf.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't get why people think that Stannis is a great leader. He starts off by killing family members, then loses most of his bannermen to party-time Renly, kills more relatives, loses battles, pouts in grey castles, does what Melisandre tells him, pouts some more, does what Davos tells him instead, leads his army into a snow drift that he can't escape from without killing more family members, etc. Aside from his surprise attack on the wildlings he has not been successful at anything but losing battles, murdering his relatives, and being Melisandre's bitch.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Well he'd have totally won the battle of blackwater if not for Tyrion's defenses. I've never been a big fan of Stannis though. He's just too unyielding. He'd make a terrible king. Robert wasted money, but the lords were loyal to him, and that's the principal responsibility of the king. Tywin, Tyrion, and Jon are the only ones fit for rule.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
He's a terrible person sure. But still the only one who understands that the Others are the only enemy that truly matters and that it is the duty of the King to protect the realm from this threat. At all costs. Stannis is NOT the kind of dude you want to be on the Iron Throne for 30 years. But in a do or die situation. He is the One True King with the mettle to survive such a thing.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Well he'd have totally won the battle of blackwater if not for Tyrion's defenses.
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure every losing commander in history can say "Well I would have won if not for their defenses."

The no spoilers thread is getting close to the R + L = J theory. Probably some amount of nostradouching involved but it's interesting to read.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Nothing in the show has suggested that theory right?

GoT, SV, and Veeo finale good lord

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nothing in the show has suggested that theory right?

GoT, SV, and Veeo finale good lord
Like I said before, I've had people who haven't read the books tell me they think that, and while some of them may have picked it up from book readers, there is at least one whom I think didn't. That scene where they take the time to have Baelish and Sansa talk about Lyanna and Rhaegar tripped a lot of flags for people who haven't read the books.

Nothing in the books really 'suggests' R+L=J, it just has more circumstantial evidence than the other theories, and makes more sense from a narrative standpoint than all the other theories.

Jon Snow/Theories - A Wiki of Ice and Fire - A Song of Ice and Fire Game of Thrones

Royal

Well he'd have totally won the battle of blackwater if not for Tyrion's defenses.
You disappoint the Lord of Light. He'd have totally won had he not heeded the Onion Knight and left Melisandre behind.

MAKE READY THE PYRE FOR THE UNBELIEVER !!!