GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

HUH_sl

shitlord
More casting calls for season 6.
More characters being cast for Game of Thrones Season 6! | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary

Legendary Fighter: A man in his thirties or forties who is a great swordsman and a paragon of knighthood. He carries a famous sword. The show is seeking a very impressive swordsman for the role- the best in Europe, for a week of filming fight scenes for a season 6 role. His ethnicity/race isn?t specified, unlike many other roles.

Could be Arthur Dayne, meaning we would be getting a Tower of Joy flashback.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That description doesn't fit anyone in the books other than Arthur Dayne. The only other person that even comes close to fitting that description is Barristan Selmy, who is too old, didn't carry a famous sword, and oh yeah too dead. 'Paragons of Knighthood' are probably the least common thing to occur anywhere in Martin's writing. It has to be a Tower of Joy flashback which all but confirms L+R=J

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Maybe Jon is going to see the flashback visions himself while he's dead.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
That description doesn't fit anyone in the books other than Arthur Dayne. The only other person that even comes close to fitting that description is Barristan Selmy, who is too old, didn't carry a famous sword, and oh yeah too dead. 'Paragons of Knighthood' are probably the least common thing to occur anywhere in Martin's writing. It has to be a Tower of Joy flashback which all but confirms L+R=J
Why couldn't it be Rhaegar? The famous sword thing makes me think Arthur Dayne, but aside from the Tower of Joy thing, he's kind of a nobody isn't he? If it's Rhaegar they could show the battle of the Trident, the scenes with Lyanna, and the Elia scenes to set up why Dorne is doing what its doing; and also the lead up to the Tower of Joy.

If it's Arthur Dayne, they can only show the Tower of Joy.

Nevermind, they are saying 30's or 40's, I don't think Rhaegar was that old. Must be Arthur Dayne.

Xevy

Log Wizard
More casting calls for season 6.
More characters being cast for Game of Thrones Season 6! | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary

Legendary Fighter: A man in his thirties or forties who is a great swordsman and a paragon of knighthood. He carries a famous sword. The show is seeking a very impressive swordsman for the role- the best in Europe, for a week of filming fight scenes for a season 6 role. His ethnicity/race isn't specified, unlike many other roles.

Could be Arthur Dayne, meaning we would be getting a Tower of Joy flashback.
Awwwww shiggity. Now we'll finally learn:

If Arthur Dayne actually dies or just surrendered to Howland/Eddard

That's super hawt. Nerdboner at 95%.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why couldn't it be Rhaegar? The famous sword thing makes me think Arthur Dayne, but aside from the Tower of Joy thing, he's kind of a nobody isn't he? If it's Rhaegar they could show the battle of the Trident, the scenes with Lyanna, and the Elia scenes to set up why Dorne is doing what its doing; and also the lead up to the Tower of Joy.

If it's Arthur Dayne, they can only show the Tower of Joy.
Rhaegar didn't have a famous sword and was never once described as a paragon of knighthood. Every part of the description fits Arthur Dayne. Also, as a member of the Kingsguard and best friend of prince Rhaegar, he was anything but a nobody. The famous sword bit alone would make me instantly think it was Arthur Dayne, to say nothing of the rest of the description.

Also the casting call only called for a week's worth of fighting scenes, which is basically enough time for one episode.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Rhaegar didn't have a famous sword and was never once described as a paragon of knighthood. Every part of the description fits Arthur Dayne. Also, as a member of the Kingsguard and best friend of prince Rhaegar, he was anything but a nobody. The famous sword bit alone would make me instantly think it was Arthur Dayne, to say nothing of the rest of the description.

Also the casting call only called for a week's worth of fighting scenes, which is basically enough time for one episode.
Yea, on reflection, I agree with you. Gotta be AD. I disagree, I kinda think he is a nobody, plot wise, he did nothing notable except die at the Tower of Joy. But thats enough, if they show that scene it'll be awesome.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Casting sounds like they are doing the unused northern lords plotting in Winterfell storyline.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yea, on reflection, I agree with you. Gotta be AD. I disagree, I kinda think he is a nobody, plot wise, he did nothing notable except die at the Tower of Joy. But thats enough, if they show that scene it'll be awesome.
Plotwise he's basically a nobody, yes. Socially though, he was very important

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Pretty sure Dayne was considered the best fighter in the realm during his time. Will be interesting to see how Stark manages to kill him.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, the Waif's rich father had to give the Faceless Men ALL OF HIS ASSETS AND HIS DAUGHTER AS A WARD so that they would give The Gift to his bitch of a second wife. As she was trying to poison the Waif so her children would inherit everything and not his. This has been mentioned multiple times now.

They always charge something that is within your ability to pay, but it is exorbitant (relative to you) and not necessarily coin.

So, to kill a King or something they might charge Tywin Casterly Rock itself or some shit.
Yeah, no.

That was an entirely fictious story used to teach Arya how to lie. It was clearly a test. not a 100% reliable narrator explaining the explicit details of how the Faceless Men Assassination contract negotiation and payment schedule works. of all the things to take as gospel and turn in to wild speculation of implications, I am thoroughly surprised that people latched on to this nonsense.

Casting sounds like they are doing the unused northern lords plotting in Winterfell storyline.
Actually sounds like they are doing Davo's mission. Remember in the TV show Rickon and Osha went to hide with the Umber's, not Skagos. And I think we can all agree that they are describing the Umbers. I'm sure they can work in some kind of northern lord revolt vs the bolton thing in, but I doubt it'll be the same as the manderly/frey/bolton thing inside winterfell itself.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Fucking spoiler tag nonsense. But I support it over three threads:

So if we're assuming that's Arthur Dayne and there's a Tower of Joy flashback we should look for the others. Gerold Hightower, Bat Dude, Lyanna, Rhaegar, Ned's posse that dies, and of course, Howland Reed. Some of those may he those other Northern Lords being cast. If that is true and we see them cast and not Howland... that may very well mean he's the High Sparrow. A shit ton of spoilerage going to happen via these casting calls.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
alright then, if we are getting a tower of joy flashback, then who is having the flashback? this year we had our first show flashback and cersei was having it. is this a bran vision? is it a mel vision? is it a vision from Jon who ismostly deadand not present for the ToJ scene? Howland Reed flashback perhaps? do they plan on bringing him to the show or if you buy into the insane theory that he is already on the show, but he is the high sparrow?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It doesn't have to be a specific person's vision or flashback. It could just be something they show the viewer. The scene with Maggy the Frog wasn't framed as Cersei remembering it, and although the show immediately cut to present day Cersei afterwards, the narrative flow still would have worked just fine if they had gone to a PoV other than Cersei first.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wasn't it like 7v3?
It was 7v3 and became 2 v 1 when it was Eddard Stark and Howland Reed vs Arthur Dayne. And Ned basically says he was about to be pwnt when "Howland Reed stopped Arthur Dayne from killing me" or some such wording.