GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't watch the preview. Is ToJ coming from the Three Eyed Raven's flashback perspective? Even if it confirms Jon is half Targ I'm not sure what that really means. Like it isn't once you tell Jon this Ghost turns into a dragon and he reclaims the North.
It would mean

A> He's not a bastard
and
B> He has a claim to the throne better than anybody else alive

But how he would prove this beyond Bran's visions I have no idea. So you're right, "realistically" I don't think it means anything.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The preview didn't really show much other than a quick shot, but based on Bran's flashback this week's episode, I would assume it's through the crow's power. As for what Jon being Targaryan means, I'm not sure either. Maybe it means he can ride a dragon.
I don't know if being Targ is a requirement for that. They already alluded to Tyrion mounting a dragon in the future (which also probably indicates he is the likely suitor for Dany) so if a midget Lannister can do it I'd assume anyone could if the dragon trusts you.

Tenks

It would mean

A> He's not a bastard
and
B> He has a claim to the throne better than anybody else alive

But how he would prove this beyond Bran's visions I have no idea. So you're right, "realistically" I don't think it means anything.
Well he'd be a bastard just a different bastard. I suppose your thoughts on the claim are accurate even if unprecedented to break the Black and try to rise to power. I suppose I can't recall the pulse of King's Landing to even know if they want Targs back in power.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I didn't watch the preview. Is ToJ coming from the Three Eyed Raven's flashback perspective? Even if it confirms Jon is half Targ I'm not sure what that really means. Like it isn't once you tell Jon this Ghost turns into a dragon and he reclaims the North.
My guess is that the ToJ vision will drives Bran, Hodor, and Meera back to south to reunite with Jon. Still though, you can't really do anything with that information until Daenerys comes back to Westeros. And also, how would you even prove it?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Other than his visions... Doesn't Bran need more Jedi training before he could useful? The Wood Elf said he wouldn't be there forever. So apparently he will be leaving the Cave.

My guess is that he becomes the Dragon Tamer at some point.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Well he'd be a bastard just a different bastard. I suppose your thoughts on the claim are accurate even if unprecedented to break the Black and try to rise to power. I suppose I can't recall the pulse of King's Landing to even know if they want Targs back in power.
Varys does.

Also we don't know if Rhaegar married Lyanna prior to birth. Bigamy is clearly legal in Westeros.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I would think Varys (if anyone) would have suspected it forever if we are just talking in the show's context. Ned goes to retrieve Lyanna, kills some Kingsguard... Lyanna is dead and he and Howard Reed are the only ones left standing.

Someone must have known that after he left the Tower of Joy he had a baby in tow.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Varys does.

Also we don't know if Rhaegar married Lyanna prior to birth. Bigamy is clearly legal in Westeros.
Polygamy was ok with the Targs. My guess is he married her as a 2nd wife, which makes Jon a legal heir and not a bastard.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Varys does.

Polygamy was ok with the Targs. My guess is he married her as a 2nd wife, which makes Jon a legal heir and not a bastard.
Per GRRM polygamy is forbidden by the faith of the seven. The Targs got away with it back when they still had dragons because nobody could tell them what to do, but when the dragons died so did their ability to take multiple wives. Jon is a bastard no matter who his father is.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I don't know if being Targ is a requirement for that. They already alluded to Tyrion mounting a dragon in the future (which also probably indicates he is the likely suitor for Dany) so if a midget Lannister can do it I'd assume anyone could if the dragon trusts you.
Given the last things we've seen, suddenly a lot of people are starting to re-read Tywin's last words about Tyrion being "no true son of mine".

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I would think Varys (if anyone) would have suspected it forever if we are just talking in the show's context. Ned goes to retrieve Lyanna, kills some Kingsguard... Lyanna is dead and he and Howard Reed are the only ones left standing.

Someone must have known that after he left the Tower of Joy he had a baby in tow.
HowlandReed.

And remember the Child of the Forest telling Meera that Bran would need her for the war to come. He might need her to carry home a message to her father that it's time to come off of his secret.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The recent compendium for the books made a point to show that the Mad King -really- took an interest in Tywin's wife. The compendium book also made it a clear point that the Targs were producing a large number of deformed or other genetically abnormal children, including children with tails. Tyrion had a tail as a baby allegedly, and Tywin had a really bad falling out with the Mad King.

Given all that context, and the fact that Varys really likes Tyrion and seems to be on team Pro-Targ, it isn't completely out of the question that Tyrion may end up being Dany's half-brother.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure the preview for next week showed Bran and his teacher in the background watching ToJ.

Tenks

Given the last things we've seen, suddenly a lot of people are starting to re-read Tywin's last words about Tyrion being "no true son of mine".
And Tywin said (maybe more than once) "..Since I can't prove you're not mine..."

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Per GRRM polygamy is forbidden by the faith of the seven. The Targs got away with it back when they still had dragons because nobody could tell them what to do, but when the dragons died so did their ability to take multiple wives. Jon is a bastard no matter who his father is.
I believe there is a fan theory out there that they were wed in a Northern ceremony and made their vows to the Old Gods. I don't know how that would play in the larger kingdom but it's an interesting twist if it ends up being the case.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The recent compendium for the books made a point to show that the Mad King -really- took an interest in Tywin's wife. The compendium book also made it a clear point that the Targs were producing a large number of deformed or other genetically abnormal children, including children with tails. Tyrion had a tail as a baby allegedly, and Tywin had a really bad falling out with the Mad King.

Given all that context, and the fact that Varys really likes Tyrion and seems to be on team Pro-Targ, it isn't completely out of the question that Tyrion may end up being Dany's half-brother.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoy how Cersei and Mel are portrayed. It would be so easy to make them into indomitable ice queens, but GRRM really goes to great lengths to show their doubt and vulnerability. I guess the same could be said for any character, but those two in particular stand out to me since the trope would be very easy to play into.