GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Kind of salty knowing Dorne gets overtaken by the sand snakes only because I wish I would have read it in the books first. The show did Dorne no favors in building up that scene. I doubt half the audience even knew Hotah. The book also left you thinking Doran is spinning this masterful web that will eventually come crashing down on the Lannisters. It just would have been more impactful reading all that than getting a 15 second scene of Hotah and Doran getting assassinated.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Besides the Dorne silliness the main thing that jumped out at me as "off" was the scene between Jaime and Cersei discussing Myrcella's death-- Cersei seemed totally out of character being all weepy and self-critical. Not to mention last season she seemed disgusted with Jaime as he set off for Dorne.. I fully expected her to blame Jaime for failing to bring her back, as well as some expression of hatred and doom aimed at Dorne, which is more Cersei's style.. This scene to me seemed to exemplify the growing numbers of scenes/dialogue that just don't seem like they were written or conceived by George..

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure the show changes are just to fast track all of it. Doran goes to pretty big lengths to bring Ariana or whatever his daughter's name is into the fold in the book. They will clearly do something interesting.

I think that the Dorne actions will be to replace the entire Fake Aegon/Golden Company arc. Fine with this as Fake Aegon wasn't the most interesting anyway

spronk

FPS noob
its pretty obvious what happened, you guys need to pay more attention. the sand snakes are shapeshifting teleportation mutants like Mystique and Nightcrawler combined. They initially were up in the North hunting Sansa Stark as dogs, then when they caught her they mentally summoned Brienne of Tarth and immediately teleported to Trystan's ships, reformed as sand snakes, killed him, and then teleported back to Dorne.

duh, its all so simple once you see the hints the writers lay down

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
That Dothraki exchange was one of the funniest moments in the entire series. What ya'll smokin'? Felt like a nod to Conan.
When they were responding, it was as if they were responding to a question asking what was best in life.

Other than that, the writing and dialogue seemed a bit off, and there were way too many stories for one episode.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Besides the Dorne silliness the main thing that jumped out at me as "off" was the scene between Jaime and Cersei discussing Myrcella's death-- Cersei seemed totally out of character being all weepy and self-critical. Not to mention last season she seemed disgusted with Jaime as he set off for Dorne.. I fully expected her to blame Jaime for failing to bring her back, as well as some expression of hatred and doom aimed at Dorne, which is more Cersei's style.. This scene to me seemed to exemplify the growing numbers of scenes/dialogue that just don't seem like they were written or conceived by George..
She did just spend a ton of time in a jail cell and forced to walk naked through the streets. She could easily be humbled.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Kind of salty knowing Dorne gets overtaken by the sand snakes only because I wish I would have read it in the books first. The show did Dorne no favors in building up that scene. I doubt half the audience even knew Hotah. The book also left you thinking Doran is spinning this masterful web that will eventually come crashing down on the Lannisters. It just would have been more impactful reading all that than getting a 15 second scene of Hotah and Doran getting assassinated.
He kept bastards (Ellaria, the sand snakes) close to him. Certain way to die in The Game of Thrones.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't think it's going to happen in the books. The Sand Snake take over seems like an expediency to achieve what will ultimately happen to Dorne anyway (They are going to get crushed). In the books most likely what's going to happen is they support Aegon and Dany crushes them as she returns. Now it's probably just going to be themselves attacking Kings Landing and Dany crushes them as she returns.

Essentially they did this to circumvent the false Targ story line, but probably still have a battle at KL that Dany can swoop in and fuck up. (But in the books Doran IS spinning a masterful web; he's got two vectors which to attack the Lannisters, supporting the young false Targ and his army AND sending his son to marry Dany. The show just confirmed both will probably fail. So instead of making him a master tactician that ultimately failed, they made him a weak bitch that did nothing. Nailed it!)

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
This episode was a steaming pile of shit and not a good omen for the rest of the season.

Dumb that we don't get to see Doran deliver the best line of the entire series.

Siliconemelons

She did just spend a ton of time in a jail cell and forced to walk naked through the streets. She could easily be humbled.
Jamie seemed off imo also, its like they are not going to have him do any redemption - or the 2-3 episodes we had of his redemptions is it and he just has not tipped back in the books yet, but the show he already has.

HUH_sl

shitlord
I thought he was on the boat. But that doesn't matter because the two Sandsnakes could have easily followed him with another ship and boarded his when he was anchored outside Kingslanding. No need to borrow Littlefingers teleporter. Dorne scenes were terrible but I don't know why people are bitching about the two Sandsnakes being there.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What is the best line of the entire series?
Probably the fire and blood speech.

"I am not blind, nor deaf. I know that you all believe me weak, frightened, feeble. Your father knew me better. Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him. I was the grass. Pleasant, complaisant, sweet-smelling, swaying with every breeze. Who fears to walk upon the grass? But it is the grass that hides the viper from his enemies and shelters him until he strikes. Your father and I worked more closely than you know . but now he is gone. The question is, can I trust his daughters to serve me in his place?"

She narrowed her eyes. "What is our heart's desire?"

"Vengeance." His voice was soft, as if he were afraid that someone might be listening. "Justice." Prince Doran pressed the onyx dragon into her palm with his swollen, gouty fingers, and whispered, "Fire and blood."

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't know why people think this was anything other than a boat.

rrr_img_131910.jpg