GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

zUfOVZd.gif
This guy is gonna get type cast as a spineless faggot after this role and Brutus in Rome.

zUfOVZd.gif

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
Less than 48 hours after she died the actress that played Cat got picked up for the show Suits.

Pretty cool. But at the same time I hope the other actors don't start realizing they can leave the show and probably make a lot more money. Their stock is as high as it can be right now for some of them.
Yea, they can do just like that dipshit that played Gregor in Season 1, who only took the part to get his foot into American media and then immediately jumped ship cause the series was too nerdy for a big manly man like him.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
stannis' depiction in the show is a little strange. doesn't he hold his brothers in high regard in the books?
One of the Season 2(?) extras is giving history of various points from different perspectives. One is Stannis talking about Robert's Rebellion, and it is clear by the time it is over he hates his brothers. Maybe not publicly, but on a personal level, he can't stand them.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Lol, no shit. What did you want them to do? The attack was SYMBOLIC as much as it was supposed to a surprise attack. Do the deed, move on before people can react.

People nitpick about the dumbest shit.
This forum is saturated with some of the dumbest posters I've seen in a long time, and they continue to get stupider. It's to the point where you can't point out stupidity anymore because it would take some party smart enough to recognize it for what it is. FoH was one of the smarter forums at one point....

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I haven't really kept up with this thread lately, aside from the recent Red Wedding stuff (and that stupid Purple Wedding bullshit), so it might have been discussed somewhere, but is anyone else really annoyed with Arya the past few seasons? All she does is whine, whine, whine and occasionally threaten people. I was actually hoping The Hound would chop her fucking head off so I wouldn't have to listen to her anymore. I know she's still typically the "darling" of the show, and she was great in the books (and the first season of the show), but I just about cringe every time she has a scene now. Many characters have "come to life" so to speak for me in the show, but her character has been pretty much ruined by it (for me).
Her character would definitely have more of an impact in the show if they didn't declaw her for some reason. They should have had her slit that northman's throat when she left Harrenhal instead of Jaqen cleaning up for her. Hopefully they will include the scene in the tavern where she kills someone after Sandor starts a fight.
might be cos arya's character is pretty violent for a young actor. mommy and daddy probably aren't too happy about little maisie killing people. the show runners better get to it though, cos they can't gut arya's character like that. i've wondered if maisie can pull it off. one thing is to act like a tough, spunky little kid; it's a whole other bag to perform as a cold blooded killer.

dang, bunch of new pages. you guys post faster than i can read...

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The only reason I knew it was Castamere is because I expected it to be Castamere.

Sure, the song has been played 4 times in 2 years. It's been 4 different versions of it and it's not a very memorable melody. It's a Ye-Olde version of a Dave Matthews song. It's perfectly fine for what it is, there's nothing wrong with it, it's technically proficient, but you don't go around humming it either.
It's been played more like 10 times in various versions, but I only know this because I watched the commentaries on the blu rays. I noticed it right away and my first thought was that was pretty obvious, but I would bet 90% of people watching don't know the tune.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's been played more like 10 times in various versions, but I only know this because I watched the commentaries on the blu rays. I noticed it right away and my first thought was that was pretty obvious, but I would bet 90% of people watching don't know the tune.
My wife knew it immediately, like within the first few notes of the cello being played, but she's a music chick so...

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Alignment charts are almost always terrible*, and I realise that's the point - but Ned Stark led a rebellion and civil war in the name of personal vengeance and set up one of his buddies as a pretender king. He's also a liar and an oathbreaker. He'd be lucky to qualify for neutral good, lawful is right out.

* Almost all real people are between true neutral and neutral good, with self interest being in constant war with morality. You need two dimensional caricatures like you'd see in an AD&D novel to fit the alignment extremes.
Here we go with this again. Personal vengeance? That was just a bonus. They rebelled against and replaced theMadKing. Mad, get it? It don't mean he was pissed off. They did it because they had to. Robert never wanted to be fucking king.

"Nicknamed the Mad King, his reign became increasingly erratic and murderous. A final round of blood-letting, unleashed when his son Prince Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna Stark of Winterfell, saw many houses in the realm rebel against his rule. Brandon Stark protested the abduction of his sister and demanded justice. Aerys had him arrested for treason and then offered to ransom him to his father Rickard Stark. Aerys summoned Rickard to court and when he arrived publicly executed both father and son.

Aerys was killed by a member of his own Kingsguard, Ser Jaime Lannister, who stabbed his king in the back, to prevent him from destroying the city with the hidden caches of wildfire he already had ordered Wisdom Rossart, now his Hand of the King, to hide in several spots of the city. Aerys seemingly believed the massive inferno would transmute him into a dragon and then he would emerge to obliterate his enemies
."

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I think it is interesting that many people have said here and elsewhere that Robb's Army has been the real war for the Iron Throne and his death ends all that. To me Stannis should be the main threat but it just kind of only surfaced for 5-6 episodes in season 2 the kind of has been ignored.

Has the show failed to show Stannis as a threat?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it is interesting that many people have said here and elsewhere that Robb's Army has been the real war for the Iron Throne and his death ends all that. To me Stannis should be the main threat but it just kind of only surfaced for 5-6 episodes in season 2 the kind of has been ignored.

Has the show failed to show Stannis as a threat?
After the ghostbaby murder of his brother and his assault on King's Landing he didn't do much of anything in the books as far as threatening the throne goes either.