GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
zlt9cby72xx21.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 6Like
Reactions: 12 users

Caliane

you saw a throne? what throne would that be? all i saw was rubble and ash.
The iron throne was a mass of swords melted together from dragon fire, after a battle.
Dany will be the first to sit on the Babyskull throne, from babyskulls fused together from dragonfire.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So that is where the budget went.

Story aside, I enjoyed the episode enough. It was nice to see a more realistic version of the Ballista. Cersei dying the way she did was kind of a let down(That is presuming she is dead). Arya becoming human again was also a nice touch. You can be the best assassin in the world and still be nothing when faced against a dragon. Dany losing her mind was expected. This woman has been through so much revolving around the 7 kingdoms that you knew she was going to break. I just hated how blind they made Jon Snow towards it. Cleganbowl was about as much as it could be. The Hound was not going to win that fight and so he took them both down. Cersei slinking past the Hound made me laugh. The death of Varys was very weak on a couple of levels. The man made no sound at all??? The control of the dragon fire to only hit him from that range was also a bit of a question mark. I suppose it is possible but I would not have been standing anywhere near as close as they had been. Speaking of controlled fire, I enjoyed the outright devastation of the city by Dragon Fire. Finally the show delivered the horror of what a dragon could do and why they were so feared.

It is clear that the show writers and developers do not have the capacity to write good character development and dialogue. It is why the season is a lot shorter. They knew that they used up everything they had to get to this point and needed to just end it on a movie like budget and platform. More action and less talk is Season 8 for the most part. Everybody watching has an idea of how they wanted to see their favorite characters get treated in the end, but no ending could satisfy everyone. Its fun watching everyone critic this season but the show honestly reached its point. It had to end. The end was kind of obvious but there was room for surprise. It appears though that surprise was not to be that large of a factor, unless you account for failure to write a good dialogue and script a surprise.

This could have been done a lot better but it was still worth watching.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
one thing you gotta admire is the cinematography, the director Sapulchuk (sic) is awesome. Sadly the final episode is going to be directed by the showrunners

3533058-%286%29%20courtesy%20of%20hbo.jpg

game-of-thrones-recap.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Can someone shoop the hoop to be the iron throne and the ball to be Jon Snow plz? Will +nets.

Cybsled

Will Yara even show up again? Lol

I do agree that these endings are what GRRM told them, but the show runners had to craft the connective tissue themselves

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
How come Bran didn't look at the future and tell John that Daenerys was going to burn King's Landing to the ground?

Worst Three-Eyed Raven EVER!

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I enjoyed the Clegagne bowl and thought it was a good fight.

I was a bit disaapointed it did not mean anything however.. No moiuntain protecting the queen, no Hound protecting Arya to give her that shot at a death blow.....it just did not matter who won. If one killed the other they both would die anyway from collapse.

In some ways the not meaning anything I think is kinda the point. It was revenge for revenges sake it had no higher meaning or purpose than that. It was one brother hated his own brother so much he would die to kill him.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
How come Bran didn't look at the future and tell John that Daenerys was going to burn King's Landing to the ground?

Worst Three-Eyed Raven EVER!

The night king is dead. I am not sure brandon really gives a shit what happens anywhere else. He probably did see it but he has seen an entire history worth of shitty people being shitty to eachother. It is nothing new and nothing really worth bothering with.