Gotham

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I took Kreug's statement to mean he couldn't mentally survive the bullshit that is Gotham. Not that he would actually die, just that he would quit the force. I'm probably wrong though.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Good point. Hell look at Harvey, he started out kinda like Jim and in much less time between now and Batman Year One he went from boy scout to near complete corruption. Not to mention you have to wonder how Jim ever makes it to commissioner with a Mayor like the one currently in office and the police so incredibly compromised. Who exactly do Montoya and Allen work for anyway? Does Major Crimes not report to the Mayor's office?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Nah Master was right on both counts. I get it now, they keep Gordon around for the challenge of corrupting the uncorruptable. Killing him would be admitting defeat. Same shit as Joker/Batman refusing to kill the other, and the Joker protecting Batman's identity in Nolan's TDK.

Otherwise, yeah, no goddamn way he'd survive this vision of Gotham. It makes The Wire look like utopia.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I imagine as the show progresses we'll see Gordon start to make progress on uncorrupting some of the police force and politics of the city. He's already got Harvey slowly coming to his side, plus Montoya and her partner not to mention Bruce and Alfred. It's only a matter of time until he gets more people coming on board. So I don't think it's going to be the sort of dire situation we're currently seeing until Batman shows up in 20 years.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
Well there are several variations in the comics about Gordon, and the time between T.V series can be more than a year as well. This is how I see the T.V series panning out....

I can see him slowly chipping away at the police force, dismantling the overt mob corruption. Then cells within the Police force and so on over the years, but never fully cleaning out the police force. And as the years go by Bruce Wayne gets more and more involved.

I can also see him handling the major villains as they appear now (they have not matured into the real deal yet), Penguin, Riddler etc and starting the cycle of sending them to Arkham.

But some will elude capture, like Victor from the recent episode and be a foe who appears and disappears over time.

Ultimately, the combination of the mob and various *named* villains will start to win this protracted fight that has spanned at least a decade, and then Bruce realises that Gotham needs an extra weapon, and Batman appears....

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They need to do a gag clip where Gordon sits down with young Bruce and explains "son, you're going to turn into Ben Affleck"

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have to say, I think this was the first really sold episode ofGotham. They had a monster-of-the-week (Zsasz) without him taking too much time away from the most interesting parts of the show. With lines starting to be drawn, it appears like we're seeing the beginning of a much larger story developing. And while the twist with Penguin could've been revealed a little better, it was solid nonetheless. Falcone is really starting to become an interesting antagonist, much moreso than Fish.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Just caught up on the last couple episodes. Considered not continuing due to Fish being so annoying, Harvey turned it down a Tick so that was nice. This week was real solid. Penguin is so perfect, they should put him on the advertisement instead of Fish.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that was a pretty lame villain, Fight Club CEO? LOL. speaking of lame villains, fish mooney shitted up a large portion of that episode.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I keep waiting for Penguin to deliver a variation on this line 'You know what Penguins eat right..Fish?' when having his little meetings with Fish Mooney.

I can't wait for him to fuck her over somehow. Falcone and Penguin are the best parts of this show.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think Penguin is still trying to be more subtle about taking down Fish. I'm sure a line similar to that will be delivered but only while he has her hung upside down.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Lol at that stupid cunt Barbara leaving now. That's what she should have done last episode when Gordon wanted her to, instead of returning and messing everything up. Bitches be crazy. She almost ruins his entire plan, gets him and other people killed, and he takes her back. However, he hangs up on her one time and she's gone. She is the worst part of this show, even worse than Fish.

Tenks

Yeah Barbara is starting to become off the rails retarded. Luckily she is smoking hot so idgaf.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Barbara's outfits are like, in the top 3 best things about the show. All she does is hang around half dressed drinking and smoking dope until Jim comes home to pork her. And given her condo, she obviously comes from money. She a cup size or two short of the perfect woman. Plus, the other canon love interest on the show looks like Pam Oliver, who looks like Shannon Sharpe wearing a wig.

And Jim Gordon is not a superhero, we're not doing the "I can't have a family because they'll always be in danger!" trope, are we? Having a life and a family is why he's not on the same level as The Goddamn Batman.

Also, apparently Alfred enjoys a good beat down with sadistic glee just as much as Batman. Alfred's just more willing to admit it. Alfred being a badass in his youth is something that's been inserted into the comic at some point, isn't it? More bodyguard/personal trainer/life coach than butler.

Tenks

Maybe for the season finale Barbara and the chick with Falcone will get it on

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
You guys are hard asses on Fish.

I don't mind her but like the rest of the criminal gang elements they are just there to get killed by the A grade Villains.

On another note, I like how Riddler is developing.