Gran Turismo (2023)

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Had a business trip this week so I had to fly to California and back. Took it as an excuse to watch movies on the plane's streaming that I wouldn't have bothered to otherwise. The trip to Cali was Blue Beetle, the trip back to Dallas was this....

In general, I concur with the people who said "A lot better than I anticipated". The story actually got me caring an giving a shit about the characters and that doesn't happen much recently in films. It was pretty trope-ish and ham fisted with who the "bad guys" were, but I don't think "let's make a subtle commentary on the human state of good and bad" was ever on the radar for this one.... David Harbour is quickly heading towards terminal typecasting as "The grumpy old dude who is simply too old to want to deal with this shit, but comes through". (And he's currently my favorite Santa)

Didn't realise ginger spice was in this lol. Man I busted so many nuts to her back in the day
Completely concur with this take. But I'll admit I'd still give her a go. You also get an appearance by everybody's favorite guy they only really know for an animated gif...

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Completely concur with this take. But I'll admit I'd still give her a go. You also get an appearance by everybody's favorite guy they only really know for an animated gif...

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

He was in Amistad (1997)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was one of the better movies of the year. The story was well directed and it covered all the usual tropes with car racing. It is worth a watch if you have not seen it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I watched this again last night because the kids wanted to see it. They lived out and were asking if they can watch it again tonight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user