Gravy's Cooking Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For the buckets, do you line them with anything, or just give it a wash, dry it out and just dump the rice in? Been thinking about getting one of those as well.
yea give it a nice wash and dump it in

these are the same ones as
68890432a29e96f0b09ff7cab013d7fc.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Hmm, don't think I've had curry w/ squash. Interesting.

We like it. Chunks but also a bit blendered in. Pumpkin is good with red and massaman. Butternut good with all imo. Butternut is weird because as you add spicy it gets sweeter sorta too, ends up being surprisingly complex.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Imma try this.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Imma try this.
I've done that one time, it's delicious. I want to say the all things barbecue channel on YouTube had a recipe that I sort of followed, or at least gave me the idea to go ahead and throw it on the smoker. I didn't hit it with too much smoke though, just done on the gas grill with one of those little wood chip boxes.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
What's everyone making for Easter Sunday?

We pulled a couple of baby backs out I'm just going to do traditional fare to accompany it, beans, macaroni and cheese, etc. I haven't smoked ribs in a while, so hopefully I don't screw them up. I'm guessing maybe 5 hours or so for total cook time maybe with sitting at 250ish.

IMG_20240331_131342281~2.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Did a leg of lamb on the kamado and cooked it to 128, long rest, and sliced thin with basically all the sides you'd find at a Greek place so folks could make a gyro like wrap or a plate with something to soak up what was left. Tazaki and hummus didn't make it through dinner but some naan and pita did so easy packed lunches for work this week.

Screenshot_20240331-195017.png

• 3Like
  • 3Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I love me some curry, but you know that is going to look the same at both ends.

People always make this joke but it never does that to me. Maybe my system is used to spice and heat. Maybe if the curry uses a lot of heavy cream it can affect you?

Smashburger tonight. First time making them. I'll make burgers this way almost every time at home now.

20240331_191543.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
People always make this joke but it never does that to me. Maybe my system is used to spice and heat. Maybe if the curry uses a lot of heavy cream it can affect you?

Smashburger tonight. First time making them. I'll make burgers this way almost every time at home now.

View attachment 522472
It's because of the way it looks. I'm sure it was delicious, but curry is one of those foods that has the consistency and color of a bad night on the shitter.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Did a leg of lamb on the kamado and cooked it to 128, long rest, and sliced thin with basically all the sides you'd find at a Greek place so folks could make a gyro like wrap or a plate with something to soak up what was left. Tazaki and hummus didn't make it through dinner but some naan and pita did so easy packed lunches for work this week.

View attachment 522466
Man, I bet that was great. Wanted to get one this year, but couldn't find one at HEB, so dredged up the ribs from the depths of the freezer. Really need to make Greek soon now that it's spring, just so tasty and easy.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Man, I bet that was great. Wanted to get one this year, but couldn't find one at HEB, so dredged up the ribs from the depths of the freezer. Really need to make Greek soon now that it's spring, just so tasty and easy.
sometimes i don't have room in my fridge to defrost meat (and i tried once and didn't like making brisket from frozen, plus i don't have the strength of hercules to stick a probe in) so i just throw it in my cooler for a day, anyone else do this?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
sometimes i don't have room in my fridge to defrost meat (and i tried once and didn't like making brisket from frozen, plus i don't have the strength of hercules to stick a probe in) so i just throw it in my cooler for a day, anyone else do this?
Yeah, I've done that before if I'm hurting for space, or stick it out on the cookie sheet and place it in the oven if I'm using it the same day, not cooking, just thawing at room temp.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I did that with my mini fridge. Frozen turkey wasn't thawing. Turned it to the lowest setting over night. Long story short turkey juice everywhere and was a bitch to clean. Probably would have been okay with a proper container, but felt pretty warm (temp monitor shorted out in turkey juice).

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
It came out quite nice and yeah bone in leg of lamb has been hard to find since COVID. I usually only see it in stores for Easter and Christmas now but Costco will usually have the deboned New Zealand legs for not too bad of a price year round.

• 1Like