Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Finally got around to seeing this over the weekend, I thought you guys were being your normally jaded selves but this movie was kind of a let down compared to the first one.

Too much baby Groot and they spent way too much time on one planet.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I've been debating blind-buying the Blu-Ray since I love the first one. Baby Groot annoyed me in the commercials, so if he's really all over this one, maybe I'll just save the cash and wait for Netflix or HBO.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I've been debating blind-buying the Blu-Ray since I love the first one. Baby Groot annoyed me in the commercials, so if he's really all over this one, maybe I'll just save the cash and wait for Netflix or HBO.

The problem is, they took the best character in the first one, and made him the shittiest character in this one. He literally does nothing, isn't funny, and just sucks. I think he sets off the bomb (was shown in previews.) That's it. And they tried to make him look cute, and it just was stupid. I enjoyed the emotional part of this movie (dual father figures, etc, and the tear jerker send off at the end.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

The problem is, they took the best character in the first one, and made him the shittiest character in this one. He literally does nothing, isn't funny, and just sucks. I think he sets off the bomb (was shown in previews.) That's it. And they tried to make him look cute, and it just was stupid. I enjoyed the emotional part of this movie (dual father figures, etc, and the tear jerker send off at the end.)

The end of the movie was spectacular.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I didn't mind baby groot. He had a couple hood moments but I think rocket had too many forced "no, I said THIS" moments with him. Drax and mantis were worth price of admission though, easy

• 1Worf

fris

Vyemm Raider
it suffers more from having to follow the 1st one than any of the criticism in this thread. it's a great movie, but the 1st is impossible to surpass.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It was pretty solid, I agree with most that it isn't as good as the first but still decent. Baby Groot is obviously made to sell shit loads of toys to kids. I am betting a literal fuck ton of cash will be made off Baby Groot merch. Does it suck that is the case? Yes but it's Hollywood. Still regardless of the flaws of you liked the first one then this is really more of the same.

Hekotat

Forgot to mention the Zune at the end was well done and I didn't expect it.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I finally got around to this. I kept my expectations moderately tempered and ended up enjoying it. There were a few too many clunky one-liners, and a few too many immediate tonal shifts from SERIOUS BUSINESS to the writers realizing it'd been more than 8 seconds since something silly happened and acting accordingly, but it was a worthy enough follow-up to the first one. Also, Nebula does have quite the ass.

• 1Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I thought the second movies sound track wasn't very good considering how great the first one was.

• 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I thought the second movies sound track wasn't very good considering how great the first one was.

What?

That Fleetwood Mac song when they split and again in the final battle, when they pull their shit together.

Kurt Russel explaining his motivation through "Brandy" by Looking Glass.

The guy singing "Soup, Soup" to Silver.

Etc..

The use of music in the movie is superb and I can listen to the soundtrack all day long. Vol. 1 has Hooked on a Feeling from the trailer, but beyond that it's not nearly as "re-listenable" IMO.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
What?

That Fleetwood Mac song when they split and again in the final battle, when they pull their shit together.

Kurt Russel explaining his motivation through "Brandy" by Looking Glass.

The guy singing "Soup, Soup" to Silver.

Etc..

The use of music in the movie is superb and I can listen to the soundtrack all day long. Vol. 1 has Hooked on a Feeling from the trailer, but beyond that it's not nearly as "re-listenable" IMO.

Overall the first soundtrack was much better IMO, but I'll agree with The Chain. That was used nicely, and is fantastic in the end scene.

• 1Solidarity

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Will his disapproval of Disney firing a pedophile cause him to pull out of guardians 3?

Dave Bautista says he still might quit Guardians Of The Galaxy 3

During a recent interview on The Jonathan Ross Show (via The Hollywood Reporter), Bautista didn’t hold back. “To be honest with you, I don’t know if I want to work for Disney,” he said. Later, he added, “There’s a bit of an issue. It’s a bittersweet conversation. No—it’s a bitter, bitter conversation, because I’m not really happy with what they’ve done with James Gunn.”

He cant be living his life with his blinders on, can he? Ffs.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Will his disapproval of Disney firing a pedophile cause him to pull out of guardians 3?

During a recent interview on The Jonathan Ross Show (via The Hollywood Reporter), Bautista didn’t hold back. “To be honest with you, I don’t know if I want to work for Disney,” he said. Later, he added, “There’s a bit of an issue. It’s a bittersweet conversation. No—it’s a bitter, bitter conversation, because I’m not really happy with what they’ve done with James Gunn.”

He's a (semi?) retired star pro wrestler, how much exposure to reality do you think he's had in his adult life?

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
If he wants to keep buying roids, he will do the 3rd movie or he can just keep starring in shitty indie flicks that make no money.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

Well, since there's no pedophile actually involved here, probably not.

And it's his life, he's free to do what he wants I guess. If that means fighting Disney on his contract and losing then whats it to any of us here? *shrug*