Gun control

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
to fight the government should the need arise.
That's a load of BS. No gun in the world is going to protect you against tanks and rockets and drones and fighter planes.

What I dont understand is why people need 300 or 400 or even 500hp cars?! Who needs that!?
What I dont understand is why people need a 5000sq ft house?! Who needs that?!
Those don't kill people (or at least in the case of the car, aren't designed to).

In the midst of all of this, you would think that somebody would have enough smarts to look to the south across the river and see how well the ban on weapons is working in Mexico.
You realize large swaths of Mexico are one step away from being in a state of anarchy or under complete control of criminal Cartels, courtesy of the war on drugs? It's effectively a warzone in many respects, with endemic corruption and the army fighting against the Cartels, which fight against eachother for control of key territory, as well as terrorizing and extorting those under their control.

Fadaar

That guy
I dunno guys, last I checked some guys with box cutters killed about 3,000 people in one go!

SAIDIN_sl

shitlord
It was an elementary school. As sickening as it is, he's fucking right. He could have easily killed MANY more if he knew what he was doing.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
But thats the point. Get rid of the extended mags and now youre left with 9 shot mags. And that would of took 16 mags, instead of the 5 30 round clips he prolly had.
Extended mags? The basic magazine size of a Glock 17 is 17 rounds. Extended mags are 33. And that's firing a 9mm round. If we go up to a Glock 21 firing .45, our mag size drops to 13 (and I don't see an option for an extended mag on the Glock webpage), but I think I can pretty confidently say that you don't need to shoot a 6 year old more than once with a 45. Quite frankly, I just don't understand this bizarre obsession people have with magazine size.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
this is like 9/11 all over again when does it stop, the only reason many of you people are obsessing over this question is because you are all fed this false dichotomy(suggestion that there are only 2 answers to a question.) constantly on all the media/tv/newspapers/pictures you watch, it's subconcious hypnotic suggestion.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
But thats the point. Get rid of the extended mags and now youre left with 9 shot mags. And that would of took 16 mags, instead of the 5 30 round clips he prolly had.
You are so fucking stupid. God damn, our country is just fucked because of reactionary retards like you. Just moronic shitheads who have no idea what they are talking about. Honestly, I sit here and just wonder how it is that stupid people like you exists. I really wonder how you can remember to breathe and feed yourself daily.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Fact: Psychopath killer denied ability to buy gun. He stole from his mother. The gun control laws worked, but murderer broke the law. You can't punish 99.99999% of gun owners simply because one psychopath killed a lot of people with a gun. He's a psychopath.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You are so fucking stupid. God damn, our country is just fucked because of reactionary retards like you. Just moronic shitheads who have no idea what they are talking about. Honestly, I sit here and just wonder how it is that stupid people like you exists. I really wonder how you can remember to breathe and feed yourself daily.
Take a pill you fucking spastic nutjob.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Relax, I dont want to take your guns or your clips, fool. Im just playing devils advocate. I like going up to northern michigan and shoot my AK47, my inlaws sks, and the other plethora of guns he has.

iannis

Musty Nester
I know Chris rock makes a joke out of it, but I really do think that the regulation of ammunition will be a more effective and easier tact to take for accomplishing the goal of reduced gun violence than regulation of the weapons themselves.

It doesn't lend itself to raw emotional appeals and simplicity. "They're gonna try to take your hollowpoints!" doesn't have the sting that "They're gonna take your guns!" has. The NRA is gonna shit itself fighting regulation either way. They should. That's what the NRA is for.

For the rest of us the focus should probably be on the reduction of gun violence.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
First, as to why gun control legislation is inherently flawed in handling this problem I'll leave this for your review :http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...e__116451.html

Next , on the topic of magazine size, you could also have picked up a pair of pistols which have 20 round capacity. How would assault rifle legislation have stopped that?
Real Clear Politics huh?

second sentence of stupid article_sl said:
"The key fallacy of so-called gun control laws is that such laws do not in fact control guns. They simply disarm law-abiding citizens, while people bent on violence find firearms readily available."
When have law abiding citizens been disarmed in this country?

Edit: Reading more, my review of that article is 'Citation Needed'.

And "Assault Rifle" legislation wouldn't, which is one of may reasons "Assault Rifle" legislation is stupid.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
do you guys think it's that hard to make your own clips? arguing over clip size seems pointless when you can make them for like $15 worth of metal and when this exists on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RurfnOnHm_0
how to modify clips to make any gun size clip you want.

are you going to ban youtube videos?
are you going to ban all gun quality metals too?
this is like 9/11 all over again when does it stop, the only reason many of you people are obsessing over this question is because you are all fed this false dichotomy(suggestion that there are only 2 answers to a question.) constantly on all the media/tv/newspapers/pictures you watch, it's subconcious hypnotic suggestion.
As someone who has spent days tuning competition magazines for 2011's and Glocks, this is simply not feasible.

Never mind, just watched the video. THAT'S A FUCKING AIRSOFT GUN.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Extended mags? The basic magazine size of a Glock 17 is 17 rounds. Extended mags are 33. And that's firing a 9mm round. If we go up to a Glock 21 firing .45, our mag size drops to 13 (and I don't see an option for an extended mag on the Glock webpage), but I think I can pretty confidently say that you don't need to shoot a 6 year old more than once with a 45. Quite frankly, I just don't understand this bizarre obsession people have with magazine size.
The magazine size is what they are going to nerf though. They cant take away handguns and they know it. They can show people that they are banning scary looking guns and lowering magazine size in general and claim progress. Low information people will accept that and feel good about it which is the goal so far as I can tell.

Yes handguns have a lot of rounds. Yes the military looking guns are just modified hunting rifles. None of that is really relevant.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
why not just limit all mag sizes to 2 rounds? i mean in what possible scenario would a law abiding citizen need to shoot more than twice, amirite?

with 2 round mags, school shootings will never happen.