Gunfire Reborn

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This has been a lot of fun over the last day or two solo or co-op w/ 2-3 others.

Obligatory cheeky review / overview grabbed at random from Youtube:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, i saw that a few days ago. I'm going to give it some mroe time in the oven before I pick it up though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I played it for 90 minutes and it was pretty cool. I ran into one bug. It wouldn’t let me buy the ability to open the vault portals, had to reboot the game to get it to work. I could see this being really fun with two or three people.

My elbow is currently fucked up like tennis elbow or something so playing with a mouse was really uncomfortable. This is one I’d rather play in my recliner with a controller so I’ll wait to see. They ever add that feature to give it another shot.

It does support Steam controller but no thx, I didn’t like that thing.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
this looks like a budget borderlands those are always fun, ill probably grab this but def need some bros to play with

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
this looks like a budget borderlands those are always fun, ill probably grab this but def need some bros to play with

It doesn’t really feel like borderlands while playing due to the roguelike aspect of it and being in a dungeon, but there are obvious similarities. I only played 90 minutes so maybe it starts gravitating more in the borderlands direction but it felt more like its own roguelike deal to me.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
It doesn’t really feel like borderlands while playing due to the roguelike aspect of it and being in a dungeon, but there are obvious similarities. I only played 90 minutes so maybe it starts gravitating more in the borderlands direction but it felt more like its own roguelike deal to me.

is there some sort of matchmaking at all? doubt any of my friends are gonna pick this up, and i think itd be a little boring solo.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
is there some sort of matchmaking at all? doubt any of my friends are gonna pick this up, and i think itd be a little boring solo.

I believe so but I didn’t try it. There were options to add other people when you start a new dungeon run but like I said idk the specifics of it meStevo meStevo should be able to answer better based on his OP.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
There is matchmaking after level 10. Have only done it once, and it was OK. Was clearly a mix of newer and older players since 2 were kinda plowing through the content with little hesitation while me and the other guy were still 'ooh, what's this gun, let me think about my decision a moment' and constantly playing catch-up.

Have put like 19 hours into this game, currently 38 or so, have gotten to the second boss twice, only got past him the first time because he bugged.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
whats your guys steam/IGn names? gonna buy it now would love to have some bros to play with

just bought it whos playin???

Last edited:

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
New hero/boss added, fought it for the first time last night.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
Super underrated. Love this fucking game. Great high/drunk fun. Can be taken serious too.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This got recommended to me and I bought it a long time ago. Just playing it for the first time tonight and it seems pretty great. I could see people putting hundreds or thousands of hours into this, especially if you had friends to play it with.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Pretty crisp game. Mechanics are fully sorted and simple, yet have depth to them. Tight and crisp gameplay. Graphics are simple but they work. My soap dish can run this game at 165 FPS.

I played cat long enough to unlock Tao. I like high DPS/high maneuverability game play. I have not played any of the other characters enough to have an opinion on them.

In terms of talents, SKIP Occult Maestro. It costs a lot and not very many scrolls benefit from it. Firstly pick, SURVIVAL tree pick Mystic Guard. It is +shield points. Shield regens, HP do not. From there in the BATTLE tree pick the first two because ammo makes things dead. From there, in the EXPEDITION tree get the first one so you can do vaults. If you only play solo, skip the SURVIVAL talents that increase multiplayer effectiveness. From there work on Hero talents along with BATTLE talents. Further EXPEDITION talents and WEAPON talents can be put off till later. I think this is the basic talent start regardless of character you pick.

A pretty quick way to cheese talent points early on is to run the first leg, kill boss...skip vaults. Quit and go again. Doesn't take long with a friend to build up a lot of points fast.

Pretty fun game. I have 27 hours on Tao and ready to make my push to the endgame....which is higher and higher difficulties. I'm still but a frond near a tiny pond.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I love all the characters, they bring such different options to the game. Cat and dog the simpler of them, as they were there at launch. Think I'm sitting at 125 hours or so in this. Would be more but one of my friend's isn't a fan... he says it puts him to sleep, which just means he's not running and jumping around enough.

Swords is probably the one addition that didn't ever really click with me well, any characters good at close quarters I'd rather just have a shotgun on. There arae still some decent swords though.

I really like the progression, also. Unlocking things for killing x number of a certain creature, killing some bosses for the first time, etc.

Also, for shard farming upping the difficult is good too, though not sure you can until you beat the game once.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Starting to feel like I'm doing something wrong, because I just cannot beat the game on normal. I'll be completely fine, and then somewhere in act 2 or act 3 I'll just get brutally murdered. And progression seems to have slowed to a crawl with how much things cost so fast. I'm up to like 45 talent level so just have those characters unlocked. Only the first one seems good? I'm mostly using SMG type weapons.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Starting to feel like I'm doing something wrong, because I just cannot beat the game on normal. I'll be completely fine, and then somewhere in act 2 or act 3 I'll just get brutally murdered. And progression seems to have slowed to a crawl with how much things cost so fast. I'm up to like 45 talent level so just have those characters unlocked. Only the first one seems good? I'm mostly using SMG type weapons.
Yep, the game can go from fun to not, pretty quickly. 45 TL and you still have a long way to go...I am L123 and still kind of a newb even though I can rip through anything.

PM me in a few days and I can help you cheese up a bit (run first boss for a few hours, quitting after each kill).

Also, characters need certain guns to do well. Tao needs high ROF guns to stoke her E ability. No high ROF? Go home.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Killed the boat for the first time, using the guy with dual wield. Only lets me go back to the inn, not continue on to 4th act?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Second kill on normal let me go to act 4. I killed the act 4 boss, but I could see that guy being a super dick on higher difficulty. I'm back to eating shit in act 1 on elite lol

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
He was a super big dick when they first implemented him. His whole fight was 'dont dps him during this phase, now dont dps him during this phase, OK NOW DPS HIM OR YOU INSTANTLY LOSE WITH NO NOTIFICATION THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING'

I put it down for a couple months after that.