H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

I really hate what they've done to BR right now. If you spawn near the dam you are fucked no matter what, since there are so many people that spawn there and few cars that now only have a "chance" to spawn.
The gas comes too god damn fast that you dont have any time to do anything but run towards the middle or join the clusterfuck at the central loot spots, They've really made it an idiots game. Previously you'd be able to run to the outskirts and loot some campfires or cars out on the fringes and then join in on the action... now? Take a gamble to run out at an outskirts car thats not there? Too bad Sit down and die to the gas that moves at 100Mph

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You just need to adjust, judge whether what you prefer in terms of risk/reward for going after a car or not. You can definitely still land in more remote areas to loot supplies, but cars are pretty hotly contested and rightly so.

Car spawns are completely static as well, so once you get used to it or look at a decent map you can land is some very out of the way places without much issue getting a vehicle.

Just spawning at the dam is bad right now, there arent as many spawn points as you assume. There are some on the north and south side of Veeshans peak, Pleasant valley, Ranchito, Cranberry and the Dam and thats for 150+ people .. for some reason there arent any in the south eastern part of the world?? Edit: After playing a bit longer there arent any spawn points in the entire south. The closest you can get is a southern VP spawn, get that and you can glide to the south for a relatively easy game but whatever. They've still made it an idiots game with that super fast gas.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Very southeast is like crecent ranch or reach or something and has a truck spawn, middle souther is something circle that is like 6 houses and has a jeep spawn, and cranberry has quite a few.

I think the larger issue is how consistently the safe zones are never on the south end of the map. I can't even remember the last time I saw a safe zone south of veeshans or cranberry?

Wachu mean safe zones... this is h1z1 Wakandan, allahu akbar man. I think you meant spawn points?
Yeah they need more spawn points in the south in battle royale, my goto tactic to winning was going
to the south and taking all the gas/plugs from the cars that joining
the destruction derby at the end.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The gas safe zones, seems like they are completely exclusive the northern part of the map.

Ah good point, im dumb. They are exactly the same as the spawn points, the gas never ends in the south. I never thought about that, being the greedy loot car whore that i am.

This is an alpha unfinished blah blah i guess is the answer to my bitching

Needless

Toe Sucker
did they up the spawn rate of guns? i played last night for about 30 minutes and found a pistol.. killed 2 people who had 2 pistols an AR15 and a hunting rifle but no ammo, and then another guy with a pistol too

chick sounded like a redneck, felt good to headshot her from a distance and hear her start cussing me hardcore hahah

Oldbased

> Than U
did they up the spawn rate of guns? i played last night for about 30 minutes and found a pistol.. killed 2 people who had 2 pistols an AR15 and a hunting rifle but no ammo, and then another guy with a pistol too

chick sounded like a redneck, felt good to headshot her from a distance and hear her start cussing me hardcore hahah
Yes. It's back to the first test system they used and what people generally feel was the best.
Endless supply of guns but limited ammo.

Oldbased

> Than U
We only ended up with 10 inches but my town is a steaming wreck as it is not the norm here. Last time we had more snow on the ground was 1968.
joeimel (@joeimel) | Twitteris a photo journalist for our town who tweets all the scanner/news all day and you can get a pretty good idea from his page how this town is literally shut down.

WTF I was 100% sure I was in the weather thread. Disregard above , just leaving it so the edit and reply makes sense.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
We have 15 inches.. about the same situation. We are simply not use to this type of snow.

Anyway, first time since the wipe I have played hardcore and it was awesome. Some guy named Knowthesituation asked me and my friend to help him get a car up and going . He knew were everything was and we got up an going and absolutely wreaked havoc for about a hour before getting overthrown.

Prior to that, up on the hill behind Romero's in Pleasant Valley, I was hiding waiting for my RL friend to get online. I was killing an occasional zombie as they spawned and for some reason those zombies were loaded. This may be already known or i'm letting the cat out of the back but one zombie had more than I could carry on it. I'm not talking junk either. Guns, ammo, clothes I had never seen, etc. Once he logged on, I showed him and he did the same. We were loaded. We then traveled around a bit and we died back to back from hackers. One guy was teleporting and "rolling" around. The second guy was invisible and laughed at us for awhile.

The game is very much improved and getting with a small group is a blast. I didn't speak much on Mumble last night as I was on Skype with some friends plus we were total noobs starting out. Hoping to get up with everyone and make a cabin or two. Not sure if we want to bear any tags but i'm MuliganRR and my buddy i'm always on with is PeaceBreak3r.

I hope Daybreak continues to take steps in the right direction.

MossyBank

N00b
Zombies will be loaded like that very often around big towns like PV. It's because a player died earlier, and no one looted his loot bag. So a Zombie will spawn with all it's loot. I guess the idea is that the player died and was zombified.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Pfff who uses tape, decent 120hz monitors come with crosshair overlays you can use!

Oldbased

> Than U
hn Smedley (President of SOE) commented on Calling out SOE/DBG on email reports regarding hackers.
/u/j_smedley
an hour ago
Not every report turns out to be accurate but also many people who are reported get close scrutiny and in some cases that means leaving the person in to discover the cheat. We have been on the defensive. That's always where you start. Now we shift into offense and we are well set up to shut a bunch of stuff down. This isn't bluster. It's us focusing and winning.

Let the real banning begin.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
My biggest takeaway from the Q&A was the that they're currently focusing on anti-cheat measures before moving onto new features which I'll take as a hopeful sign that this game will live up to the potential it showed during the first weekend.