.Hack//G.U. Last Recode (PC / PS4)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Remake/Remaster of the PS2 version releasing tomorrow (6 hours from now here).

I remember enjoying the first two. Combat was decent, JRPG with active time battles. Think I finished the first one and got to the second. There are three games, all follow the same story and I believe the PS2 used the saves from the previous games, so it was made as a continuing story, not separate games.

This version includes all 3 games with an extra 4th addition to the story. Think there are also other games in the same universe + an anime, but never played or seen any of those.

Basically you are a player in a virtual MMO (The World) where things that happen there seem to affect the real world similarly to what we see in the Persona games. You're trying to figure it out.

I remember the chat text in game was amusing as it mirrored the chat in MMOs which I still played when this was originally released on the PS2.

Had it on pre-order for a while, downloading it now (PS4).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I have this pre-ordered. I might get to this sometime this month, we'll see.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I dont know how i didn't see this coming out until like 2 weeks ago, but i have mine shipping currently. I love .hack games, the whole simulated desktop with the desktop theme and shit; just everything about it is just so nice and nostalgic.

I'm guessing they're releasing this one and not the original trilogy because this trilogy came out when the PS2 pretty much died?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That, and the combat systems from the first 4 games was very lackluster comparatively. There was just a lot more polish and stuff to do in the //G.U. trilogy.

I'll definitely be picking this up. While easy to get to max level (especially at like 1/2 the way through each game, making the storyline super easy, and can be done entirely by accident usually) it was always neat trying to find good word combos for farming specific types of gear or weapons. Them doing a little re-balancing work is pretty great, since a lot of stuff was either beat on something forever because you can't do enough damage at that point in the storyline locked missions/gear yet, or you rofflestomp shit because storyline missions would be 10 levels below you with natural leveling. Good stuff.

I'm interested to see how the 4th new installment goes along, because everything was pretty tied up in the first three.