Hades (Supergiant Games)

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Hestia was always the least sexy and most controversial goddess even for the day.

These people are memeing you. You're the punchline.
The punchline would be the dudes simping for the fat, vitiligo cartoon character. They're gonna spend energy defending that proud womyn and then get the rug pulled out from them when the real life fat vitiligo chick that checks all the DEI boxes confirms that, ya, it's inclusive bro, stop being a bigot.

Its fucking hilarious.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Or maybe we just want a company making a game about greek gods who were sexy and white to stop making them brown, fat, and ugly /shrug

If Jesus was real, I have bad news for you lol

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Why do leftists have a vitiligo fetish? They fucking love it.

Probably because it makes black people white, and they’re the most racist of anyone (by the meaningful definition from decades ago)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Probably because it makes black people white, and they’re the most racist of anyone (by the meaningful definition from decades ago)
Was gonna say: in all the random vitiligo pushing you see, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a white person with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Was gonna say: in all the random vitiligo pushing you see, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a white person with it.

Funny you mention that. I actually have localized vitiligo on my right ass cheek. Noticed it at 27 or so (was tanning during my initial get-in-shape gym phase, so it was noticeable) and freaked the fuck out. Luckily it does indeed appear to be the version that is localized to one (usually not visible) area of the body.

I do think it’s more rare in whites, or at least non-blacks, though. I won some sort of lottery, twice, apparently.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Supergiant has always been San Fran as fuck, and even when they were/are making great games that bled through a bit. It was always overlookable but always present. I could never get very far into Hades, It just never clicked for me. I guess I just suck at roguelikes, because while the game was fun, I could never get into it. I remain a Supergiant fan: Bastion and Transistor are two of my favorite games of all time, and their soundtracks are on every device I own. Of course they had to make Hades 2. Hopefully either I will get gud or they will make something I will be able to play next.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So anyways...

Got to the boss in area 2 with the Axe and Frost dmg. But got really owned there. Feels like the enemies in this one is a bit harder than in Hades.

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Joe Rogan has (had?) it and used to talk about it on his podcast all the time.

Funny how this only works with white culture.

I wouldn't know, I don't follow other cultures. I am white though and I know I don't care if fake characters are white because I don't identify with them.

Oh then surely it would cause no problems if a dev studio released a game featuring a white Baron Samedi who spoke intelligible English.

Fine by me. Gods aren't real, no one has ever seen one, everyone that describes one is full of shit. Anyone that gets mad about the depiction of one is a retard.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So anyways...

Got to the boss in area 2 with the Axe and Frost dmg. But got really owned there. Feels like the enemies in this one is a bit harder than in Hades.
Ya I'm not sure if it's harder overall or if it's just we don't have many upgrades and are pretty weak early on making it seem harder than it is. Overall I like it a lot so far and you can do some pretty fun stuff and feel overall more powerful than in Hades 1.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fine by me. Gods aren't real, no one has ever seen one, everyone that describes one is full of shit. Anyone that gets mad about the depiction of one is a retard.
At least Cybsled has the excuse of having no original thoughts of his own. You're just a fucking moron.

• 2Like

Cybsled

At least Cybsled has the excuse of having no original thoughts of his own. You're just a fucking moron.

All depictions of gods by humans are whatever interpretation humans come up with. It's no coincidence that most gods look like humans for the most part, with the occasional animal part mixed in: humans view themselves as the most important thing in the universe, so gods they envision share a form that aligns with that. Usually you only see real creativity with the servants of the gods - things like "biblically accurate" angels or what have you.

Even if you wanted to make the argument "well gods can manifest in whatever form they want, so people can't be blamed for depicting them in a way they allegedly depict themselves to mankind", that just supports the idea that their true form isn't how they manifest themselves to people and if a god is manifesting themselves in a specific form to better interact with humans, then the form they take is fluid, picked to accomplish a specific goal, and could range anywhere from an old dude with a beard to something that looks like a fire elemental made of lava and obsidian or whatever the fuck they felt would be fitting at the moment.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Let's see who can be the most dense human being on earth regarding the art design. Wow.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
All depictions of gods by humans are whatever interpretation humans come up with. It's no coincidence that most gods look like humans for the most part, with the occasional animal part mixed in: humans view themselves as the most important thing in the universe, so gods they envision share a form that aligns with that. Usually you only see real creativity with the servants of the gods - things like "biblically accurate" angels or what have you.

Even if you wanted to make the argument "well gods can manifest in whatever form they want, so people can't be blamed for depicting them in a way they allegedly depict themselves to mankind", that just supports the idea that their true form isn't how they manifest themselves to people and if a god is manifesting themselves in a specific form to better interact with humans, then the form they take is fluid, picked to accomplish a specific goal, and could range anywhere from an old dude with a beard to something that looks like a fire elemental made of lava and obsidian or whatever the fuck they felt would be fitting at the moment.

The issue is, that outside of the fact that there is plenty of cannon about what these gods looks like, these artistic "interpretations" always go one way. Interpret white gods as blacks and you're stunning and brave and so diverse and inclusive. But if a dev studio took a game centered around black gods and interpreted one as white, suddenly diversity and inclusion go out the window and they get canceled for cultural appropriation. Whites are the global minority in reality yet are the only ones ever shouldered with having to be "diverse"

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Cybsled

The cannon (in terms of appearance) is flexible, though. The reason stuff like ancient Egyptian or Greek gods have sort of a "fixed" expected appearance is because their worship more or less vanished and their stories were effectively was fossilized. If they had survived into the modern era in terms of an active religion, I am confident their appearances would have changed to both match the time and local populations. Ares would be less sword and armor and more M4 and NVG.

Actively practiced religions and worship of gods does change the expectation of what the god/gods look like. Jesus wasn't some blond white dude, for example, but with the adoption of Christianity in Europe, the depictions of him changed to better align with the local population. In some areas of Eastern Asia, he even gets depicted as East Asian. The "cannon" changed, so to speak.

• 1Faggotry

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not a fan of the art style of hearth lady, but whatever.

Whenever I see vitiligo or fat models mixed in I figure part of it is that artists get bored drawing the same shit.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whenever I see vitiligo or fat models mixed in I figure part of it is that artists get bored drawing the same shit.
Yeahhhhh, I'm pretty sure that particular directive comes from a pay grade far above 'artist'.

• 4Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeahhhhh, I'm pretty sure that particular directive comes from a pay grade far above 'artist'.
Could see it going either way.

I don't know anything about how Supergiant games works, but I can only imagine during development a bunch of designers got around to pick out a bunch of characters, then sketch up a bunch of different versions of them. If some artist makes a bunch of sketches for a DEI frankenstein, it's pretty easy to move that through the pipeline purely on artistic differentiation. Playing the game or just viewing the characters page clearly shows they value differentiation of art for their characters.

Of course, they could've hired a DEI officer after Hades 1 that put up their put up xer's list of demands that required non-binary, POC, disabled, plus-sized representation and they threw it all into one character.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The issue is, that outside of the fact that there is plenty of cannon about what these gods looks like, these artistic "interpretations" always go one way. Interpret white gods as blacks and you're stunning and brave and so diverse and inclusive. But if a dev studio took a game centered around black gods and interpreted one as white, suddenly diversity and inclusion go out the window and they get canceled for cultural appropriation. Whites are the global minority in reality yet are the only ones ever shouldered with having to be "diverse"
He knows, he's just a disingenuous piece of trash.

• 1Moron

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya I'm not sure if it's harder overall or if it's just we don't have many upgrades and are pretty weak early on making it seem harder than it is. Overall I like it a lot so far and you can do some pretty fun stuff and feel overall more powerful than in Hades 1.
Found any good combos to aim for? The Axe is nice for the big damage but it is kinda slow. The Daggers felt too short range for me. Have not unlocked the 4th weapon yet so not sure how good that one is.