Halo 5 : Guardians

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
For me, Halo 5 is mediocre at best. I pre-ordered it, played it for two days . . and honestly have not fired it up since. Ultimately, I just find the campaign boring and the multiplayer is just average. But hey, if you like the game and you're getting your money's worth out of it . . great!
So you're saying it's a Halo game? Seriously, go play the MCC and you'll see how much better 5 actually plays compared to how people think they remembered the games before it.

I'll never understand how this series got to be a flagship in the first place, but after playing all of them back to back Guardians is as good as any.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So you're saying it's a Halo game? Seriously, go play the MCC and you'll see how much better 5 actually plays compared to how people think they remembered the games before it.

I'll never understand how this series got to be a flagship in the first place, but after playing all of them back to back Guardians is as good as any.
Go play literally any console FPS prior to Halo if you don't get why Halo is revered. Hell, almost any PC FPS.

Halo and Half Life were the games that revitalized the genre (I know Half life came first by a few years, I think you could mark it as a pretty solid evolution from HL1 -> Halo -> HL2 in terms of making immersive shooter campaigns, meanwhile Halo was adding regenerative health, two weapon systems, and made console FPS controls actually good. Like, before this shit we had crap like Turok).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
i'm a huge scifi nerd and having a really tough time finishing the campaign. it all just seems so bland, and fuck this locke guy he's a boring asshole but involved in 80% of the missions. why would you not make the dude from Firefly the main character if you have him.

at mission 10, going to try and finish today and trade this game in. played a few multiplayer games but just died a lot, the radar kinda sucks compared to destiny / COD and the entire REQ system is a total piece of shit. as a person who hasn't really played halo, unless the last 5 missions blow my mind so far the game is a solid 5/10.
I forced myself to finish the SP and traded it in as well. On a positive note, the last few missions were pretty fun.

Anectodal obviously: my buddy is a huge Halo fan boy and was HYPED for months before this came out. I checked his gamer card and he hasn't finished the campaign and has done like 20 games of MP total ...