Handguns

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
ranger and instructor belts are the way to go for belt holsters. carry my full size colt 1911 government model in it easily.

I've been issued my MA Class A unrestricted LTC and decided I'd go with this for my first choice. This'll be my .22lr target shooter, and unfortunately my home defense gun until I decide on whether I want a Sig P226, P229, or a Ruger 1911:

5GRWpi8.png

Guvnah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have handled the SR22 but not shot it. Seems like an awesome gun and getting a .22 to learn to shoot is an excellent idea. Is .22lr available in stores again yet?

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been issued my MA Class A unrestricted LTC and decided I'd go with this for my first choice. This'll be my .22lr target shooter, and unfortunately my home defense gun until I decide on whether I want a Sig P226, P229, or a Ruger 1911:
Just curious, why not go with the Ruger SR9 if you plan to use it as a defense gun?

LaGSaLoT

Golden Knight of the Realm
Purchased the Ruger SR22 for my wife a couple weeks ago for plinking and the idea of having home defense. It is a great gun for a small framed person, she is 5'0" 85lbs, with the smaller grips it fits her hand just fine. She loves it and is very happy with it. Put about 500 rounds through it and had very little issues, aslong as you spend a little time loading the magazine properly you should never have any problems with shells ejecting. I have a Ruger 22/45 for plinking because I like the 1911 feel being that I have large hands. Both great guns to start off with.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
22LR for home defense seems kinda silly, unless your #1 home invader is squirrels.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider

5GRWpi8.png
Home defense needs to be a shotgun nothing else.

Home defense needs to be a shotgun nothing else.
only responding to clarify my first firearm purchase will be the SR22 (.22lr) and will servetemporarilyas home defense.

Also, like the previous poster mentioned shotguns do have their flaws. Say you have only the shotgun available when you wake up and some jimmy rustler has your family member cornered... bet your ass you aren't firing that shotgun anywhere near them.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Contrary to what most people think buckshot has a super tight pattern at any of the distances you would encounter inside your home...unless you have a bowling alley or some shit in your mansion

but thorne is correct - if you read anything from gun or sd schools they all say teaching someone to run the shotgun effectively is harder than a SA pistol.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot42_3.htm

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Shotguns have huge recoil 1) not fun 2) a woman isn't going to fire it more than once
Shotguns have tight patterns at HD ranges
Shotguns are long and heavy
Shotguns are hard to run before throwing in stress
Shotguns in closed spaces are loud as fuck, you will go deaf instantly
Shotgun defense loads will clear through 2-3 walls without a sweat

Get a 9mm or a .45cal pistol and take yourself/your lady/whoever has access to it to a range and put some rounds down range first and reload it a few times. You do this with a shotgun and I'm pretty sure whoever you take and probably yourself will say "Fuck this noise" and never want to touch the shotgun again.

Give a woman an AR-15 though and you'll be out of ammo before you've had a chance to shoot it.

Contrary to what most people think buckshot has a super tight pattern at any of the distances you would encounter inside your home...unless you have a bowling alley or some shit in your mansion

but thorne is correct - if you read anything from gun or sd schools they all say teaching someone to run the shotgun effectively is harder than a SA pistol.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot42_3.htm
noticed this was done at 9 feet. i personally consider that under HD range. to me HD range is approx 20 feet, and specific to my home i'd even say 40. i have an absurdly tall staircase going to my 2nd floor, it must be 30-40 stairs.