Having an existential crisis

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wiki says!

An existential crisis is a moment at which an individual questions the very foundations of his or her life: whether his or her life has any meaning, purpose or value
Can't say it's happened yet. Sounds like the reason people turn to religion. I'm an atheist.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had one in my mid-twenties when I was working a part-time job and living in my parents basement. I went back to school, have a good job now, and about to graduate. I was in a shitty place and realized that my life truly did not have any meaning. I feel better now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
People that take supertouch threads seriously give me existential crises. Or headaches. Something like that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I still think if we have a worst poster of the year for 2013 he's the clear winner. My story was legit though.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm always wary of posting in Supertouch (tm) threads, but this is an interesting topic of discussion.

While I don't have any hard numbers to back it up and I can't be bothered to research it, I think a lot of 20-somethings nowadays are finding themselves wondering "what the fuck is the point of all this?". It's not like it was in our parents' days, where you could graduate from college without being in debt, get a decent paying job right off the bat, buy a house and have a family by the time you were 25. Sure, some people still manage this, but the number of them gets smaller and smaller. It's easy to look at where your parents were at 25 (house, career, kids) and compare that with where the current generation is at 25 (renting with debt, mediocre job or unemployed, no family) and start to feel depressed about life in general.

I had a similar story to Noodleface's until I figured out the career that I really enjoyed and wanted to pursue. Up to that point I felt like I was just kind of floating aimlessly through life without any real goal, success, amibition, or point.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
existential depression has very little to do with one's career or achievements.
If only you could form more than one line of semi-coherent thought. We would all love to hear you elaborate I'm sure.

Google doodle the other day was Gregor Samsa taken vermin form in remembrance of Kafka. I assume that's what inspired this post.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
existential depression has very little to do with one's career or achievements.
I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt here in this thread.

To some people, existential depression CAN indeed have to do with career or achievements, it's not all some metaphysical garbage-ass tranny-dick-stroking-but-not-sucking struggle. If indeed that is all it is, then I've never had a crisis.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
your being a loser is just that. an existential crisis transcends wealth and prestige and achievements. it's about pondering the absurdity of life. keep your garbage-ass 4chan-inspired comments to yourself.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So Suoertouch, did you finally graduate from just stroking it to having it inside you one way or another? Is that why you are questioning your life?