Hawken F2P

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm Brando01 if anybody is looking to partner up or start a group. Just got a Bruiser, having a hellish time trying to figure out the best way to target the hellfires but it definitely is fun.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Hellfires are mad fun warp/strafe from around a corner and unleash hell from point blank. If you can pull it off. Otherwise you look like a douche that wasted a hellfire. And then you die.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah, getting better with the Hellfires now. Had some multikills where I strafed around a corner to find 2 or 3 mech's repairing and just raped them with the hellfire. Hopefully they introduce a better matchmaking system as when you get put in a team with a bunch of lvl 1 CR-T's it's going to be a long game....

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
yeah a balance to matchmaking is deff. needed and fast. another thing is balance overall the game is very badly balanced mechwise and some of the choice they have made just makes no sense whatsoever

Fun game, lot of potential. Early on matchmaking needs balance work. Some height restrictions suck at times. Respawn locations seem too random even on Team DM, Silo capture (should spawn kinda near your teammates)...havent tried seige yet. First build I went all offense, second build all movement with some points in my overall damage and some overall defense. Movement worked better at least for me. Id like to have some more customization options for my mechs and perhaps localized damage with results.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I went all D for my Bruiser since I need to get up close for my Vulcan to do shit and it meshes with the Bruisers special. Combined with the EMP I'll just rape stuff until I'm finally overwhelmed by multiple enemies if my team can't keep up.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
This is cool.

How do you upgrade stuff though? Improving armor/speed/guns and stuff seems a bit unclear to me.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
If anyone sees me online, feel free to hop in or invite me to a game.

Screen-name is BMWtx

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
The EMP charge is a blast. It totally shuts down all systems except movement. OP as fuck, but hey, it's on a minute and change cool down.

Nothing beats firing a charge into a clumped group of nimrods to see them go apeshit upon realizing they can't do shit. Laugh out loud.

Specc'd the brawler for speed, with EMP ,+ bullet damage and upgraded thrusters (+ forward leap). 'Tis beast.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Not bad for a start. I knew the Vulcan was a world-ender. That with Hellfire is good night Susan.

It's the little things. The droning techno warhorn that blasts when your ship is getting close to their base in siege mode is fucking amazing. Think HL2 slilt bastards meets Silent Hill movie "alarm". That and the techno city vibe is superbly crafted.

Morsakin

My only problem with the vulcan is the obvious heatrate; it's great for 1v1 encounters but even with some points spent towards dropping the heat rate it's often lacking when i need it on 2 or more opponents.

I'm really loving the Scout; once you get the actual Flak Cannon it's fantastic.

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
My only problem with the vulcan is the obvious heatrate; it's great for 1v1 encounters but even with some points spent towards dropping the heat rate it's often lacking when i need it on 2 or more opponents.

I'm really loving the Scout; once you get the actual Flak Cannon it's fantastic.
fought a lvl 25 scout with EMP/shield/flak and maxed out mobility the other day he was impossible to kill

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just get a "Failed to initialize launcher" when I try to play.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The heat rate on the Vulcan is fine, it's just the spin up time when you get caught unawares which can mean the difference between a kill and getting killed yourself. I don't really see any other choice but the battery charger for the consumable, heat rate can be handled and the radar scrambler is easy as you just run to your teammates but you're fucked when you get EMP'd without it.

Going to get either the Scout or Infiltrator today.

Morsakin

I personally prefer the Scout, the increased mobility and fuel reserves ability lends itself to most encounters better than the "Camo" ability of the infil in my experience; it's not exactly hard to tell where they are when they start firing. If anything, the Camo is nice for getting out of a clusterfuck situation when you can get lost amongst the chaos.

Though I do love the HEAT cannon, it just takes some getting used to. After having seen the stats, mixed with in-game experience, it doesn't seem to really necessitate a charge-up aside from an opening salvo for obvious reasons. The charge up time doesn't make up for a +20 damage mod imo.

Edit: GG last night, Brando; need to get more people from the boards in on the action.