This is a good deal right?

1624135209083.png

Edit: Other options Prime Card Bonus Offer

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I would say yes. That's only $100 more than I paid for my CX
Think I'm just going to bite the bullet and do it. $1440 isn't bad, and should be a world of difference from my TCL 5 series

Random related question. If I get it, and get a sound bar, and a 4k UHD player, what's the plug in order here. Are they both supposed to go into earc? 4k player into sound bar into earc

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I upgraded from a TCL 6 series, so you should see a very significant improvement.

As far as the eARC goes, the sound bar should be the one plugged in to that port IIRC.

gak

<Gold Donor>
I'm such a fucking retard. I wasn't downloading 10-bit 4k HDR rips because the one I tried awhile back looked greyish/yellowish/greenish/shitty and I was too busy to dick with it.

Finally I was bored enough to try again with Loki and immediately realized when HDR is sensed by the TV it overrode -all- of my custom color/tone/judder/etc settings. I had assumed it would only override my brightness setting.

With the HDR source active I re-customized all the settings and it saved them properly for the next time I play HDR content. Compared to the usual 8-bit SDR 4k rip I can finally see why HDR is better.

ret.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Can't decide between the 50 inch Neo QLED:

Or the 48 inch OLED:

To wall mount in my game room for my new PS5 that's coming in July.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Neo QLED isn't Samsung's new R&D tech we won't see that til next year or the year after. They are also being stingy on HDMI ports typically only 1/4 are v2.1 for 2021 models.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Neo QLED isn't Samsung's new R&D tech we won't see that til next year or the year after. They are also being stingy on HDMI ports typically only 1/4 are v2.1 for 2021 models.

Seems pretty good.

I think I'm going with the Samsung because it mounts better.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Okay, the QN90A Samsung TV got here and it's super sick. The PS5 isn't here yet but I hooked up my PC to it and it's absolutely insane. Unfortunately I'm using a 25 ft HDMI cable (strung across the ceiling lol) that's not rated for 4k@120hz so I can't test that out yet.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I have one issue with my CX. I have a Shield, Switch, and PS4 Pro hooked up to it. Turning on any device other than what I was last using causes the TV to turn on and immediately wake the last device I used. The TV then switches display to that device, forcing me to shut it back down and manually switch inputs.

My TCL had no issues waking up and displaying whatever device waked it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Weird, I have a philips play sync handling turning on the tv per input so I haven’t had that issue with my Cx. I’d say to double check the settings on what wakes it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Or the 48 inch OLED:

Bit late but have you actually used an OLED before? Even side by side the oled still smashes on the Q90. Oled just straight up spoils you on picture quality.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Or the 48 inch OLED:

I've got the QN90 65" and it's a beast.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Bit late but have you actually used an OLED before? Even side by side the oled still smashes on the Q90. Oled just straight up spoils you on picture quality.
I've got the QN90 65" and it's a beast.
In my experience they're both really good, but OLED is better. Thing is, if you've never had an OLED, you probably won't notice that the QLED is lacking in some areas, though. I had a Sony for a while and I thought that was pretty awesome until I got an OLED that made it suddenly look dated.

$1500 or so for a 55'' C1 is an amazing deal, for people asking above. I paid $2700 for my 65'' C1, and it would have been about $2200 for a 55'' C1. This was just a mere two months ago. If you're already getting $700 off on the C1, that's tremendous value. The C1 is hands-down the best TV I've ever owned, and matches up with the pricier G1 head-to-head. The only TV I might consider over the C1, MAYBE, is the Sony A90J. It's got the best OLED picture on the market for movies. However, it's got more input lag for games, so I went with C1 given my own usage ratio.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
So I have one issue with my CX. I have a Shield, Switch, and PS4 Pro hooked up to it. Turning on any device other than what I was last using causes the TV to turn on and immediately wake the last device I used. The TV then switches display to that device, forcing me to shut it back down and manually switch inputs.

This is annoying as fuck and has happened to me in the past, did you figure anything out how to stop it?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

Same issue with my C1

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Whenever my LG OLED dies in the den I plan on buying the biggest non-LG tv I can find with the best picture. Fucking absurd that these retards at LG still don't have HBO Max app, and any tv older than 3 years can't get peacock. It annoys me enough to just boycott those assholes going forward, especially now that Sony is making world class OLED's.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Whenever my LG OLED dies in the den I plan on buying the biggest non-LG tv I can find with the best picture. Fucking absurd that these retards at LG still don't have HBO Max app, and any tv older than 3 years can't get peacock. It annoys me enough to just boycott those assholes going forward, especially now that Sony is making world class OLED's.

Get a Chromecast, Roku stick, Shield or the like and enjoy the ability to completely ignore the TV OS. That way you can get the TV that is the best at being a TV.

Admittedly, the new Shield update that enables the new Google TV home screen rustles me. I'll need to sideload a new launcher for it to not have the top 1/3 of the screen being an ad.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Using built in TV apps... *cringe*

Dont get me wrong its nice they have them, but if you buy an OLED you should be able to grab a ShieldTV or AppleTV 4k! - I like my AppleTv but i also have the newer shield with its built in AI enhancing which is quite nice.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife wants a TV for our bedroom... now that we have our LG OLED downstairs I don't think I could ever get anything else. Unfortunately she thinks 48" is too big of a size (I don't think they make anything smaller) but still trying to convince her otherwise.

Is there anything else comparable that is smaller?