Health Problems

Oldbased

> Than U
Wow, 13 separate pulmonary embolisms? Holy shat.
Lesson #1 when you give a diagnostic clinic a CD with all images on it, they don't give it back. I need to go get another copy from the hospital sometime I guess. It looked like a astronomy image with little suns haha or as the initial doctor told me lit up like a christmas tree.
Thankfully it was all from 1 clot which broke up into many small ones and if I understood correctly was deep lung. He said if they had been not as broken up into so many small ones it would have been much worse. Still I wasn't on blood thinners at the time and they wasn't sure that was all of them or if they would clear up quick enough to save me.
I assume my risk of that happening again is much lower now that I stay on 3/30ish INR/PT. I still get them in my legs at times in where it looks like a road system on the back of my leg like black streaks, or almost all the time a black dot or a few on my foot.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
got a call from my doctor's office yesterday asking me why i didn't show up for my first day of in-patient chemotherapy. would have been a whole lot easier to make it on time if they had ever called me to tell me when i was scheduled.

so now i'm for sure starting TIP chemo next monday.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
got a call from my doctor's office yesterday asking me why i didn't show up for my first day of in-patient chemotherapy. would have been a whole lot easier to make it on time if they had ever called me to tell me when i was scheduled.

so now i'm for sure starting TIP chemo next monday.
It does help if they give you the info!!
My best hopes are with you during this...Fuck cancer.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I haven't posted in quite a while but I've been keeping up. Figured I'd post a quick update. Surgery confirmed for beginning of July. Just need to call a month before. In the meantime I want to get <200 lbs. I started at 220 3 weeks ago and I am currently 205. Doing DDP Yoga and I feel pretty damn good. Plenty of energy for chasing after the kid outside since it's finally getting nice out.
Although I've been sleeping on the couch lately. When I sleep in bed no matter how I sleep I woke up feeling like I've been hit by a bus. It's mostly my back that gets bad. Being able to sit up a bit and sleep on my back helps big time. If I wake up in pain it's just a soreness I can get right up with. Took me a good 10 minutes to physically get out of bed the other day.
Other than that I'm at my lowest weight since high school pretty much. This is definitely the best I've felt in a very long time. Dreading and really looking forward to surgery. Just want it done so I can start recovering. It'll be at least 3 months recovery time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do you find ddp helps with the weightloss? Been thinking of trying ddp for awhile and that was just one factor that interested me

I still owe you a soda at the bar one day since neither of us drink beer

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I was telemetry transport for the hospital yesterday and as I was picking up a patient with CAD s/p CABG x4 to go to ultrasound for DVT r/o, his family member was unresponsive in her chair and the nurse comes running out of the room saying, "What do I do? Should I call code blue?" I had to actually take over the situation because they didn't know what to do since the family member was not a patient, lol. Did the full cranial nerve assessment / NIH stroke scale including blood sugar since patient was diaphoretic and sleepy.

Good times. Love being transport, lol.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Wow, 13 separate pulmonary embolisms? Holy shat.
13 is fine, it's the 1-3 that kill somebody out of the blue :D

Never been in the military or deployed. Been outside the US a limited number of times, Canada several occasions, Mexico twice on hunts, Europe to the 50th anniversary of D-day in 1994. That's about it.

Apparently my brain is still working OK tho. My long term girlfriend mentioned to the neurologist I was colorblind as can be. I told him I'm not except for some reds, just colors don't "speak" to me and I don't care if shit doesn't match or not.

He gave me a 2 minute test and then set me up to take another test. I passed 100%. The Dr. said I thought you were at least partially colorblind. I said "I am, but the girl giving the test on the computer had the slides named with the number you are supposed to see in the filename, after 2-3 doesn't take much to figure out what number you are supposed to see.". So got that going for me lol. She even had "null" for the ones you aren't supposed to see a number.

One week I'm positive for whatever they look for in blood work for soandso autoimmune disease like Lupus but two weeks later I don't. I've got a long list of stuff that I'm positive for and then later I'm not.

One Dr. did say "not to disturb you further, but your A1C showed you as pre-diabetic" so you need to have that looked into and address it. That's good news considering I"ve been a type 1 diabetic for 41 years.

AI diseases tend to be finicky to properly diagnose, since even Lupus relies on a scoring system based on a wide variety of symptoms, so you don't really need anything in your blood results to end up with that diagnosis (or similar). I'm going to assume they ran you through all the machines in radiology for any suspect growths ?

On a personal note, fuck Whipple op, 6 hours standing while sterile is horrible

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Do you find ddp helps with the weightloss? Been thinking of trying ddp for awhile and that was just one factor that interested me

I still owe you a soda at the bar one day since neither of us drink beer
I was 220 3 weeks ago then I started doing the Energy and Fat Burner programs on top of eating less and better. As of today I am 207. It gets a thumbs up from me.

You can throw some Parrot Bay into that Coke or Root Beer and we'll cal it a day.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
13 is fine, it's the 1-3 that kill somebody out of the blue :D

AI diseases tend to be finicky to properly diagnose, since even Lupus relies on a scoring system based on a wide variety of symptoms, so you don't really need anything in your blood results to end up with that diagnosis (or similar). I'm going to assume they ran you through all the machines in radiology for any suspect growths ?

On a personal note, fuck Whipple op, 6 hours standing while sterile is horrible

Had multiple full MRI's from head to toe and down the spine. This all started as "MS" but that changed to ADEM and my MRI looks exactly like ADEM, instead of the more "normal" 3-5 lesions people with MS have during a relapse I had 130ish and the total whiteout. Three years later my lesions have mostly gone away which is not common for MS either in a short time span after having been that big. Besides the MRI matching I had a virus at the time which is what triggers ADEM, either a virus or infection and I had shingles.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was 220 3 weeks ago then I started doing the Energy and Fat Burner programs on top of eating less and better. As of today I am 207. It gets a thumbs up from me.

You can throw some Parrot Bay into that Coke or Root Beer and we'll cal it a day.
I did ddp yoga for a few days. It actually made me sore which I found surprising. Could do without the wrestling moves and buzz words but honestly I like it. Gonna keep doing it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I certainly helped with my flexability. But I still can't suck my own dick.

/sigh

It is good for tone and flexibility and losing some weight, but do some weightlifting too.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
just finishing up a week of in-patient chemo. getting really tired of this shit.

did the math and i'll probably be spending about 2 months total this year in the hospital. maybe closer to 3 if my immune system doesn't cooperate.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Sucks bro, I got lucky. Normally I'm only in for about 5-6 hours every other Monday and then get to walk around with a bag for 2 days. Pain in the ass but it's better than being stuck at the hospital. Also, everything tastes like pennies.

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Spring allergies finally kicked in. I am a stuffy itchy nosed sneezing mess. This Flonase hasn't kicked in yet. :mad:

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Spring allergies finally kicked in. I am a stuffy itchy nosed sneezing mess. This Flonase hasn't kicked in yet. :mad:

It should be any minute now lol. Flonase would have all my swollen tissues shrink up incl my throat in record time.

The science says that shit doesn't hit the brain/bloodstream, but every time I used it I felt like I was on a lil upper and in an elevated mood. I stopped using it because I suspected it was just too good (strong as fuck) and canceling office time and taking calls in my car all day with recycled air turned on and the windows up was working great.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Also related to having a stuffy nose... I have a shitty cold including achy back and neck. How do you bros power through a cold?

I used to take NyQuil day and night but I felt like it made it worse when it wore off. Now I just ibuprofen + Tylenol and neti pot. Lots fluids.