Health Problems

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Small miracles. I called the ER dept who transferred me to someone who could page my doc. Got a call within 10 minutes.
I should have crushed thus shit up and snorted it so it kicks in faster.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Grats on clean colonoscopy. Mine came back with the doctor saying I had a long hemorrhoid as big around as his pinky. Just change my diet up a bit and gave me some suppositories.

I did Miralax this time. The last two times was Golytely which is the absolute worst, feels like you must be guzzling semen it is so thick and salty. I don't eat much the day prior so it cleanses me out quick and I just piss water out of my ass for a while afterwards. I didn't wake up needing to and I went twice the morning of, once before leaving the house and once there before the procedure. This was my third and the easiest.
One of those bide Toto toilet seats combined with daily Miralax totally reversed my internal hemorrhoid situation. Would highly recommend buying one.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
If anyone was wondering how it feels to fart with a completely numb ass it feels like the fart is erupting inside of you. Soooooooo weeeeeeiiirrrrrd!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Brings new meaning to the concept of the stranger.

Anyway my sinuses always get irritated and bloody during the winter. This year we had an incredibly mild winter, barely even dipped below freezing. Then one day it was bitter ass single digit cold, stayed that way for over a week, and my sinuses have basically imploded. Instead of getting a little bit of bloody drainage, my sinuses and down into my nostrils a ways scab over constantly. It's awful. Have to cram triple antibiotic up my nose just to try and keep it from drying out and getting even more irritated. Sometimes the scabbing gets thick enough that it obstructs my ability to breath through my nose, and if it won't clear out from blowing my nose, gotta remove the scab manually which is disgusting, painful, and probably inhibits the healing process, but I can't stand mouth breathing. Going to have to get this shit cauterized soon I guess.

First time I ever had doctor's orders to cram vaseline up an orifice though.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I was actually going to recommend you just use petrolatum in your nose...but, your HCP already suggested it. lmao.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
What is the consensus about big medical bills?

Do you just pay $10 a month on the big bills until you die or get rich? Just buy your way into the future with tiny little monthly infusions of cash to keep them hooked and hope you get richer later?

Like slow playing a control deck in Hearthstone. Just string them along with cheese until you can handle all their bullshit later. Why pay all at once? How can they come after you?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
had my left testicle removed on monday. surprisingly i felt physically better right away... not getting the chronic pain i had in my left flank now. crossing my fingers that its not just a fluke.

i will probably have to do chemo tho.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Phew good to hear that pharmkos. Good luck going forward.
So I called a refill in on my pain meds because I'll be out by Friday. The last time it took this office a week and a half to get me my refill. They called me after office hours today and assured me they would be overnighting it tomorrow. I swear if they fuck me over again on pain meds I am not going to be a happy a camper. Not at all.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
not going to get a prosthetic. they can easily end up out of place and awkward, supposedly they feel nothing like a real testicle, and there are quite a few potential complications that can arise from having a sack of silicone in your crotch.

i was going to ask the doc to give me a quick vasectomy too while he was down there, but the anesthesia kicked in too quick for me to remember to.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
not going to get a prosthetic. they can easily end up out of place and awkward, supposedly they feel nothing like a real testicle, and there are quite a few potential complications that can arise from having a sack of silicone in your crotch.

i was going to ask the doc to give me a quick vasectomy too while he was down there, but the anesthesia kicked in too quick for me to remember to.
Chemo will do it for you.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah but i wanted to make sure. my girlfriend has problems with her reproductive parts too. with our luck, we'd probably end up giving birth to some strange mutant baby.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
well, i guess i spoke too soon re: my optimism that things were better immediately after the surgery.

the lymph node at the base of my neck, on the left side, has swollen up to about the size of a plum. was that way when i woke up on friday morning. called my urologist (the one that did the surgery) and he and i both agreed i better get bloodwork and a cat scan done right away. got the bloodwork and cat scan done on friday, but by the time they were done my oncologist had already left his office. we didn't realize he leaves at noon on fridays. so now i wait til tomorrow morning for confirmation of that this news is indeed bad.

when testicular cancer metastasizes this far away from the testicles it places the patient firmly in Stage 3, and reduces the usual 90%+ 5-year-survival rate of testicular cancer down to ~71%.

not going to lie, i'm scared as fuck.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Damn sorry to hear you're having some complications. And man waiting on results like that is the worst ever. These days I get my ct scan results same day. Years go I have to wait a week. There some really long weeks back then. Hang in there. Got my fingers crossed for not so bad news.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah i didn't have insurance when my cancer developed, since i was attending school full time and not working. so i'm stuck getting my cancer taken care of on Medicaid's schedule.

to give you an idea of Medicaid's schedule, they didn't okay my surgery for a full month after my initial appointment with the urologist.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Anyone ever get a "dry socket" after having dental work? Had a tooth pulled and was fine, but 2 days later I woke up and felt like my face was going to melt. Excruciating pain, doesn't seem to be getting much better either. It's absolutely leveled me, never felt like such a pussy heh

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Dental work always hurts the worst hours to a day later. Depending on how severe it was, it could be a couple days. I would recommend Ibuprofen if anything as that really helps against dental pain.