Health Problems

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Gavinmad Gavinmad I know this will sound crazy, but it is honestly worth a try. Try the carnivore diet for a month. The inflammation in your body will greatly reduce and likely alleviate much/most if not all your pain.
Wasn’t popular science in the past that red meat increased inflammation? I’ve heard carnivore diet being thrown around lately. Maybe I’ll try it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol. another high d-dimer test but the swelling was already catscanned for a clot. results of range of motion test too inconsistent to indicate pulled muscle. I think I might actually be approaching the early stages of medical mystery, first time I've ever seen my doc at a loss.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wasn’t popular science in the past that red meat increased inflammation? I’ve heard carnivore diet being thrown around lately. Maybe I’ll try it.
Nutrition science is a fucking minefield. Industry influence, poorly run studies, etc etc. Also, more and more we’re slowly realizing that it’s way more complicated than previously thought and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution.

That said, I think the first thing people should generally do is drastically reduce the amount of processed stuff they consume. After that, play around with whatever diet works best for you. I think it’s also worthwhile to track really closely what you eat for at least a month, at a minimum to reinforce your knowledge of “x food” = “y calories/macros”

Layne Norton/Andrew Huberman/Peter Atilla are all great resources with content on pretty much all platforms.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That said, I think the first thing people should generally do is drastically reduce the amount of processed stuff they consume. After that, play around with whatever diet works best for you.

There definitely isn't a diet that fit everyone. Either you ask the tribes you descend from what they ate in their cavern 20.000 years ago, or you experiment a bit...

I mean carnivore probably isn't for everyone, but if you have persistent heath issue, there can't be much harm from eating only meats for a few days... And that should enough to figure out if it's worth persueing or not. Same with keto or any elimination diet, you won't need long to figure out if it's working.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
There definitely isn't a diet that fit everyone. Either you ask the tribes you descend from what they ate in their cavern 20.000 years ago, or you experiment a bit...

I mean carnivore probably isn't for everyone, but if you have persistent heath issue, there can't be much harm from eating only meats for a few days... And that should enough to figure out if it's worth persueing or not. Same with keto or any elimination diet, you won't need long to figure out if it's working.
Should probably try any big diet changes for longer than a few days. If you do a hard cut over it’ll be at least that long for your guys to get used to the change

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
My wife is kind of going through something strange atm as well - nothing as serious as the above, but was diagnosed with something called Bronchiectasis? Seems like it's an incurable lung disease but relatively easily managed? She's S African and had Tuberculosis as a kid which the doc seemed to think could be the root cause of this. Also seems like it's pretty rare Izo Izo sleevedraw sleevedraw - any thoughts on this disease and manageability?
Mmm, diagnosed with high resolution CT usually. It's common in previous early infections in immigrants where lack of timely antibiotics is an issue, TB is a classic. Over here we mostly see it with structural diseases like cystic fibrosis pts, COLD/astma exacerbations can mimic it as well. Bascially it's sachets and scar tissue in the lung. Chronic. Mucus can build up, clearance is worse, harder to get out of the lungs by natural cilia movement, exacerbating pneumonia/lung infections. Management is primarily to stay in shape, PEP therapy (like blowing through a straw, a whistle device) and early antibiotics with lung infections. And don't smoke or live with a smoker, obviously.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Having a lot of pain now is the reason I am up. Bone pain for lack of a better phase. In places there is limited muscle under the skin like the shins and such. I used to take abath with epsom salt would help alittle along with a number of pills but that is no longer an option.

Now that I'm sick doctors don't want to give anything. Figures. I use to have my teeth cleaned at the dentist and would give me a prescription of hydrococdene. I never needed it but I kept it just in case.

Aksing for something is a big no no. If you know the right people in the medicla community you can ask around and they will point you in the right direction to someone that doesn't care. For some freak of nature most everyone I know now is working in the medical field.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Mmm, diagnosed with high resolution CT usually. It's common in previous early infections in immigrants where lack of timely antibiotics is an issue, TB is a classic. Over here we mostly see it with structural diseases like cystic fibrosis pts, COLD/astma exacerbations can mimic it as well. Bascially it's sachets and scar tissue in the lung. Chronic. Mucus can build up, clearance is worse, harder to get out of the lungs by natural cilia movement, exacerbating pneumonia/lung infections. Management is primarily to stay in shape, PEP therapy (like blowing through a straw, a whistle device) and early antibiotics with lung infections. And don't smoke or live with a smoker, obviously.

Never heard of it before. From a patho standpoint, almost sounds like an acquired/adult version version of cystic fibrosis with the mucus buildup, though it looks like it can be a sequela of CF.

I never worked in crit care, so my knowledge of pulm is pretty limited.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I know you guys don't care, but this morning she's already feeling better. There is no sobbing. Pain medication seems to be doing its thing. You have no idea how much better I feel about life right now.
really glad to hear bro! Tell her there is no heroism in being in pain, take the meds. Pain meds also work better if she can get in front of it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well double post but good news!
Follow up with my (now ex)Neurologist today. The brain tumor reared it's ugly head via a seizure in June. I was put on Kepra for seizures , when nothing more was found I worked with them to get off Kepra with the understand we would do tests to make sure I was ok w/o it. Today was the follow up , all tests were in the normal/negative range.
Told them thanks and don't take this the wrong way but I hope to never see you again in my life.

• 13Like
Reactions: 12 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Fuck, they sent me home with Oxys for my knee when I had it scoped and I had to call and have them downgrade that shit because it turns out oxy gives me fucking horrific nightmares.
The only thing oxy gives me is darkness. I used a few out of my spares to make a Potion of Instant Darkness. 15 second timed off switch for the mind. I used it when I had a nasty flu and couldn't sleep.

The only drawback? The recipe for The Potion of Instant Darkness was exactly the same as The Potion of Eternal Darkness.

I went back to suffering with Nyquil after a close call, and my only experimentation I do with drugs is dissovling Tylenol powder in tea.

• 1Mother of God

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It would be one thing if I was looking up heart attack/stroke symptoms and immediate response just to be an overachiever, cause I do sometimes worry about my dad's management of his own health.

Actually being the reason you need a refresher on Heart Attack/Stroke protocol? This is just bad writing.

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Nutrition science is a fucking minefield. Industry influence, poorly run studies, etc etc. Also, more and more we’re slowly realizing that it’s way more complicated than previously thought and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution.

That said, I think the first thing people should generally do is drastically reduce the amount of processed stuff they consume. After that, play around with whatever diet works best for you. I think it’s also worthwhile to track really closely what you eat for at least a month, at a minimum to reinforce your knowledge of “x food” = “y calories/macros”

Layne Norton/Andrew Huberman/Peter Atilla are all great resources with content on pretty much all platforms.

I've been using MacroFactor since August or so with great results after stumbling onto Jeff Nippard's channel on YouTube. He's a pretty science based body builder who is as I understand co founder of the app, and honestly, the thing is amazing and it's fucking easy. Takes less than a minute or 2 a day to track your intake and figure out your problems. I've been wanting to lose the gut, build muscle, and the app basically does all the work for me on figuring out my intake and expenditure every day. Then, a month or two ago I started waking up with awful leg cramps, and I really hate bananas, so I started working on potassium levels without them, and it turns out I've managed to solve that too. 3500mg of potassium is FDA recommended, but that's an absolutely absurd amount of K, and very few people actually reach that in a day. Well, I'm one of the ones that does regularly now, and lo and behold, no more cramps, no more bananas. Happy times for me.

The other thing it's done is get me into a diet that I absolutely love. Everything I eat, I enjoy. That cannot be understated. A lot of people "diet" just to lose weight or be fit or whatever, but they don't really like what they're eating. This allowed me to play around with tons of different foods and see the overall effect of those on my macros and plan accordingly. Now, literally every food I eat in a day I love eating, I'm under my maintenance calories, and I hit 180g of protein and 3kmg of potassium every day. And, I feel awesome and it's solved some of my other issues as well.

Nutrition pretty important - garbage into your body is obviously not gonna work long term.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
How's she doing?

She's out of bed, and that's huge. She has not as much pain as was anticipated, but there is certainly pain. I think mentally she is doing better than I am, it sucks balls to watch someone you love suffer. She is still doing nothing but reading or watching movies. This is very unlike her, and it tells me that she's not right. Some of our best friends are coming tonight and staying the weekend. They said they're going to cook and clean and do all the things that need doing. I'm perfectly capable of doing these things, but having some emotional support will be a most welcome thing.

• 11Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
She's out of bed, and that's huge. She has not as much pain as was anticipated, but there is certainly pain. I think mentally she is doing better than I am, it sucks balls to watch someone you love suffer. She is still doing nothing but reading or watching movies. This is very unlike her, and it tells me that she's not right. Some of our best friends are coming tonight and staying the weekend. They said they're going to cook and clean and do all the things that need doing. I'm perfectly capable of doing these things, but having some emotional support will be a most welcome thing.
That's good to hear man! When her friends get done cooking and cleaning send them to my house please.

• 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I remember the year I had two shoulder surgeries. Had a brief stint where I was distilling the acetaminophen out of the the hydrocodone using a chemex so I could drink alcohol while on it with no worries. Brief but dark time.