Hearthstone

elidib

Vyemm Raider
No bring it on, no dead man's hand, so your "fatigue them" plan is shit already. No bloodrazor, no slam, no execute, no sleep with the fishes, no unidentified shield, no scourgelord garrosh, so your "kill all the things" basically comes down to just brawl. No battlerage, no coldlight oracle, so your only draw is coming from shield block and acolyte of pain?

Reckless fury isn't even being played currently, neither is mountainfire armor. Amorsmith and ironforge portal arent threatening enough.

Your win condition is mithril spellstone, and that's not even good enough to see the light of day currently. it's just not a strong enough deck.

Finally, tank up was good before Bloodreaver Guldan existed. tank up is a 4 point swing in fatigue, guldan is a 6 point swing. NO WAY will control warrior be a thing in a meta where cubelock and control lock still exist.

please note, i fully reserve the right to change my mind if ridiculously overpowered cards are revealed in witchwood because they want to push the most boring and drawn-out archetype back into the light of day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
No bring it on, no dead man's hand, so your "fatigue them" plan is shit already. No bloodrazor, no slam, no execute, no sleep with the fishes, no unidentified shield, no scourgelord garrosh, so your "kill all the things" basically comes down to just brawl. No battlerage, no coldlight oracle, so your only draw is coming from shield block and acolyte of pain?

Reckless fury isn't even being played currently, neither is mountainfire armor. Amorsmith and ironforge portal arent threatening enough.

Your win condition is mithril spellstone, and that's not even good enough to see the light of day currently. it's just not a strong enough deck.

Finally, tank up was good before Bloodreaver Guldan existed. tank up is a 4 point swing in fatigue, guldan is a 6 point swing. NO WAY will control warrior be a thing in a meta where cubelock and control lock still exist.

please note, i fully reserve the right to change my mind if ridiculously overpowered cards are revealed in witchwood because they want to push the most boring and drawn-out archetype back into the light of day.

Control Warlock fatigues much faster than control Warrior does. You will always beat that deck if you go down into fatigue. You're not going to beat Rin but it's favorable if they're not playing that. Control Warlock has few actual threats that matter. Voidlord is basically ignorable.

No one plays Reckless Flurry now, but it's a hell of a lot better when it's guaranteed 4 damage for 5 mana worst case scenario. There's no reason to use spellstone, use Ysera/Alexstraza as your finishers like old school control Warrior.

The biggest boon to control Warrior is all your autoloss matchups are gone. There's no more jades, there's no more mill Rogue, there's no more Exodia Mage. Rin is the only thing left that automatically beats all other control decks. You can generally be assured that as long as you don't die, you'll eventually win. It's just short of a really good complete deck right now, it needs basically one more good card from Witchwood.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Exodia mage technically could still exist Exodia Mage - Hearthstone Decks (minus oracle and block)

Control warrior will lose to tempo decks because most of its removal is gone. That's the part that kills it. The whole deck relies on removing opponents threats and stalling them out. it'll be so dependent on brawl which is completely fucked against cube strategies and other good deathrattles.

Rin, as mentioned, will ensure control warrior never becomes a thing again.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your Coddtrol warrior also loses Blood Razor, Bring it on, DMH, Dirty Rat, Execute, Slam, Sleep with the fishes and the DK

Dunno, reads to me like aggro paladin will just fucking walk over that guy.

Especially since he knows your deck will be like this, so he can for example put BoK on damaged big threat minions because there will be no execute.

There's no reason to use spellstone, use Ysera/Alexstraza as your finishers like old school control Warrior.

Alex is 8 mana.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Your Coddtrol warrior also loses Blood Razor, Bring it on, DMH, Dirty Rat, Execute, Slam, Sleep with the fishes and the DK

Dunno, reads to me like aggro paladin will just fucking walk over that guy.

Especially since he knows your deck will be like this, so he can for example put BoK on damaged big threat minions because there will be no execute.

Alex is 8 mana.

Alex is 9.
Your comment about knowing what's in a deck is also irrelevent. Knowing decklists isn't hard already.

Silence counters Rin, unless they sac it themselves, so Rin isn't an autoloss either.

And lastly, the quest can be played for your late game. I played some taunt warrior a week ago and went from rank 10 to 6 easily. It beats most decks in the current meta. And most of the good taunts are odd.

So tank up and taunts early then rag shots late

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried out the new Arena. Its a step in the right direction but it has one small flaw.

If you you have the chance to pick Priest....Pick Priest. If you go against Priest do not be ashamed to lose. The Priest Class has so many nice cards to choose from that it can get insane pretty quickly. A fast deck can beat the priest but it better be real fast. I played against a quick Paladin. The game was strong with him until I cleared his board..Once..twice and then screamed his 5/5 with 6 1/1's back into his deck. I imagine the frustration of drawing a 1/1 for your turn is not pleasant.

So in review....Priest.

• 1Like

rad

Lord of Guk
Every time I read one of those HS developer updates I feel like it's a parent lecturing their kid. Or perhaps it's Brodes imbelished tone ringing in my head. Either way, annoying as shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So bank up Saturday and Sundays quests to finish on Monday?

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
New Cards from the reveal stream. New shaman hero gives a passive hero power "whenever you play a minion, add a random shaman spell to your hand"
1522090187073.png
1522090213261.png
1522090224095.png
1522090231013.png
1522090238324.png

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I think that Nightmare Amalgam neutral epic would be pretty good for aggro druids that used those menagerie buff cards (+ x/x to a random dragon, beast, murloc)

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Quest priest is going to happen this time for sure!

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Most of those cards seem playable.

Rotten Applebaum is like a heal 9+ to your hero, only suffers to silence. Could be the new Healbot.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah thats the interesting part to me. Usually these reveals are half trash cards, half seemingly playable cards. The cards today all seem playable.

• 1Like