Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think I picked Kolento :(

Same, I was between Frozen and Kolento mainly, didn't give it too much thought tbh. Oh well.
I didn't see his 1st match but seems like he got the Hearthstone dicking on 2nd match. Starts 2-0 and then can't get a decent start for the next 3 games with his rogue. Think he had to hero power turn 2 a couple times, etc.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I thought about picking Purple but the guys a grade a douchebag. Muzzy was also on the table. I probably should have looked at groups more, though it seems to be a lot of "upsets"

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I am not so sure that Corridor Creeper will go away when Patches goes away. The card is just good as it costs less if any minion dies, not just your minions or the enemy minions. Thus, will always be strong against and in Zoo or aggro decks.

But since Creeper is in basically every single deck they will likely do something about it. Eventually.

The real problem is the overpowered buff cards and the fact that silences have all been nerfed into uselessness. A big reason Priest is so ascendant is because they actually have playable silence effects. Every deck basically has to be hard control with unconditional sweepers or weenie swarm + buff cards. If your control deck leaves anything in play on their side on turn 7, Bonemare wins the game on the spot. Cobalt Scalebane is almost as bad, as is Cold Blood/Blessing of Kings on something behind taunts like chain gang because nothing deals with it if you're not Priest. Combo win to end the game ASAP is also super important because they also gave the weenie swarm + Bonemare decks cards that are completely impossible to grind out and that there exists no playable hate for. Did you completely shut down my aggro swarm at 30 health? Doesn't matter, I'm just going to Val'anyr your face 15 turns in a row and you can't do shit about it. There's literally NO answer to it besides silence which basically doesn't exist if you're not Priest. Same goes for 24 power lifesteal Kingsbane that can't be countered at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I thought about picking Purple but the guys a grade a douchebag. Muzzy was also on the table. I probably should have looked at groups more, though it seems to be a lot of "upsets"

I picked Purple...and yeah, those interviews are not flattering.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

TL;DW: After February Season, you only drop 4 ranks per Season Reset, however every rank will take 5 stars to advance now.
Spreads out player base among more stars, making matchmaking better overall, and eliminates some of the grind for the top players.

I am disappointed they are still bandaiding the current system instead of developing something completely new/fresh.

But the changes are good overall I think... unless you are in the 10-20 range, the new grind will seem more daunting. If you stay Rank 5+ then it's going to be very awesome.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider

TL;DW: After February Season, you only drop 4 ranks per Season Reset, however every rank will take 5 stars to advance now.
Spreads out player base among more stars, making matchmaking better overall, and eliminates some of the grind for the top players.

I am disappointed they are still bandaiding the current system instead of developing something completely new/fresh.

But the changes are good overall I think... unless you are in the 10-20 range, the new grind will seem more daunting. If you stay Rank 5+ then it's going to be very awesome.

That's absolute garbage. I've not played since i disenchanted my collection, but i've been following around to see what they do with Ranked play. Seeing shit like this just vindicates my decision to gtfo.

What a shitty game. GG for all you bros still playing.

• 1Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
Brode said:
"We're making every rank 5 stars, so that every player gets to feel the same amount of progression."
This quote feels like the guiding cancer that keeps Brode&Co. from getting it. You should not want the players progressing from rank 5 to legend to "feel the same amount of progression" as players going from 22 to 16. There are, at the very minimum, three totally different games that are being played on the ladder right now. (1)There are ridiculous noobs who lack the time and/or skill to complete their dailies. (2) There are players who learn how to play the mechanics of their decks and can even be good players. (3) There are players who know *hearthstone* - which isn't about their deck, but the larger meta game. They win or lose games because they're capable of guessing what card their opponent just topdecked, they are tracking which removals their opponent still could draw, and they probably know what those 2 cards that their opponent has been holding on to since the mulligan are.

Blizzard recognized that players are different and it would be wise to separate them. Their solution here was to..... slightly decrease the probability that they'll interact.

No recognition that grinding the living hell out of the game is boring. No recognition that players are stuck playing powerful decks that they don't enjoy playing. No recognition that deck-building isn't a skill that gets tested or rewarded.

I swear, the next time Brode opens a video with "we've listened to you, and so we're doing..." I'm going to just interpret that as "Hey, we're gonna do this whether its a good idea or not!"

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Does Brode seem like a smarmy version of Seth Rogen? That presentation was so overly enthusiastic. I ask you, would you buy a used car from Brode? I think not.

• 3Worf

Brand

Molten Core Raider
BTW, I like the changes, but they simply aren't enough. They are ignoring a number of core issues (RNG/High Roll being the one I care about most).

I still don't get how there is no tournament support yet. That seems like an absolute no-brainer.

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nerfs

Upcoming Balance Changes – Update 10.2

• Bonemare - Now costs 8 mana. (Up from 7)

• Corridor Creeper - Now has 2 Attack. (Down from 5)

• Patches the Pirate - No longer has Charge.

• Raza the Chained - Now reads: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, your Hero Power costs (1) this game.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Solid contribution to this thread.
This thread is dead. Hearthstone Twitch is a lot more dead than before. The devs let AIDS meta fester for so long that tons of people stopping playing. It was a fair question.

• 3Like