Helldivers II

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Patch this morning and now I crash even if i'm the host of the game. Guess I won't be getting any more levels today.

Same.

Few things about the game.

I honestly can not tell one set of armor from the next as far as protection goes. The heavy armor seems useless.

They put all the fire damage weapons behind the premium wall.

Is "end game" just literally running around like a madman kiting mobs, while I hope someone is paying attention and kills my train?

WAY too easy to get stuck on pebbles.

"Hey! I'm going to throw this turret down right here! Look! it worked. I will try anoth...WTF did the damn turret place ALLLLL the way over there?"

Aaand what good is the riot shield?

Too many times things have come up from behind with zero sound. Same mobs that make noise when in front of me walking towards me!

Few more things, but those are my biggest issues. I won't bitch to much about the matchmaking. They will iron that out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Difficulty is weird, too.

We do a group of 3 (although Sludig Sludig joined us randomly at some point last night) and just absolutely steamroll medium difficulty. We tried challenging and it was literally just running for our lives and barely making it out. The medium sized armored guys take about half a mag in medium, and then 2 whole ones on challenging. It's like they skipped a difficulty level between them.

On the one map, we had probably 3 chargers at once, a dozen or more of those bloated spitty guys, and what felt like hundreds of peons. And they don't leash so they followed us a kilometer to the extraction, where more spawned in. And they also seem faster than you can run. Reloading = death. I'm just not sure what you're supposed to do.

But yeah, I started running light armor because it seems like armor doesn't actually do anything and I can at least try to run with it on.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The best armor sets are the ones that give bonuses to other stats for sure, like the throw distance or recoil reduction. Throw distance for the creeping barrage is almost required.

Takes 30 hours of gameplay to earn enough super credits to unlock the premium pass and so far the weapons are underwhelming. Just gotta search for the credits on the maps.

There are map modifiers that cause orbital scatter that cause the drop pods and orbital call ins to be very inaccurate. There are also locations they don't allow drops to keep people from cheesing fights, you can tell these locations when the ball bounces. This occurs when thrown at armored enemies as well, have to hit an unarmored spot.

Lol, that sound shit is frustrating and funny, especially with the Automatons, you'll turn around and then they will attack. Just patiently waiting for you to turn around before raping you.

My biggest complaint is no scaling with less than 4 players and all mobs focusing on one person randomly and for no reason. Sometimes you drop in and don't fire a shot and the entire mob comes after you.

Regardless it's a blast with friends. Hope connections are ironed out by this evening.

Last edited:

Hekotat

Difficulty is weird, too.

We do a group of 3 (although Sludig Sludig joined us randomly at some point last night) and just absolutely steamroll medium difficulty. We tried challenging and it was literally just running for our lives and barely making it out. The medium sized armored guys take about half a mag in medium, and then 2 whole ones on challenging. It's like they skipped a difficulty level between them.

But yeah, I started running light armor because it seems like armor doesn't actually do anything and I can at least try to run with it on.
Stratagem coordination gets very important later on. You need horde clear and enough anti armor dps or you get overwhelmed quickly. Also prioritize bug holes/bot factories over everything else or it keeps spawning patrols which make life hell.

Level 9 we get fucked if people don't use smart loadouts, turrets are an absolute liability and die too quickly to be useful. Level three ship module unlocks are huge as well, focus on one category before going to unlock others.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Challenging gets easier when you have people who can bring in the EAT and/or lots of explosive eagle strikes/orbitals and grenade launchers. 2 grenades = dead bloated spitter bugs. Chargers are annoying as hell, tho. Grenade launcher seems to do nothing and i've had orbitals 1shot them sometimes and then other times 3+ various orbitals hit them directly and seemingly do nothing. A group I was in just now had a guy using flamethrower and that seemed to do decent against them.

Hekotat

Challenging gets easier when you have people who can bring in the EAT and/or lots of explosive eagle strikes/orbitals and grenade launchers. 2 grenades = dead bloated spitter bugs. Chargers are annoying as hell, tho. Grenade launcher seems to do nothing and i've had orbitals 1shot them sometimes and then other times 3+ various orbitals hit them directly and seemingly do nothing. A group I was in just now had a guy using flamethrower and that seemed to do decent against them.

hit a leg with AT rocket to remove armor and shred it with gunfire, it goes down quick. Rear legs are more susceptible to removing armor consistently. Also use ads mode for better accuracy, hitting a bile titan in the mouth/face will one shot. Haven’t determined the perfect weak spot on them yet but ads face hits are 80% chance of a one shot.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bloat sputters are so easy now, 2-3 auto shotguns rounds or one single "heavy" weapon slot to the face is dead.

Hekotat

Bloat sputters are so easy now, 2-3 auto shotguns rounds or one single "heavy" weapon slot to the face is dead.

Their health gets much higher on higher difficulties, we've found the sides to be the weak points but I'll test this with the Breaker.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I want to like this game but I'm having a really hard time getting past there being a bunch of mechanically unique gear in the paid battlepass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
It’s there but those weapons are suboptimal as far as I can tell. Of course it’s not a great look but whatever. Game is fun af.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It’s there but those weapons are suboptimal as far as I can tell. Of course it’s not a great look but whatever. Game is fun af.

Couple weapons are damn good. The SG-225IE (Incendiary shotgun) is damn good. They should at least open the weapon type up to non-premium peeps.

Game WAS fun. Now I have hit the wall, where I am sick of playing the game backwards! Run a looooong way. Reload. Kill a couple mobs. Run a looooong way, reload, kill a couple mobs. Shit gets old fast.

That and there is nothing to look forward to now that I have that personal energy shield which is great, but sucks that it takes up back slot, leaving you with one legit weapon.

My biggest gripe? Hekotat Hekotat dropping nukes on my head. And fuckin Hatorade Hatorade and his goddamn laaaazzzererrr build, doing 15K of team damage!

Hekotat

I want to like this game but I'm having a really hard time getting past there being a bunch of mechanically unique gear in the paid battlepass.

You can earn the Super Credits in game to buy the battlepass from playing, it doesn't take that long, especially with unlocking super credits from the regular battlepass. I had 700SC after a weekend of playing and the Battlepass is 1000SC.

The game sucks on lower difficulty now but if you don't have 4 people you get rolled on the higher difficulty where there is more combat. LOL Brahma Brahma last night he just blew up for no reason, I had a good laugh. You see those red balls you better run, lol.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Couple weapons are damn good. The SG-225IE (Incendiary shotgun) is damn good. They should at least open the weapon type up to non-premium peeps.

Game WAS fun. Now I have hit the wall, where I am sick of playing the game backwards! Run a looooong way. Reload. Kill a couple mobs. Run a looooong way, reload, kill a couple mobs. Shit gets old fast.

That and there is nothing to look forward to now that I have that personal energy shield which is great, but sucks that it takes up back slot, leaving you with one legit weapon.

My biggest gripe? Hekotat Hekotat dropping nukes on my head. And fuckin Hatorade Hatorade and his goddamn laaaazzzererrr build, doing 15K of team damage!
I don’t normally run that backpack, was trying an all laser build. It is terrible.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mother fucking farm chores, mother in law and othe things keeping me from playing, want to get a real group for these harder levels.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This looks amazing, but based on what I’m hearing going to wait until they’ve cooked it a bit more. Much respect to everyone guinea pigging the bugs out for us fence sitters.
roman rome GIF

Hekotat

This looks amazing, but based on what I’m hearing going to wait until they’ve cooked it a bit more. Much respect to everyone guinea pigging the bugs out for us fence sitters.
roman rome GIF

Automatons will be sharpening their magnum dongs for your arrival.