Helldivers II

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
11am and servers already at capacity.

And even if I can get in, can't matchmake. Probably not going to bother with this one anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

And even if I can get in, can't matchmake. Probably not going to bother with this one anymore.
Lies No GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Kind of weird method since you can go into your "saves" folder and edit the config file there and line 2 is "crossplay_enabled". I disabled crossplay right off the bat because that crap is almost always broke early on in games that have it.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Kind of weird method since you can go into your "saves" folder and edit the config file there and line 2 is "crossplay_enabled". I disabled crossplay right off the bat because that crap is almost always broke early on in games that have it.
Where is this file? Not seeing it.

Edit- got in but now saying servers at cap again.

Last edited:

faille

Molten Core Raider

same, refunded it. Was not the least bit fun playing solo.
Might check it out again when it's on sale

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd be irritated too but how can you expect a smallish studio to be prepared for a sequel's playerbase to surpass the one of their previous game by two orders of magnitude?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If your biggest problem is that people just don't want to stop playing your game, that's a pretty good problem to have.

• 2Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I'd be irritated too but how can you expect a smallish studio to be prepared for a sequel's playerbase to surpass the one of their previous game by two orders of magnitude?

By looking at pre-orders and wishlists? Surely they had some idea of what sort of game they had created.

From the sound of it, it isn't just a hardware problem that they can unfuck by buying more server time; their database architecture/code has fundamental problems with the loads they are seeing.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They have already admitted they never expected this kind of response to the game. Whatever metrics they had available did not point to this level of success, so they didn't plan for it. They thought they needed a food truck but it turns out they need a commercial kitchen because democracy is fucking delicious but adding more seating isn't gonna solve anything. You can't just sign some contracts and scale up your entire infrastructure over a weekend.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
same, refunded it. Was not the least bit fun playing solo.
Might check it out again when it's on sale
I have fun playing solo but I feel like the grind is excessive for me since I'm limited on how high I can pump the difficulty and still succeed.

I'd like to see some sort of reward multiplier based on how few people finish a mission or something to balance it out.

Understand they didn't design the game this way, but given its success, there are gonna be a lot of people like us.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there really a que if I let it refresh every 20, or am I better off quiting and relaunching? Fucking SAD. Been at it for 20mins watching youtube.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Is there really a que if I let it refresh every 20, or am I better off quiting and relaunching? Fucking SAD. Been at it for 20mins watching youtube.

From what I hear, it isn't a queue. Some people get in right away, others sit for hours. I've been watching videos and letting it try every 60 seconds. Been doing that for a couple of hours.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm just going to wait it out until things are fixed. I want to play but I can't make myself deal with server issues, hopefully next weekend pans out better.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
heard this on a twitch stream so grain of salt, find someone from your steam list thats already playing and join on them with the game completely closed and it will skip the queue and go straight into the game.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
heard this on a twitch stream so grain of salt, find someone from your steam list thats already playing and join on them with the game completely closed and it will skip the queue and go straight into the game.

Tried this before. You get the "Failed to connect" message,

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, it doesn't always work but it does work some of the time. People have been helping each other in datmodz stream today

• 1Like

Cybsled

There is the FOH steam group still - can find some forum people playing that way