Help me choose headphones

Rhuobhe

N00b
So I got a nice promocode from the Razer Store. Could you guys help me choose which one?

I noticed that some headphones are USB while other use the 3.5mm connector. Which one is best?

Thanks
cool.png

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
what do you want is the biggest question, with a mike, without, wireless? They all look to be about the same to me outside of cost and what you want to use them for.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ya like those things I mentioned. the headphone quality will be the same.

Jilariz_sl

shitlord
At the bottom of the page for headphones, there's a very large link that says "Which Audio solution is right for me?" Ironically, it redirects to this thread.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Bose is mostly trash, know an engineer that works there. He refuses to own their products.

In another thread someone said they knew a guy that worked close to Beats by Dre, and it was the same. He had some headphones etc he recommended in that thread, but I dont remember the names.

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Limiting yourself to Razer is limiting yourself quite a bit. We also don't know your budget, nor what you plan to use it for--does it need to have a mic?

Ones with USB connections have little DAC (not precisely but approximately... soundcards) attached. Unless you spend a serious chunk of change, those DAC's are going to be crap. The only possible advantage this could have is if your playing on a netbook or something that was created without audio in mind at all. Go for the 3.5mm connectors.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I got a nice promocode from the Razer Store. Could you guys help me choose which one?

I noticed that some headphones are USB while other use the 3.5mm connector. Which one is best?

Thanks
cool.png
The Razer Electra if you MUST have Razer headphones. They are decently balanced, fairly cheap, and built surprisingly well.