Heroes of the Storm

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
It comes across a bit like LoL Dominion in the video with point captures and less reliance on exp/items. Not sure if that's the best game mode to emulate, given it's popularity.

edit: beaten to the punch on the dominion comparison

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol. I'm not a "LoL hater" I played the game for a long ass time. I have the Rammus bowser skin from beta and multiple level 30 accounts. I just don't think it compares to Dota2 when talking about competitiveness. I call LoL players LoL trash just like I call my boss from Romania, Euro trash. It's fun to say.

It's pretty bad when your main defense is "OH HES JUST A HATER"

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
lol. I'm not a "LoL hater" I played the game for a long ass time. I have the Rammus bowser skin from beta and multiple level 30 accounts. I just don't think it compares to Dota2 when talking about competitiveness. I call LoL players LoL trash just like I call my boss from Romania, Euro trash. It's fun to say.

It's pretty bad when your main defense is "OH HES JUST A HATER"
Calling you a hater is just fun to say though.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LOL is still the call of duty of the mobas. Just remember that. Fuckin lolbros

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
To be fair, DoTA2 is only somewhat successful because Valve is pretty much the best company in the world. If dota2 didn't have valve pumping million dollar tournaments into it it probably would have died before it even began.

Probably all the Warcraft junkies that played dota originally and then switched to dota2 are going to fall in love with HotS because of warcraft lore.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
To be fair, DoTA2 isonly somewhat successful because Valve is pretty much the best company in the world. If dota2 didn't have valve pumping million dollar tournaments into it it probably would have died before it even began.

Probably all the Warcraft junkies that played dota originally and then switched to dota2 are going to fall in love with HotS because of warcraft lore.
What kind of argument is that? AFAIK It's still making money hand over fist for Valve, spreads Steam to new countries and computers and gives them an esports title they have been lacking. I expect HotS to require the Blizzard Launcher exactly because of this, time to advertise the new WoW expansion directly in your face...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair, DoTA2 is only somewhat successful because Valve is pretty much the best company in the world. If dota2 didn't have valve pumping million dollar tournaments into it it probably would have died before it even began.

RIP Dota. Hopefully valve stops caring about Dota2 and just turns all their focus to CSGO. I mean, Dota2 already can't compete against LoL. What are their chances when a Blizzard MOBA starts up.
Yeah you are not biased at all...

Usual gamer mentality, "If it's not the game I'm playing it sucks and you are dumb/fanboy for playing it".

Nutron_sl

shitlord
To be fair, X is only somewhat successful because X is pretty much the best company in the world. If X didn't have X pumping million dollar tournaments into it it probably would have died before it even began.
See how that works?

Dota 2 is successful because it is a great game or it would have died off long ago. Same reason LoL still flourishes today, because it's a great game also.

Saying a "multiplayer" game is only succesful (after years) because valve injects money in tournaments is as stupid as saying LoL is only succesful because they invest millions to have booths and advertising at all the big gaming conventions.

I've been around long enough to know that games that arent good die very quickly regardless of money getting put into them.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
and look at all the dota2 butthurt fans. Quick, post this in the RR Dota2 ingame chat and let's all spam together. ^5 boys.

hahaha, love it.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
and look at all the dota2 butthurt fans. Quick, post this in the RR Dota2 ingame chat and let's all spam together. ^5 boys.

hahaha, love it.
Typical response of someone making stupid claims, getting debunked and coping out with "lololtryhards neckbeard ponyfans LOLOLROFLCOPTER". You chose your camp wisely.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, because having Valve back you up and being able to throw 1.6 million dollars into a "first-look" tournament back in 2011 while the game is still in beta didn't have any effect on DoTA2 growing as big as it did.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you put this much effort in to your SC2 casting it might have been bearable.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
black-kid-oh-snap.gif

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nah, I didn't put much effort into starcraft 2 because I knew it's just as dead as dota2 is.

black-kid-oh-snap.gif