Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
The HexCon idea seems great.. but I'd prefer they did something else. They can always have a HexCon if the game takes off so...

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
Ended up going with the Collector. Hopefully those rare art cards can pay off.
As long as you do more than a third of your year of free drafts, you got your money's worth from the upgrade from king. Any extra platinum/gold you can parlay your alt-art cards into is just gravy.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Is this game going to be the money pit it seems to be if you want to actually keep progressing past a certain point? Pricing on the digital card packs seems quite high.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Is this game going to be the money pit it seems to be if you want to actually keep progressing past a certain point? Pricing on the digital card packs seems quite high.
Well, to some extent I suppose. Hopefully a lot less than M:TG is.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
MTGO booster packs are $4 each. So $2 for a booster pack is pretty cheap. With the sub system you can have a stream of packs coming in for $1 a pack. Then you will have a percentage of people that can go infinite off the system and never pay for a pack. Even if you aren't pro, semi skilled players will be buying in at pretty discounted rates with their winnings. My guess is after market booster cost is going to be around $1.50 a pack after a set has been out for a few weeks.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
It's really not, compared to other games on the market. M:TGO is 4$ per pack. Some of the facebook/kongregate/etc. ones get as ridiculous as 10$ per booster. I'm curious what other digital TCGs beat out Hex pricewise. None come to my mind, but I certainly don't know the complete field.

With that said, even if 2$ per booster (or 1$ per booster with the VIP program) seems too high, there are mitigating factors. You only need to constantly pour money into it for PvP. PvE is free. If you're good enough at PvP, you can probably go infinite there (play drafts with a win percentage such that you end up with more boosters than you lose to the tournament entry fees). You can probably sell PvE cards and equipment you gain from that half of the game for platinum to buy boosters (depending on how the market shakes out). And it sounds like the guild bank will let you play decks checked in for free, so if you don't care about tournaments, you can probably just get a wealthy guild mate to check in a bunch of decks and then play against other guild-mates with those and never spend a cent if you don't want to.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
While PvE is free, I can't see them designing it to be viable to finish all PvE content without buying packs. Basically getting token PvP cards that let you get past the 'puzzles'. King Tier would should be plenty for the first set to finish the PvE content though.

With some decent knowledge of the game, I bet you can make a killing by trading packs/currency for the right rares early on then selling them later as people recognize their value.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
While PvE is free, I can't see them designing it to be viable to finish all PvE content without buying packs. Basically getting token PvP cards that let you get past the 'puzzles'. King Tier would should be plenty for the first set to finish the PvE content though.
It's possible (and what I would expect out of your average F2P game), but I really don't expect that of these guys. Maybe I've just been lulled into a false sense of security by Cory's laid back "I'm just another nerd who really wanted to play this game... so I made it" good guy demeanor, but they seem genuinely stand up and non-evil. They've said PvE and PvP were balanced completely separately and they've been 100% up front about everything through this kickstarter, including places they screwed up. It could just be incredibly effective marketing hype that I've fallen for hook, line and sinker, but I think they're expecting people to like the PvE experience enough to want to try out the PvP experience. People will be getting equipment for PvP cards in the PvE experience also, and the "Oh man, I've got to get that card!" factor will drive some people into the pay side of things.

Really, only time will tell though.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Latest addition to the last stretch goal:

"Hi HEXers. Double update today!

We've taken in a lot of your feedback. Should we reach the next stretch goal and HEX Con happens, all promotional cards, sleeves, mercenaries and the like will be deposited into each Kickstarter backer's HEX account. We want to assure you that everybody will be able to gear-up and sleeve all the goodies from this campaign whether or not they will be able to attend. So, should we hit the 2.5 million dollar Stretch Goal, you'll be receiving a lovely care package courtesy of your friends here at Cryptozoic with lots of goodies."

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Your pledge has been successfully changed for:
HEX MMO Trading Card Game
HEX MMO Trading Card Game
by Cryptozoic Entertainment

New Pledge Summary
Amount pledged

$500.00
Reward

THE GRAND KING TIER: ============================== Everything from the King, The Pro Player, The Guild Master, The Dungeon Crawler, The Raid Leader, and The Collector tiers (King tier is included only once--not six times). "The Grand King" exclusive Deck Customizable Sleeves.
Estimated delivery

Sep 2013
Ahhhhh finally

Dinian_sl

shitlord
I snuck in with a King pledge
smile.png
Looking forward to beta!

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
FYI I have a Pro player on another account that I have zero intention of holding on to. If interested PM me but the snipers have excellent scripts (That's how I got my GK) if you want to try and grab it right when I release it.

If anyone needs to know how to do it...

Credit to Robert Boudreau who originally posted this.
How to Pledge Sold out Tiers while AFK
Make a shortcut for your Chrome Browser and add to the Target text box -disable-prompt-on-repost
Firefox , IE have similar the point is you want to disable certificate submission prompts.
Mine looks like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -disable-prompt-on-repost
-Step 1: Open manage pledge / back this project
-Step 2: Enter the dollar amount at the top of the tier sold out you wish to pledge
-Step 3: Click on any of the tiers and continue confirm and make sure you get an amazon payment email confirmation
-Step 4: Go back to the pledge page. Right click and "inspect element" the tier you've used to pledge through amazon payment (Not the sold out ones)
-Step 5: Find the "id" code for the tier that is sold out. Pro Player is 1435500, Grand King is 1435530. Those are the most popular ,but you get the point.
-Step 6: In the elements page copy paste and replace all the "id" codes of your temporary pledge to the sold out id code. You only copy the 7 digit codes the other text doesn't matter. This allows you to pledge the tier that is unavailable.
-Step 7: Click confirm and your almost done. Make sure it says please select another tier sold out etc in red.
-Step 8: Use a refresh add-on or use a keyboard pressing program to hit f5 every 1-2 seconds depending on how slow your connection is.
This allows you to skip multiple windows and you'll be sending confirms for the tier well before anyone can react manually to it becoming available.
Good luck, until we complete fubar the KS servers.

I did the above steps to upgrade one of my PPs to GK while I was away from my PC. Came back to see it upgraded

I used this script with AutoHotkey. Auto refreshplus did not work with the above for me

Eonan

Doer of Things
I snuck in with a King pledge
smile.png
Looking forward to beta!
Did the same...can't wait for the alpha. I am assuming that they don't have any account creation stuff live on their site yet, their last update mentioned that it would apply to the kickstarter account, just making sure im not going crazy over here or anything.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
Did the same...can't wait for the alpha. I am assuming that they don't have any account creation stuff live on their site yet, their last update mentioned that it would apply to the kickstarter account, just making sure im not going crazy over here or anything.
Rumor has it you'll get a code emailed to your kickstarter or paypal address, and then create the account with that. Whether that ends up being exactly how it's done or not, no, you aren't insane. No account creation yet (other than forum account if you're really interested in watching the same five conversations happen over and over again)

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if this was posted. Interview with Cory from a couple days ago with some new info. PvE sounds better than I was expecting - 40+ dungeons, including 8 dungeon story arc, single player PvE dungeons leading into PvP, guild info, guild deck banking to help with deck development etc :