History of FoH

Needless

Toe Sucker
too bad blizzard is a bunch of cucks, a furor podcast with a_skeleton_03 would be brilliant

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
frickin blizzard pretty much killed the guild imo. He came home from work one day and saw we were getting Onyxia into phase 3 consistently and thought it would be bad PR for blizz if we killed her first so he made us go to molten core instead. Not long after we lost some of our best players because if you can't kill stuff first then whats the point.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Does Furor even know this community is still around? I know he had an account on ReRolled.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>

1528312918417.png

Sounds like this faggot got roasted here at some point.

• 15Worf
  • 11Like
Reactions: 25 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, he was Kalaran. Him, some other rogue (who's name started with K as well, I think), Zamtil and a healer (druid?) power leveled to 50 using the early form of 'whirl till you hurl'. It would stun and spin the mob, so each rogue could stand there and backstab it and you didn't need a real tank. Rogues had highest sustained dps, so it was a very efficient way to maximize exp..

Koraf was the other rogue and Nino was the cleric.

I also remember Nagafen took longer to down, but I don't remember why. Maybe his AE breath was working from the start?

Nagafen took longer for two reasons. One was you could pick pocket him and steal loot. We did that and there was not need to kill them. Second there was a nasty negative hp bug back in the day. If a mob had a plus hit point item and a dot ticked to kill the mob the mob would do negative health and not die and was unkillable until it regenerated. This most commonly happened to the animated hand in lower guk but it also happened on Nagafen as well early on making him extremely hard to kill.

Anyway, at some point he decided it was more important for the guild to be a tank and the best race for tanks were Ogres with their frontal stun immunity. That was Kartak, who got banned during the Plane of Fear days for exploiting a nodrop bug. The thing was, for various reasons players would need to switch to alts to help the guild, and then loot for their main would drop off trash mobs which would now rot instead. Anyone who raided back then should be familiar with this scenario. So, while he was using the bug, he was often doing it to get around some of the shitty design we were all suffering through. Getting banned for it made him pissed at Verant, hence the 'Furor' name. Since he was the raid leader and main tank, they powerleveled the hell out of his new character. It wasn't just the dragon's teeth, though that was a big part, but also multiple people all helping. One person pulling mobs, others buffing his pet, dps to kill the mob after he/his pet did 50% of the damage, etc.. I was hanging out in IRC back then, when it happened, and remember hearing the planning of it all. Was very impressive how quick he got back to 50.

Kartak/Kalaran was banned because, he/me meaning I used it as well, used a program someone gave us in irc which allowed you to trade no drop items. He traded his original fear gear which was war/rogue etc wearable before they put in the war only version to his rogue. Someone snitched on him and he was perma banned. I used it to trade a bunch of no drop fear gear to level ones at the time. Once he was banned I deleted all the gear and never got in trouble.

Just wanted to correct a few things.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Koraf was the other rogue and Nino was the cleric.

Nagafen took longer for two reasons. One was you could pick pocket him and steal loot. We did that and there was not need to kill them. Second there was a nasty negative hp bug back in the day. If a mob had a plus hit point item and a dot ticked to kill the mob the mob would do negative health and not die and was unkillable until it regenerated. This most commonly happened to the animated hand in lower guk but it also happened on Nagafen as well early on making him extremely hard to kill.

Kartak/Kalaran was banned because, he/me meaning I used it as well, used a program someone gave us in irc which allowed you to trade no drop items. He traded his original fear gear which was war/rogue etc wearable before they put in the war only version to his rogue. Someone snitched on him and he was perma banned. I used it to trade a bunch of no drop fear gear to level ones at the time. Once he was banned I deleted all the gear and never got in trouble.

Just wanted to correct a few things.

Fucking snitches. There's literally nothing worse than a snitch.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard

Cybsled

We did level 1 fear gear the old fashioned way: By parking level 1 alts in PoF before they added the level requirement. One guy in our guild had a level 1 SK alt named Gazal. Kept him in PoF until he had full armor and the sword from CT. Then he made his troll exit PoF and he started leveling in the swamps. It was kind of funny to see noobs react to a low level SK in full raid gear murdering rats, they thought he was a hacker lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Amazing that you can read that and not see the huge parallels with fohguild.org and Regime (Requiem, I know). That faggot owes us the database for fucking off and leaving your aspie ass and swamp donkey to fuck it into oblivion. He is a worthless piece of shit and deserves a kick in the nuts from the UFC heavyweight champ.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Amazing that you can read that and not see the huge parallels with fohguild.org and Regime. That faggot owes us the database for fucking off and leaving your aspie ass and swamp donkey to fuck it into oblivion. He is a worthless piece of shit and deserves a kick in the nuts from the UFC heavyweight champ.
Not Regime, Requiem.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Well, we can't beat down Requiem, so we might as well take it out someone.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like