Home buying thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Considering I usually use the pool at like dawn. Its never been an issue anywhere I lived that had one. Post 0430 run dunk in the pool is the best.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
It's also where she is storing Christmas decorations and the like, it's just a good spot for all the cabling to terminate into and be out of sight.

The TV will be mounted to that wall as well.
Mine all terminates into a cabling cabinet in the garage, all the coax and ethernet and phone lines go in there. I just have an 8 port gigabit switch sitting in there, and my file server and all of that are on the bookshelf in my office, all hardwired. I don't know what I'd do with 3 computers in a server closet, but I could easily put a few more on my bookshelf in the open-back cabinet without causing an issue.

Doesn't the house have other closets as well? I guess another closet is always handy if that room is big enough.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You really interested in swimming around in piss and shit? I could see if it is a YMCA and an adult-only pool but fuck swimming around with a bunch of toddlers in shitty diapers and kids who think the pool is a giant urinal.
My friends lived in a condo complex that had 2 pools. One was adult only and had a bar in the pool for the sole purpose of them being able to tell parents to keep their kids out of that pool area without much fuss. Pretty great setup.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Mine all terminates into a cabling cabinet in the garage, all the coax and ethernet and phone lines go in there. I just have an 8 port gigabit switch sitting in there, and my file server and all of that are on the bookshelf in my office, all hardwired. I don't know what I'd do with 3 computers in a server closet, but I could easily put a few more on my bookshelf in the open-back cabinet without causing an issue.

Doesn't the house have other closets as well? I guess another closet is always handy if that room is big enough.
The room is quite large and empty so giving it some extra space just makes sense for me.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
How hard is it to get qualified for a home loan in a year in which you also switch jobs? Is it a pain in the ass if you don't have more than a month or two of income records at your new employer?
Probably. The government has absurd rules now for mortgages. If you have 10 million in assets but only make $25,000 a year in total income, you can't get a mortgage through any traditional means.

Khane

I don't know about that. I refinanced like 3 weeks after I switched jobs. I had also opened up about 8 new credit cards in the 3 months prior. They asked me a lot of questions and required a lot of annoying "proof" that I wasn't a debt fiend but in the end it still went through.

EDIT: Now that I think about it... why the hell did they approve that? I mean it'll work out for them in my case because the only debt I have is the mortgage that was in question but 8 new credit cards seems shady as fuck (even though it wasn't, I just wanted those sweet, sweet sign up bonuses)

EDIT 2: I wouldn't advise the course of action I took. It was just a refinance so there wasn't really much at stake. It probably also helped that I was refinancing from a 30 year to a 10 year so maybe they thought "Oh. He's just clever". I have no idea.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How hard is it to get qualified for a home loan in a year in which you also switch jobs? Is it a pain in the ass if you don't have more than a month or two of income records at your new employer?
It really depends. If it is a new field/career, forget about it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I don't know about that. I refinanced like 3 weeks after I switched jobs. I had also opened up about 8 new credit cards in the 3 months prior. They asked me a lot of questions and required a lot of annoying "proof" that I wasn't a debt fiend but in the end it still went through.

EDIT: Now that I think about it... why the hell did they approve that? I mean it'll work out for them in my case because the only debt I have is the mortgage that was in question but 8 new credit cards seems shady as fuck (even though it wasn't, I just wanted those sweet, sweet sign up bonuses)

EDIT 2: I wouldn't advise the course of action I took. It was just a refinance so there wasn't really much at stake. It probably also helped that I was refinancing from a 30 year to a 10 year so maybe they thought "Oh. He's just clever". I have no idea.
What year was this? 2008 and prior had different rules to our current situation.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I moved from California to North Carolina less than a year ago. I went from no job (cancer treatment) to a new job. My wife has had her new job for 6 months.

We have a short sale on our record that is exactly at 3 years.

We were approved for $350k based on income alone. FHA only covers $275k of that and we are on hook for the rest. We were looking at a more expensive house at that time. We will probably get out just around $300k on this one. We have design meeting on Monday, that is when the sticker will rise up.

Khane

Khorum and Cad said some things that startled me in The Big Short thread. I asked a subsequent question but got no answer because I think they thought I was being obtuse... I wasn't. This was before I had watched the movie. I knew based on the current economic climate that similar mistakes were being made somewhere but I had no idea they were being made in the same exact market as they were before 2008. The USA needs to fucking change because we are in a ~7 year cycle right now.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Khorum and Cad said some things that startled me in The Big Short thread. I asked a subsequent question but got no answer because I think they thought I was being obtuse... I wasn't. This was before I had watched the movie. I knew based on the current economic climate that similar mistakes were being made somewhere but I had no idea they were being made in the same exact market as they were before 2008. The USA needs to fucking change because we are in a ~7 year cycle right now.
?

Khane

You mentioned home prices recovering and even soaring past pre-crisis levels. I didn't realize that was happening because it hasn't happened in my area. Khorum pointed out some new fangled tranches that banks are packaging and selling. I had no idea either of those things were occurring.

Your avatar is very fitting.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
You mentioned home prices recovering and even soaring past pre-crisis levels. I didn't realize that was happening because it hasn't happened in my area. Khorum pointed out some new fangled tranches that banks are packaging and selling. I had no idea either of those things were occurring.

Your avatar is very fitting.
Last I checked nobody except Fannie/Freddie had securitized loans since 2008. Is this recent?

And yea, home prices are local but the trend is pretty obvious:

rrr_img_124421.png

Khane

Last I checked nobody except Fannie/Freddie had securitized loans since 2008. Is this recent?

And yea, home prices are local but the trend is pretty obvious:

rrr_img_124421.png
Yea, that's frightening and I didn't even realize it. Despite how fervent I pretend to be on such matters.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Take out the housing bubble and it looks like the graph would line up nicely from before and after.