Home buying thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lol, no man, i meant this thing for snow.
iu
dude i told you to get the snowbroom
30803e6812fb2b55cd2744b03aabb428.png

it easily shoves off 1ft of snow from the roof

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I saw that Canada is forbidding non Canadian purchasers for the next two years or some such as well. Has any country ever done that?
3/4 of the buyers where I am are mainland Chinese. This move would crater the housing market here. I'm trying to buy, so I hope this idea takes off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
so small a markup

That's 29% return in six weeks assuming all cash, and WAY more than that if leveraged. Transaction costs are 6-8% for normal people. If this is a commercial enterprise and they are their own brokers and lawyers, costs are far lower.

If they can actually sell at that markup (which I'd seriously question given the rarity of good deals on the buy side and how fast rates are spiking and stocks are churning) it's a slam dunk unless you needed to live in the place.

For the curious, below is the listing. People complain about CA real estate, but this price point would fit right in around here. TX is the new CA?

Last edited:

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
That's a bullshit listing. No one pays 1.4 and resells for so small a markup. The closing costs and shit alone makes that a wash at best.

How's that? Not seeing how closing and realtor costs are going to be anywhere close to $400k...

But good luck to them getting that price anyways. With rates pushing up over 5% now, getting the numbers people were paying even back in Feb is going to be much tougher.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's 29% return in six weeks assuming all cash, and WAY more than that if leveraged. Transaction costs are 6-8% for normal people. If this is a commercial enterprise and they are their own brokers and lawyers, costs are far lower.

If they can actually sell at that markup (which I'd seriously question given the rarity of good deals on the buy side and how fast rates are spiking and stocks are churning) it's a slam dunk unless you needed to live in the place.

For the curious, below is the listing. People complain about CA real estate, but this price point would fit right in around here. TX is the new CA?

It’s not CA tier but prices for the Dallas burbs are indeed stupid. We aren’t even a fun city for fucks sake just generic fucking suburbia. We’re looking to upgrade but until something changes I’m happy to chill on the sidelines

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Long time rental is rough, but appears to have working systems. Cosmetically challenged. 2041 square feet, 3 bed with 2.5 baths, and upper loft family room or a 4th bedroom in some models with walls added. Decent sized lot with deck and a clean slate for your imagination. Buyer to purchase "as is" and seller will not pay for or complete any repairs.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Closing on my 2nd house today.

2 bed 1.5 bath, 1500 sq ft, $140K

Best school district in the county.

4.85% - 15 year fixed

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just got the letter for our new home orientation and settlement. May 12th and 16th. Fingers crossed no shenanigans before then.

• 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users