Home buying thread

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I forgot to update the situation on my parents place. The realtor they used was ancient, out of it. The all cash deal they had wasn't "as is" and after getting 5" of rain over a week, he had an inspector out there that found "excess moisture" in the crawlspace. They wanted a $6k sump pump system installed to handle that, which we passed on. That buyer backed out, and luckily the second in line still had financing lined up. Adjusted the price to exactly where the cash buyer was at, which was I think $264k - originally listed at $239k. Southern Missouri.

Closed about 10 days ago, done deal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I forgot to update the situation on my parents place. The realtor they used was ancient, out of it. The all cash deal they had wasn't "as is" and after getting 5" of rain over a week, he had an inspector out there that found "excess moisture" in the crawlspace. They wanted a $6k sump pump system installed to handle that, which we passed on. That buyer backed out, and luckily the second in line still had financing lined up. Adjusted the price to exactly where the cash buyer was at, which was I think $264k - originally listed at $239k. Southern Missouri.

Closed about 10 days ago, done deal.
did you get some ernest money out of the first guy?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
these dolls freak me out
46cbea52141afc56c9de4f24dc334144.jpg

tiny home, single owner, literally just bought a starter home and stayed in it for 60yrs
c7bebd0833c6154e56598cac4e8e6570.png

looks like theyre saying, house is "ok" but you should raise it to the ground and build a real home
219 Fairground Street was the Seller's home for 59 years. Now here's your opportunity to build your dream home in this most desirable neighborhood, located just one mile from downtown Franklin and a stone's throw from Franklin Elementary School. Zoned as Mixed Residential (MR), can build only one single family residence or one duplex. The buildable surface is .373 acres which includes the driveway, any surface and building footprints, or 16,252 sf footprint, a lot of house! House is livable and could be rented while working up building plans. Or, house could be renovated. New roof in 2013. Buyer & Buyer's Agent to verify pertinent information.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Looking at buying in NH or ME woulD love to pick up a 20+ acre lot to build on in but prices doubled or tripled in the last couple years hoping they crash too.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I'm really hoping housing doesn't slow drop but instead insta-craters. I got my eye on a few lots and I got cash burning a hole in my pocket. Florida Jensen Beach area has been surprisingly resilient so far. I need a big wave of fear to come washing in.
Same. Held off the last 9 months with this retarded shit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife does it while I work. We have spent every weekend after she researches putting eyes on the actual areas. Driving them etc
I'm scouting Florida, but I know it pretty well and Google Maps/Earth plus the 2020 Census demographics tells me enough to plan. Ain't technology great sometimes.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Stop spooking me while my house is showing this weekend. Day 1 has some people try to offer asking, but wanted answer that night and no incentives like as is.

Just hoping ac holds out with this great though looks like after months of dry have thunderstorms during showing weekend

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Footers of bank barn
IMG-6182.jpg

Lower field that I'm converting to pasture is doing really well much better than what I thought it would in the first year.
IMG-6189.jpg
IMG-6190.jpg

I thought lurkingdirk lurkingdirk and Izo Izo might like this particular part of the pasture
IMG-6191.jpg

View of the back of house

IMG-6194.jpg

Painted about 1500 ln ft of trim today
IMG-6195.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Footers of bank barn
View attachment 417901

Lower field that I'm converting to pasture is doing really well much better than what I thought it would in the first year.
View attachment 417902View attachment 417904
I thought lurkingdirk lurkingdirk and Izo Izo might like this particular part of the pasture
View attachment 417903
View of the back of house

View attachment 417905

Painted about 1500 ln ft of trim today
View attachment 417906
Where are the peasants going to be quartered?

• 1Worf