Home buying thread

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I rented out my old house mostly because it was easy. But selling it right now would be ~$400k cash which a lot more enticing than the rent I get.

Will need to make that decision next year... heavily leaning on selling.
Make sure to check out the tax implications of selling.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
How do you even get a showing from a real estate agent without pre approval?

Before the 2008 meltdown my parents sold their house and the first offer they accepted it turns out the agent was also the person that pre approved them for a loan. Of course that fell through. Not sure that's even semi legal anymore. They didn't know till they couldn't get financing and they looked at the letter stating they were pre approved, not the same comany but same name as the agent.

Luckily it was post Katrina and my parents area got no damage at all. A lady down the road bought the house for her sister that hers was destroyed. The lady owned a sex toy company and she paid for the entire amount with a company check and it the corner it had a dildo on it. Parents drove down to the bank which was the same as the sex toy company and it cashed. Simple solution.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Before the 2008 meltdown my parents sold their house and the first offer they accepted it turns out the agent was also the person that pre approved them for a loan. Of course that fell through. Not sure that's even semi legal anymore. They didn't know till they couldn't get financing and they looked at the letter stating they were pre approved, not the same comany but same name as the agent.

Luckily it was post Katrina and my parents area got no damage at all. A lady down the road bought the house for her sister that hers was destroyed. The lady owned a sex toy company and she paid for the entire amount with a company check and it the corner it had a dildo on it. Parents drove down to the bank which was the same as the sex toy company and it cashed. Simple solution.
Not a lawyer but I doubt that was even legal then. I can’t imagine issuing preapproval letters from a fake company that doesn’t even issue loans is anything but fraud.