Home Improvement

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
lol why? I am honestly curious. Also, Hate & I are friends, he knows I have no ill-intent.

EDIT: Never mind, I just went back a few pages & saw a yellow post for his patio. I assume that post is connected to his main dwelling, which means it is probably yellow as well. Makes sense to stick with yellow to keep everything uniform.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So replaced my door this weekend.

Really scary project, not having a front door in is kind of a bad position to be in if something went terribly wrong but it worked out.
I know that feeling. Everyone says to change your locks whenever you buy a new house. So we ended up finally getting into ours around noon, and I decide that I'll buy a new lock set and do it myself.

Well, fuck me, because the hole for our old lock was much smaller than a new one needed to be. And I didn't have access to all my tools. So after a couple trips to Home Depot and trying to widen the hole, I finally got it in. But it was definitely nerve wracking having the door basically wide open for half the day.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
lol why? I am honestly curious. Also, Hate & I are friends, he knows I have no ill-intent.

EDIT: Never mind, I just went back a few pages & saw a yellow post for his patio. I assume that post is connected to his main dwelling, which means it is probably yellow as well. Makes sense to stick with yellow to keep everything uniform.

My brother strolls down in the basement after I've clearly just finished painting the whole fucking thing and says something like "is this the color you're going to keep it?".

No i just painted the whole thing a shitty color just so I'd appreciate the good color I'm going to paint it later even more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Based on this photo...
4ocsnk8-jpg.118735

You can see that there is a need for touch up paint etc. So I was half wondering if that yellow was just the stock color of the siding & he was just waiting for warmer weather to do the exterior paint. Again, not meant to be a dick in anyway.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Whats up Oblio Oblio ?! Yeah that yellow is the base color of the panels, we haven't done shit to the outside yet. Pretty sure we are going to prime it then paint it same color as house but the wife can't make up her mind on so many things it is starting to stress me out. Which is why I switched to the outside because that was all me. I may just "finish" the inside and let her deal with it.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

There are calculators and they require a lot of input but i suggest you go through one.

Loadcalc.net

HHOLLLLYYY Crap thats insane...

for example the stats on the window unit say that 8k BTU can efficiently cool 600 sq ft- the area is 250ish and a good 50 may be taken by the walk in pantry I am going to make that will go into this area - ill have a pass thru vent on the top and bottom however.

End game for my AC stuff - is I want to buy a 4 ton - and replace all my ductwork with ridged steel with wrapped insulation and do it all myself- right now, as I have said its all huge duct board in the center of my attic and I cannot access anything - I want to run the new stuff on on the sides so I can crawl thru my entire attic - this would also facilitate me redoing my attic insulation with spray in - and also the stick on shit on the underside of the roof also. I want to just call my AC guy and say, here are 4 ports to solder and charge the unit- so that means I most likely will buy a goodman system. I was trying to see if I could get a single unit all in 1 goodman so it comes charged etc and I would just have to reroute my duct to a different start area...but that may not be viable.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Someone just gave me a compressor, it's pretty sweet.It calls for 230 volts, 15 amps, 60 hz. Can I do that with a 12 gauge wire and a 20 amp breaker?

Picasso3

Sears.com

i recommend this to all men, even the pussies. Hanging shit, framing shit, cutting shit, plumbing shit, building shit, it has been helpful in all shits to me.

Picasso3

Suspended a shelf with steel cable over dust vac and miter saw, worked out pretty well, will prob do another elsewhere.

JeeOHkM.jpg

Picasso3

As cheap as shop vacs are and after seeing all the shit people go through to run hoses all over id be surprised if each tool having its own shop vac isn't a viable option

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's what I thought, too.

The only thing to keep in mind is you should calculate and compensate for voltage drop.

For instance I get 117 at the panel, doesn't take that long a run at 12-3 AWG to drop below 230V if it's pulling a full 20A, so depends on how the compressor copes with low voltage if you wanted to run that sucker 50'+ away definitely better with 10.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
TV mounted, just need to touch up some paint, clean up the windows, hang a curtain rod, finalize some shelving /storage stuff and I am done.
Flel0hx.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users