Home Improvement

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’ve used the same CertaPro sales guy for 12 or 15 years. Exterior and interior jobs. Each time I received multiple quotes and they were always middle price, so kept using them based on previous experience and satisfaction. Our new house they did the polyaspartic floors in garage, but my wife actually did the kids room, bathroom, laundry room and pantry. She knocked those out in a day and a half and it only cost me a couple trips to Sherwin Williams. Their site runs specials all the time and cost came out way cheaper than going to HD or Lowes.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I found this guy's site the other day that 3d prints brackets for Ego and Kobalt stuff. Ordered a couple of things for my Ego string trimmer, blower and hedge trimmer. I have pegs in the garage from a previous owner but the stuff doesn't sit right on it so figured it'd be worth trying this out:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
0521241225.jpg

What is annoying is that the mole is right in the trouble spots I've been having since I moved here

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 529683

What is annoying is that the mole is right in the trouble spots I've been having since I moved here
You’re probably making it worse by trying to fix it cause you’re inadvertently attracting its food source.

My lawn guy bitches cause he cant seem to get rid of the bastards either. We could nuke the worms, but thatll fuck up the lawn just as bad.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You’re probably making it worse by trying to fix it cause you’re inadvertently attracting its food source.

My lawn guy bitches cause he cant seem to get rid of the bastards either. We could nuke the worms, but thatll fuck up the lawn just as bad.
Yea the super dead spots now is just clay with no nutrients probably, this area I literally washed with baby shampoo to break up the soil, might've ended up loosening the soil for the moles, idk, but this the only area I did shampoo

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
FUCK THIS SHIT

I put the fucking screwdriver in the fucking hole until the lever pressed down. The wire will come out some of the way and then it just gets fucking stuck. I’m apparently strong fucking enough to break fucking metal with my hands vs this cocksucking whore of a switch just GIVING ME THE FUCKING WIRE. FUCK

IMG_8083.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
FUCK THIS SHIT

I put the fucking screwdriver in the fucking hole until the lever pressed down. The wire will come out some of the way and then it just gets fucking stuck. I’m apparently strong fucking enough to break fucking metal with my hands vs this cocksucking whore of a switch just GIVING ME THE FUCKING WIRE. FUCK

View attachment 529702
Tell us how you really feel.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
FUCK THIS SHIT

View attachment 529702
That the old device? If so fuck it , cut the wire close to the device and restrip the wire. I used to pull the wire out of them (no messing with a clip or whatever) but that was cheap ass residential grade devices.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
That the old device? If so fuck it , cut the wire close to the device and restrip the wire. I used to pull the wire out of them (no messing with a clip or whatever) but that was cheap ass residential grade devices.
I apparently left my damn wire cutters with my old Arduino kit when I sold that a few years ago, so yeah, gotta go buy some. Of course, we apparently need to get different modules…the ones that came in this kit are three-ways and Dad says we can’t use a 3-way switch to replace our basic bitch switch.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I apparently left my damn wire cutters with my old Arduino kit when I sold that a few years ago, so yeah, gotta go buy some. Of course, we apparently need to get different modules…the ones that came in this kit are three-ways and Dad says we can’t use a 3-way switch to replace our basic bitch switch.
when i moved here i adopted the bucket organization system
electrical
hvac
auto
plumbing
etc

the cheapest bags at the time were husky bags at homedepot (they were like 8bucks years ago)
637e63f791b6e33e62e4fa064151181b.png

you can of course try to get other "colored" bags like i did

i mean you can just use any tool bag really, but most tool bags will be way more expensive than a 5$ bucket

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
when i moved here i adopted the bucket organization system
electrical
hvac
auto
plumbing
etc

the cheapest bags at the time were husky bags at homedepot (they were like 8bucks years ago)
637e63f791b6e33e62e4fa064151181b.png

you can of course try to get other "colored" bags like i did

i mean you can just use any tool bag really, but most tool bags will be way more expensive than a 5$ bucket

Here in the last couple of years, that is definitely what I need to do. I saw girls call it "redneck math" on IG yesterday - where instead of paying someone to do a job for you, you buy the tools to do it yourself and spend the same if not more on the tools and supplies. Which, fuck it, I have the tools to do the job forever now - so fuck your girl math. ... But Im quickly learning as I go to find certain shit, that I have to spend 5-10 minutes looking all over the building for it. Maybe Ill get on your level one day, lul.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I get jealous every time my dad comes over with his bucket. I am slightly salty, because I was hoping that one day the massive collection of tools he had to build our house was going to get passed down to me, but he ended up selling just about all of it, since I was still in an apartment and there was no place to store it. I at least got a table saw and a nail gun/compressor… Oh I did inherit the old ass busted multimeter that has to be about as old as I am.

Went out and bought a ghetto set of cutters and stripper and swapped out another outlet in the guest room. This is the outlet that’s controlled by one of the switches and afterwards I go to test the thing…and why the fuck does this still have power when the switch is off… Apparently I have to sever some plate between the terminals, but I’d already put everything back together for the night, so will have to fix that tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn’t light on fire overnight.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I get jealous every time my dad comes over with his bucket. I am slightly salty, because I was hoping that one day the massive collection of tools he had to build our house was going to get passed down to me, but he ended up selling just about all of it, since I was still in an apartment and there was no place to store it. I at least got a table saw and a nail gun/compressor… Oh I did inherit the old ass busted multimeter that has to be about as old as I am.

Went out and bought a ghetto set of cutters and stripper and swapped out another outlet in the guest room. This is the outlet that’s controlled by one of the switches and afterwards I go to test the thing…and why the fuck does this still have power when the switch is off… Apparently I have to sever some plate between the terminals, but I’d already put everything back together for the night, so will have to fix that tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn’t light on fire overnight.
you are fine overnight, it's the same circuit. There is a break away tab on the side of the outlet. FYI Make sure you break the hot (black / red wire w/ copper/dark screws) side, not the neutral (white wire w/ aluminum/shiny screws) side (assuming you are in USA and have 120V)

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

oh that switch is probably in your masterbedroom, they have wire it like that for nightstand lights i think.

i had one of those in my previous home, i took it out and made all the outlets normal

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
oh that switch is probably in your masterbedroom, they have wire it like that for nightstand lights i think.

i had one of those in my previous home, i took it out and made all the outlets normal
We had a few of those. Pain in the ass.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

We have a switch outlet in every room, unfortunately. We never use them since we have ceiling lighting in each, but I’m not sure how to properly disconnect all that shit myself, so I guess they’re staying.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
We have a switch outlet in every room, unfortunately. We never use them since we have ceiling lighting in each, but I’m not sure how to properly disconnect all that shit myself, so I guess they’re staying.
just disconnect the switch wire, the problem is, what do you do w/ a non working switch, you can use blanks to fill in the hole

this looks more instructional

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just did first spray of the year for mosquitos because we want to start using the back yard more.

I was quoted 1800-2300 per season for professional spraying. This is my third year using a cheap tomahawk fogger and Proflex.

Overall investment so far has been something like $480 including fuel. I do treatments just on underside of leaves that aren't flowering (less bee impact) on the perimeter of the yard, let the mosquitos take the pesticide back to where they are spawning.

Looks like I'm running out of Proflex, maybe make it the season. Still 2.5 seasons for $80 is a great deal. You could spend that much on citronella candles for a single party.

Can you tell me about your setup for this? I have been using Tougher Than Tom Mosquito TNT for the last few years and it seems to work well. I forgot to load up going into the summer and it is now an annoying problem

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Can you tell me about your setup for this? I have been using Tougher Than Tom Mosquito TNT for the last few years and it seems to work well. I forgot to load up going into the summer and it is now an annoying problem
I bought the Tomahawk Turbo fogger on Amazon (cheapo because honestly don't use it that much and it's decent enough).

I mix 2 oz per tank (4 gal). It's enough for me to do my perimeter trees and shrubs but obviously may need more or less based on yard size.

I just spray up to the underside of leaves which is where mosquitoes like to hang out. I try to get up to 20 feet, but wind doesn't always cooperate so may only hit like 15 feet high if that makes sense. I don't have any areas of tall grass though (all mowed) so I don't need to actually worry about spraying it around for ticks since our dog doesn't really leave the yard.

For me I get about 5-6 weeks between treatments usually, but I have had to randomly like if big rain storm happens with wind and it washes off or new areas flood and mosquitoes spawn heavy, but that's only happened once so far.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Here in the last couple of years, that is definitely what I need to do. I saw girls call it "redneck math" on IG yesterday - where instead of paying someone to do a job for you, you buy the tools to do it yourself and spend the same if not more on the tools and supplies. Which, fuck it, I have the tools to do the job forever now - so fuck your girl math. ... But Im quickly learning as I go to find certain shit, that I have to spend 5-10 minutes looking all over the building for it. Maybe Ill get on your level one day, lul.

I too spend somewhere around 50% of my time looking for tools. Often tools that were in my hand minutes before they became "lost" for 10 minutes.

Tools, on the other hand, are an end in themselves, not an expense. Just the happiness caused by hanging a new tool in your garage is worth the price of the tool. We only do home improvement projects to convince our wives to let us buy tools.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users