Home movement thread

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thread for all your house moving questions, including lifting, basement installation, relocation for tax avoidance on usfs land acquired in a 3 way land swap and granted tax immunity in the 30s, and by barge or boat.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't know why you find it that funny. Just wondering if anyone has real life experiences with someone who has moved or does move houses and how sucessful they wind up being with the house still intact when they get done.

Picasso3

I think it amuses me because it's the exact kind of scheme I can see one of my relatives coming up with due to their hatred of the gubmint

Borzak

I don't hate the government. Wouldn' thave it if the government not doing a 2:1 land swap to begin with. Trading land to the US Forese Service is pretty lucrative business. The move would be less than the length of the driveway.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Should make it the Home Movement and Black Helicopter Fortification Thread, so after we get done moving our house to avoid taxes, we can start stockpiling weapons, ammunition, MREs and Jim Bakker's Bonus Buckets in preparation for the 2nd coming.

Just look at these things. Who wouldn't want to eat unrecognizable gruel from a bucket they plan to shit in afterwards? We're talking grade A post apocalyptic living right here, people.

Borzak

I'd have to look. Paperwork is in TX right now and I'm staying in MS. For the timber land I only pay $3/acre but it's all grouped together with my main house, this house and the land so I really don't know.

Another bonus I'm looking at is down the road at some point the land will have to be resurveyed and subdivided by parcels instead of the way it is now. I own 51% of the entire deal and it's legally divided out other than 51%. I want to legally define what is my 51%.

At some point in the future I would likely put it in my will to someone else and the no tax angle would probably be a big help.

Picasso3

I'm going to guess it is about 500 a year. Then you have no assume no one is going take on that kind of liability for less than 10k to move it, prob another 10k in foundation and utility relocation. So firing from the hip I'm projecting 2056 for a breakeven but that's not considering that you'll probably not be paying tax on it beyond 2045 because it'll be abandoned and collapsed.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Meanwhile, in Kansas...

6c7b7cca3.gif

Borzak

I'm going to guess it is about 500 a year. Then you have no assume no one is going take on that kind of liability for less than 10k to move it, prob another 10k in foundation and utility relocation. So firing from the hip I'm projecting 2056 for a breakeven but that's not considering that you'll probably not be paying tax on it beyond 2045 because it'll be abandoned and collapsed.
Well after it's moved I will eventually give it to someone else so not that long.I won't live to 2056 anyway. It's not really about a cost saving issue for me. I can't see new footing costing $10k here. I built a new 40'x60' shop and didn't pay that much for the entire foundation and it's on a slab. The run to my shop for electricity was much further and that sure didn't cost $10k. I think I spent $3k total to have a new pole put up (I got the pole free) and the utility provided the meter for free if you seperated out the shop. Labor is incredibly cheap here. But anyway going to call around tomorrow. I like the idea of possibly giving it away at a later date to someone tax free so they are only responsible for maintenance and utilities. Just wondering if anyone had any experience and what to look out for. I see the biggest expense in moving being having to get someone from out of town to do it unless I got someone with logging equipment to move it.

Borzak

Not going to happen this year I guess. I called Dallas movers and they won't come this far. I called and talked to a few in Houston. They are all busy for the next several months moving houses due to the flooding. I would have thought they had all been moved by now. One lady said they get busy every time they have a major flood moving houses and jacking them up and such. Seemed odd.