Home Improvement

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
As cheap as shop vacs are and after seeing all the shit people go through to run hoses all over id be surprised if each tool having its own shop vac isn't a viable option

My dad has a dedicated separate two car garage he's converted into a wood shop. He has a dust vac tubing system hooked up to every single tool. It's a beautiful thing.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tearing out a 1940 bathroom. Tile is half inch thick over mortar between 1 and 2 inches thick over a wire mesh. Fucking bomb shelter.

20170218_171447.jpg

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It is, over wire mesh over wood joists. I plan on putting a floor jack underneath it and hopefully pushing it up off the joists.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
If it's old enough, you may be able to get a local reclamation shop to come and take it out for you for free. Old tubs are trendy right now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I replaced the entire J trap assembly under my kitchen sink to stop a slow leak. It was $4. I'm going to assume this would have been a $250 plumbing house call because all the plumbers and hvac people around here are common thieves.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fuck. I just got a "unapproved Building/Improvement" letter from my HOA. This is of course after I called them months before construction started asking what needs to be done, and about a month after construction was finished. I know what a nightmare HOAs can be, let us hope this is easily fixed. Wish me luck.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Palum Palum is ignorant, can't even debate home projects with him, borderline tanoomba/screamfeeder, knows it all despite being entirely wrong.

P Picasso3 please tell me all the galvi plumbing is coming out?