Home Theater/Game Room Thread

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This is a crazy rumour - that Apple is going to buy Masimo Consumer which owns the AV brands Denon, Marants and Bowers & Wilkins. I hope it doesn't happen - I'd like my next AVR to not be ringfenced inside the Apple ecosystem.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
My Dune Real Vision 4k Plus media player just decided to stop playing 4k UHD mkv rips for some reason. I go out to the Dune website and see that they just released new 8k players so my conspiracy theorist side says they spiked their firmware just to get us to upgrade boxes.

• 1Triggered
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This is a crazy rumour - that Apple is going to buy Masimo Consumer which owns the AV brands Denon, Marants and Bowers & Wilkins. I hope it doesn't happen - I'd like my next AVR to not be ringfenced inside the Apple ecosystem.

This probably would not affect me at all since ill never buy another Denon AVR. Not having the B&W being available might suck but there is plenty of other amazing speakers out there.

Siliconemelons

I bought a denon to replace a Panasonic, kept the pana laying around just cuz…. Few years go by, the denon died, and the Panasonic has been plugging away ever since. Lol

Now i know car audio is way different than non… but the bowers system in my Volvo xc90…whew, chefs kiss

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

Google just announced a new streaming device. Many were hoping it could be an Nvidia Shield Pro replacement which is now 5 years old but remains the only device that can stream 4k, dolby vision and trueHD atmos. Based on the specs there's no mention of DTS-X support which would mean it won't replace the Shield.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user